No one, even LH...... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

No one, even LH......

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by DF1, Sep 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Lewis Hamilton has admitted that he can't afford any more mistakes in the final sprint for the championship title.

An errant tyre choice in qualifying at Monza last weekend restricted the McLaren driver to 15th on the grid, from where he could only progress to seventh in the race - although had more rain arrived when the team hoped, Hamilton could have pulled off a sensational victory.

With his advantage over title rival Felipe Massa now down to just one point, Lewis said it was vital to have an error-free run in the remaining four races.

"You've got to be smart in what you're doing," Hamilton told BBC Sport.

"We've got to make sure we collect points and don't make silly mistakes, which is very easy to do, but you've just got to make sure you prepare in the right way.

"There are some drivers who are having more problems than us.

"I think the reason I'm in the lead is because I've probably had similar results to other people, but perhaps slightly less mistakes.

"But for sure, I can't afford any more."

Hamilton said he was still keen to race for victories, but admitted that finishing ahead of Massa at each grand prix now had to be the priority.

"Obviously you're out there to beat all your rivals, so I've got to beat him all the time, and now that he's my closest rival - just one point behind me - he's the guy I need to make sure I finish ahead of," he said.

"It's not easy: he's in a very good car and he's a very good driver, but also we have a good car and we have a great team, and I'm also not too shabby...

"I feel confident in my abilities, confident in my package and the team.

"That doesn't necessarily mean I'm sitting here saying 'we're going to win the world championship', but we're in a good position to do so and I think I'm stronger than ever."

Last year Hamilton went into the final four rounds three points ahead of his then-team-mate Fernando Alonso and 18 clear of eventual champion Kimi Raikkonen, but saw his advantage dwindle away after crashing out in China and suffering a technical problem in Brazil.

But he feels he is much better prepared for a title showdown this season and vowed not to stumble at the final hurdle again.

"Last year I went into these races, I didn't know the circuits, it was my first time there, I was travelling a long, long way away and had to get myself into shape for the weekend with different kinds of pressure," said Hamilton.

"This time I've experienced it before, it's not going to be a shock to the system.

"Having already done a season in Formula 1 I think it's prepared me for this year.

"So for the last four races I feel a lot more comfortable in what I have to do, but it's going to be very tough
    From ITV
    ...................................................................................................................................................
    Seem's to me to be at odds with the original thread post, and one I tend to believe.

Massa is his main rival, rates him as a good driver, in a good car.

The quote: "That doesn't necessarily mean I'm sitting here saying 'we're going to win the world championship', but we're in a good position to do so and I think I'm stronger than ever." .........what would you expect him to say!! I'm in worse shape, I can't beat Massa he is on a roll.

2. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Like you said check the source of the article did you say the SUN!!

3. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #28 kraftwerk, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
    There is a guy on here that has met him, Big D I think, ask him what he is like when in person, if you believe all you read, well good for you. I wish I could be so easily deceived or tricked, and too willing to believe everything that other people say.

Otherwise I'd believe whatever Max Mosely say's, wasn't as fake as a tranny's fanny.

Lewis has a mouth on him no doubt, but so what, the higher he talks the more pressure he put's on himself to deliver, and it will be a long way down.

4. Champboat/Champcar

Champboat/Champcar Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    I am not saying he is not talented, I am not saying he isn`t a good driver, he is confident enough to take risks,I actually admire him, but still with his interviews , I still think he`s full of CRAP . I will get bashed with the following statement but I want Massa to win the Championship.

5. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No bash from me pal, crap is what it is crap.

6. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

#31 Drive550PFB, Sep 16, 2008
    Excuse me, your post has completely deflated my ego and I am not worthy to worship or criticize the god, Lewis.

Come on kraftwerk, this is an "online community," which, by its very nature is . . . wait for it . . . keyboard driven! I am not hiding at all; I put my posts out here for all to criticize--and I frequently receive criticism. Unlike your delicate Lewis, who seems to be free from criticism in the minds of the British press. Let's see, Kimi wins the world Championship last year, and F1 magazine puts Lewis on the cover. In their next issue, they put the World Champion on the cover, right? Nope it is of all people, Jensen Button, telling how he will challenge for the title this year. (How is that working for you, Jens?)

Look, I have no reason to get into a fist fight with Lewis. But, if you accuse me of hiding behind a keyboard, and you want me to rumble with Lewis, you should know that I am 6'2" tall; I weigh 235 pounds and I can bench press 365 lbs--just last week I lifted that. I played college basketball at a small school--I was not a star and I spent most of 4 years on the bench. But if you want to accuse me of hiding behind a keyboard, you need to know that I'd beat Lewis with one hand behind my back.

OK so I criticize your hero . . . you don't like it. You could be easily accused of hiding behind a keyboard, too, but that's not the point. The point is that there is a distinct difference between confidence and arrogance. When one invokes "moral authority" as Lewis did, he is being arrogant. And no amount of your criticism of me will change that point.

You like Lewis, I get that. I like Kimi--and I welcome all criticism of him. Before Kimi, I liked Mika Hakkinen (because he is a personal friend). I liked Frentzen (knew him socially) and I liked Jacque Villeneuve--met him at a few parties and he was very approachable--he loved to talk politics.

So, feel free to take your shot at those guys--and I know you are typing on a keyboard, but I needn't point out the obvious.

7. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You want to talk about insecurity, how about all the people who don't even know him, or the context of which he is speaking, exploding at the slightest hint of confidence or self determination? I think a lot of people on here become jealous and insecure over him, because he thinks highly of himself, and is determined. Especially those who think he should know his place, or some other good old boy bull****.

8. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    +1

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Steve, to a point i agree with you. On camera, hamilton seems a very nice person but as you probably have also seen are the video's on youtube is that when he thinks there are no camera's, or they are off...he doesnt seem the person he is on the camera.

I enjoy to see him racing, he's one of the few who overtakes (and a lot at that), but he has some mouth.

10. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I come on a Ferrari chat site to talk about cars/ F1, and I happen to own a Ferrari so I subscribed, and I believe there is alot of good info on here.

I can accept, and don't mind the fact that people have strong opposing views to me, that is the point of discussing.

However to me to I feel a little short changed, when I read "Lewis just F**K OFF" if you were to meet him I have no doubt, you could probably kick his head in, and then tell him to go forth in jerky movements with one arm behind your back.

So carry on bench pressing, I'm personally not interested in what you weigh or how tall you are, but thanks for your insight it explains alot.

11. icky

icky Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Anchorage, AK
    Full Name:
    Jesse B.
    What's the big deal? What driver isn't morally obliged to the WDC this year?

Why are so many people upset he said that?

12. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Because he's leading the WDC and doesn't wear a red suit on weekends.

13. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #38 classic308, Sep 16, 2008
    Lets see if he sh!ts the bed the same way he did last year..everyone is entitled to their opinion, LH and ourselves included....

14. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    IMHO, I think China and Brazil still haunt him from last year...

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    +1.

Once he has his helmet on he is much better ... I suggest he never takes it off!~!
    Pete

16. QT3141

QT3141 Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2006
    #41 QT3141, Sep 16, 2008
    I really like LH as an F1 driver, and I think he has oodles of talent, but claiming to have a "moral" authority to win is definitely crossing the line. It's as stupid and as bigoted as claiming that Ferrari has a moral authority to win. Didn't Hitler use to speak in those terms?

He's talking way too much for a driver who has yet to win a WDC. After he wins one, preferably two, then maybe, he can start to mouth off a little. Till then, he's only making himself look foolish.

And, for the record, I do believe he can take the WDC this year. I just wish he'd moderate his comments at least till then.

17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

This is a story that is being quoted out of the UK on Eurosport etc. Its not a rumor or mis-statement. LH said this. As an F1 driver he has not been granted any MORAL authority on anything. I think he has amazing talent. An amazing big mouth etc. If Felipe were mouthing this I would feel the same.

Its LAUGHABLE and pathetic.

What next tele-vangelism for WDC points? Shut up, drive win - then get a mouth. Enough LH, I admire you for the excitement you bring not your moral attitude of entitlement.

18. wheredidtheygo

wheredidtheygo Karting

Jan 23, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Michael C.
    I have met him several times in and out side the paddock and have to say he is not as nice as people say.. He is always in a snit and him and his father are in the corners looking as if they are plotting the take over of the world.. ( or at least F1 ).. I can understand that he is in the spot light and I have been blessed to be a guest ( even though I had to pay !! lol ) in both MB and Ferrari a few times and both MS and Massa were great.. Kimi was at MB and never talked much.. Now he seems more pushed to mingle with us.. Lewis has no time for us and is not that easy to Talk to.. Just my two cents..

19. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    #44 cig1, Sep 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

True Colors
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I met Hamilton in Bahrain, at a track day on the Monday after the Grand Prix. We had a large group of Ferraris at the track after having them displayed at the circuit during the Grand Prix weekend. Hamilton was as excited as anyone to see this great group of cars ranging from racing TR's, 275GTB's, Nick Mason's Comp LM, a racing Dino, and a Cal Spyder among others, to the unique P4/5 and he spent quite a bit of time looking at the cars and speaking to the owners. He wouldn't sit in one or even touch it because, as he explained, a picture would show up in the Sun or some other rag claiming he was moving to Ferrari.

He did get into a Murcielago a little later and promptly destroyed the clutch, but the owner simply said "no problem, we'll get another one tomorrow."
    He seemed decent enough, even 'though I wouldn't root for him to beat either Ferrari .
    The statement that he is morally entitled, if accurate, is a bit over the top 'though.

21. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

I just don't understand how you can make the statements you make. You accuse me of hiding behind a keyboard--which is tantamount to calling me a coward. I then give you two logical reasons why you are wrong (1--we all type on F-chat so there is no other way to express my opinion and 2--I am physically bigger than LH). I tell you I have no interest in fighting him--it was you who suggested the conflict by calling me a coward. Then, you tell me you are "not interested" in it all.

I get it, you are the the guy in the movie Stripes, "I joined the Army so I would not get drafted." Then, after Sgt, Hulka tells him, "Son, there ain't no draft," he answers
    "There was one?"

You focus on my stateme that Lewis 'F-off,' but you completely IGNORE the reality of my comments--and you have done this twice, now.

Here is the reality, and please feel free to ignore it again.

Lewis, by claiming moral authority to have the title conferred on him was being arrogant, not confident. There is a difference. And it is entirely appropriate to criticize someone for arrogance and to criticize someone for claiming moral authority to be WDC. One earns the WDC, one does not have a claim to it. How about addressing that?

22. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

Didn't you know, the world owes Hamilton something.

Also, how about Nicco not wanting to come on to TV because he was listening to his i-Pod.

23. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I do not understand the red neck comment.

I don't think anyone reading Hamilton's words is confusing arrogance with confidence. Confidence is not words, it is action. His words in this interview smell of arrogance. I would like to think the possibility exists that he is just being honest, and that no one near him has told him he says too much and in the wrong context, he talks too often, and that he sounds like an idiot when he says he morally deserves the WDC.

I keep saying, I do not know the guy, so I don't know the real Lewis Hamilton. But then those of you that defend his actions and words probably do not know Hamilton personally either, so your defense is no different than the criticisms. We don't know the real Lewis Hamilton. He may or may not be the complete wanker his image is becoming on a daily basis.

But, there is no argument that anyone can provide that refutes the "morally deserves" comment as sounding anything but arrogant. Or just really stupid.

24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That maybe your reality, not mine.
    Addressing your point: That is your opinion, and whatever I say will not change your mind that is quite plain to see, I however look at the broader picture, If you look back in this thread I have made my point, There are endless threads on here that always turn into the same twisting, constant endless nit-picking over what this guy say's, and to be quite frank it's tiresome now.

Threads appear devoted to a word or sentence he may or may not have been reported to have said.

There is no smoke without fire, so I agree he talks big, I don't personally hold that against him, pinch of salt so to speak, as I said it's along way down.

So Why not take into account he is playing mind games, you cannot take away his skill so he back's it up with the chat, and IMO it's good to see it instead of the boring PR BS.

And it work's you only have to see how revved up folk get hating him on here, apparently he has had this from early in his career.

I have never met him, and I assume you haven't, so although you have your opinion on him, I wouldn't judge someone that has made a reported remark from one source, then read another that he feels :"That doesn't necessarily mean I'm sitting here saying 'we're going to win the world championship", I read between the lines, Of course if has said what the post in question reported then, yes it's BS.

I highlighted your remark at the end because it somewhat IMO felt it was a uncalled for reaction, to which end I don't believe you would say to his face, but I could most probably be quite wrong.

They do say, that verbal insults hurt more than physical pain. They are, IMO of course wrong.

but apart from that, it demeans your actual post/point.

Hope that clears it up

25. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

#50 DF1, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
    "But, there is no argument that anyone can provide that refutes the "morally deserves" comment as sounding anything but arrogant. Or just really stupid." Tifosiron

+1 That was why I posted the article. He needs mouth and PR help big time. Im sure he has lots of fans, but they have to admit when he is just plain ridiculous. This is one of them.