No-Drill Front License Plate Mounts Available | FerrariChat

No-Drill Front License Plate Mounts Available

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Carbonio, Aug 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #1 Carbonio, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    At long last we have released our line of No-Drill front license plate mounts that fit almost every Ferrari from 1948-Present. Running a front license plate is an ever growing irritant for Ferrari and exotic car owners especially in Ontario and we now offer a quick on / quick off solution that is totally non-invasive and makes no damage of any kind.

Gone are the days of drilling holes, using velcro, & double sided tape. Some advantages of the mount are:

- Fits all license plates worldwide making it a truly global solution
    - 5 second easy on and easy off makes it great for car shows, washing, or quick roadside police officer 'fixes' for those owners who want to take their chances with the law but want a possible out should they get nabbed.
    - High speed tested for stability. Our mounts firmly hold the plate but are cushioned to protect the mounting surfaces.

Full product information, online ordering, and videos available at:

Carbonio Performance - License Plate Mounts

Available directly from us or from Ferrari of Ontario that has embraced our mount designs for their customers.

Here are some sample pics:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

myronx19 likes this.
  2. Dsound

Dsound Rookie

May 6, 2012
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Fabian Frendo
    If I may add: they were able to customize a bracket for my 458. I have an extra Carbon front lip. Works great! Highly recommend! Very Happy! Will try to post a pic.

myronx19 likes this.
  3. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very nice

4. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Carbonio these are really slick!!

Hands down winner compared to all the alternative products out there.

5. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thanks for the compliments guys. It is always great to make something for the community that is both well received and solves a genuine problem. Lots of mounts in stock and contact me directly if you are in Toronto for special 'local' pricing.

6. slayerofsouls

slayerofsouls Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2014
    Somewhere
    #6 slayerofsouls, Sep 5, 2016
  7. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    No plans for a McLaren mount just yet but you are welcome to come by our offices if you are in Toronto and we can see if we can do something custom for you. PM me if interested.

8. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Picked mine up today for the 355. Fits great & now I can display my car with no front plate at car shows as it removes so quickly. Really makes the car look better.

Thanks Rob!!

myronx19 likes this.
  9. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    You are most welcome Mario and the mount definitely looks better than the way you had it on before. Luckily there were no holes to fix but now you can wash the front of your 355 so much easier and with better access. Enjoy.

10. ferrone

ferrone Karting

Aug 20, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Don
    Do you have anything for a 360CS?

11. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Do you have a mount for - 1986 412, 1987 Mondial, and 2002 Maserati Spyder? Thanks! Oliver

12. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Sorry Don nothing yet for the 360CS.

13. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Hi Oliver YES we do have a mount that will fit both your 412 and your Mondial. For the Maserati we do have something new coming that should fit it and you are welcome to contact us via PM to perhaps arrange a drive by our office in Toronto for us to confirm that our solution would fit your car.

14. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    PM sent, many thanks!

15. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    PM replied and we look forward to welcoming you as a customer.

16. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Today I picked up two mounts from Carbonio - one for the usual "horizontally slatted" Ferrari grille on my 3.2 Mondial, and one for the "diagonal mesh" grille on my Maserati Spyder. I still have the "original" PlateClips mounting on my 412 which is stainless steel and still very good.

The new Carbonio front licence plate brackets are very nice - more features than the original PlateClips design - such as adjustable arms (front to rear) so you can adjust the distance the plate actually protrudes beyond the front bodywork/bumper, as well as being able to mount it upside down if the plate position up and down looks better (to you) that way, and the retaining clips are finished in a nice rubberised material that fits over your grille strakes, so no damage or metal to metal rubbing on your original grille horizontal strakes.

Nice pieces, easy to mount and dismount, and recommended to you if you want a detachable front licence plate. Thanks Rob at Carbonio for coming up with these! Pictures to follow.

17. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    #17 ONSilver, Oct 12, 2016
  18. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    With driving season in full swing (between rainstorms of course) we are available to make your Ferrari legal with a no-drill front license plate mount. Feel free to contact us direct or if in Toronto stop in and we can put one on while you wait. Also available from Ferrari of Ontario who fits one of our mounts to every Ferrari they sell.

Carbonio Performance - License Plate Mounts

19. Bad Dogg

Bad Dogg Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Avon, CT
    Full Name:
    Howard
    Hi, I like the way you attached this to the 3.2, which is what I am looking to do. Did you attach it to the lower egg crate grille or the red part of the lower bumper?? Does it mark anywhere?

20. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    It clips easily to the egg crate grill. Just make sure you turn the clips vertically so it doesn't come loose!

Bad Dogg likes this.
  21. Bad Dogg

Bad Dogg Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2006
    Avon, CT
    Full Name:
    Howard
    Thanks very much! Will do the same for my 87 mondial. Looks much easier than the tow hook solution!

22. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Just a heads up....I am on my second Carbonio, one Ihad on my 458 Italia, and was wonderful. I now have one for my 812SF and is also perfect. Recently, I found the spring-loaded clips a bit looser than I liked so I called Rob at Carbonio and explained to him the small issue. He gladly offered me a new set of springs with foam pads to replace on my Carbonio. He was very very helpful and it arrived the next day! Amazing customer service! Thanks Rob!!

marioz likes this.