458 - No directionals... Circuit board blown? | FerrariChat

458 No directionals... Circuit board blown?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 1cerberus4u, May 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    I posed a week or so ago that my directionals on my 458 were not working and the dealer says $1600 us to fix. My gut says seems very high.... anyone else have this issue and can weigh in?

I thought someone with an F12 weighed in and said they had the same issue and his cost was in the 700 range but I can't find the thread for some reason...

Thanks!

2. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Your NVO board went bad. It is the PCB that sits in the lower portion of the center of the steering wheel. The board runs about $900 and then the labor to install. When mine went, the dealer charged me about $1500 to do it.

It really isn't that hard to change if you are mechanically inclined. Regardless, the price sounds about right.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    Hey 338, thanks so much for the info and advice.... I am mechanically inclined but do not have the Ferrari computer to reset it.... Is it needed?

Best

Andy

4. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Good question. If you have the steering wheel LED's then you need to get the board that has that activated. Otherwise, the dealer will need to get the proxy file from Ferrari to turn on the LED's. This is what happened to me. They installed the board and my LED's didn't work. After I talked to the mechanic, he said that the NVO board they received was for a non-LED steering wheel. Although it is the same board, the LED steering wheel requires the proxy file so the LED's are active. I hope I have recalled everything correctly for you.

5. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    Thanks for the heads up and I will be sure to connect with the service manager