Non Ethenol Gas Station in Denver | FerrariChat

Non Ethenol Gas Station in Denver

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by butch355, Jun 10, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. butch355

butch355 Karting

Jan 27, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brent
    #1 butch355, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So after some research I found one place that sells non ethenol gas.

Its calls Brads Conoco on 1075 S. Union Blvd.

The gas costs at least 30 cents more a gallon for 91.

WHAT a diffence not having the ethenol in my tank. The porshe saw a huge difference on idle and the Ferrari just feels smoother.

I remember talking to Dave Helms years ago and him saying how surprised the F cars run on the crap we have to put it them, hope this helps a few of you on the west side of town.

Some old landcruiser guys say this is all they use since they have carbs and love the gas!

The only other place I know of is Duggan's on 4434 S. S. Sante Fe and its 100 octane race fuel that is unleaded but its $8.00 a gallon!! That sounds like too hot of gas for typical cars to me and and $120 for 15 gallons might be a little high for most folk!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Interesting info.

3. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    BTW, the owner of Lakewood Five Star shop across (you can see it in the pic) owns a Ferrari too.

4. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    I actually filled my 308 with Duggan's "100-Octane" fuel once when I lived in Castle Rock. Honestly, I couldn't see much difference.

That said, I do think it's worth it to buy gas w/o ethanol if you can find it - not for better performance, but for engine longevity.

So, thanks for the info! This station isn't too far from me, and I'll make a point of buying the fuel for my F-car there. Good to know.

5. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    YaBut (my kids taught be that was a single word)....

Its the "Peace fuel" or "Love fuel" or some line of horsesilt like that I saw advertised on TV. Watch the commercial closely next time, sponsored by who? Do a Google and see "who" the ethonol producers really are. Now all purchased and owned by the oil companies.... follow the money! No longer matters if the sell hog food or Dino based fuel BUT everyone loves a "Peace" based fuel! What a bunch of Guppies they think their customers are!

I wonder how long before there is legislation against 'pure gas' being sold.

6. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Dave, Doesn't the station at 75th and Arapahoe still sell non-ethanol fuel? Also, does the damage tend to occur to a greater extent if the fuel sits? I was in Boulder last weekend and both my power washer and snowblower left puddles in the garage from rotten hoses. Am I kidding myself that as long as the lines have more turnover in fuel they should last a little longer? Thanks.

7. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    Yes, it is far more damaging after seperation occurs, figure 45 days as the average we see that happening in. I have designed an upgrade for the Ferrari's that see storage to prevent this problem. I started with Chemical engineers to see if there was a 'Mechanic in a Can ' solution and have not given up on that just yet. If that proves a failure I have a mechanical solution that will deal with it. There are so many things we are working on right now its a challenge for a little Mom / Daughter / Pop operation to keep them all funded and on track but we continue to make progress on all fronts... all while doing our day job! I had the same problems with my chain saw, weed wacker and generator. The tractor has been our test mule of the fuel hose we make and that has proven leak free.

Dont know about the 75/Arap station, I have not been there in a while now. I figure I need to prep all the cars for use with any fuel for a worst case situation. That said.... I would sure run it if I could find it, I will check that out.

8. butch355

butch355 Karting

Jan 27, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brent
    So I was over getting the 355 filled and the owner told me that from November to Feburary they have to sell winterblend gas which has ethanol in it.

So my advice is to fill up before November for storage and get the cans full for the winter for blowers and such in October.

Funny he said alot more P cars and F cars have been stopping in as of late.

Hope this helps someone!

9. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Good to know. They're in my neighborhood. I like to have a full tank before I put her away for the snowy months.

10. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    I filled up there last week, great bunch of folks that work there too.

11. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    I put another full tank in at Brad's yesterday, thanks for the information!

12. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Just be sure to get there before November!

13. butch355

butch355 Karting

Jan 27, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brent
    FYI, just wanted to remind people to get your gas before Nov 1 for your cars before storage and get the gas for the snow blowers and such for you gas cans. I just had to replace all the hoses in my tractor and snow blower from years past and not happy

Cheap protection!

14. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
  15. butch355

butch355 Karting

Jan 27, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brent
    Talked to the owner the clear gas is back around the 15th.

Funny I was down at FOD and saw they had a GTO engine out and they mentioned the hoses were a mess, most likely from the gas.

I also heard some BMW guys complaining about fuel injectors having issues on old cars from gas.

They are talking about making 85/15 gas at the pumps and some "tests" showed cars all built after 2001 would show no ill effects? Hmmmmm, for some reason I dont trust these government tests so much..

Very odd the news never covers how much damage this crap is doing to our cars and when you hear about all the subsidies, just gets me all the more angry!!

16. ferg

ferg Karting

Jul 9, 2004
    Place at Arapahoe/75th and boulder does not sell the Non Ethenol anylonger, even in the summer, they claimed that they were forced into carrying Ethenol by supplier ect. Have not carried the good stuff for over a year.

Erie Airport supposedly sells 100 av gas, but I have yet to try it, overkill for my low comp porsche...

17. butch355

butch355 Karting

Jan 27, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Brent
    So, more more clear gas this year!! (more like forever!)

The EPA decided that all gas will be shipped at a lower octane. The only way to make the gas hit the 87/89/91 octane was to add ETHENOL!!!

So this is how the government regulates, they just make up there own rules as they go.

If this isnt a shot in the ass I dont know what is.

This just happened this morning.

Oh well, I guess we will need to be like the old days with booze and make a still or something?

18. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Why on earth aren't there more Constitutional lawyers working on this? There are SUPPOSED to be 3 branches of the Federal government, with oversight over one another. ANY regulation originating from a government body not approved by the judicial, legislative, or executive, SHOULD be null and void. Why aren't more of our states nullifying these "laws" with 10th amendment suits? SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!

19. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    Bradleys Conoco in lakewood no longer serves non ethanol. was there last week in the 308 to fill up.
    bummer

20. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Indeed it is, especially since it's so close to where I live.

BTW, I have no affiliation with the station. ;) If it were mine, I'd keep on selling the non-Ethanol.

21. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    according to the owner, the storage tank for the non-ethanol out in LaJunta has a crack and is leaking. the repair billis like $400,000 according to him, so no one wants to foot the bill in such a limited market for non-ethanol these days.