nice video of Veyron in sicily | Page 2 | FerrariChat

nice video of Veyron in sicily

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by alan, Nov 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    The contrary works very well too. How can people say it's a piece of crap when journalists just had the chance to barely drive the very first production (or is it still pre-production?) cars?

Sounds like Bugatti pissed in your cereals, man...

2. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I've said it before, but the Veyron is not a competitor for the F1. Watch the Fifth Gear video of the Mclaren going around a track and it becomes blatantly obvious which one is better suited to a track environment or the street.

The Bugatti is a fantasic piece of engineering but we won't see it in a racing series anytime soon.. The pedigree isn't there and probably will never be. It's a street pimp GT of the highest order.

Enjoy it for that and let it go.. it's not going away regardless of how much I pray. ;)

3. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    Again, how is anyone coming up with "fantastic engineering"?

Just because something has 1000 hp doesn't mean it's fantastic. There's quite a few Supra's that have well over 1000hp, but I'm sure none of you would ever say they're "fantastically engineered" by their owners... Because they don't cost over a million dollars?

Bugatti never pissed in my cereal, I'm just incredulous that everyone has been so blinded by a number and a pricetag that they think it's the next messiah........

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    IMO it is unlikely that this Bug, unlike the McLaren, will be added to the list of cars that finished 1 OA at Le Mans and you can legally drive on the street.

5. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    i dont get it with your attitude ,let others enjoy what they like and dont harrase them for doing so, i dont mind if your favourie car is something else, so why get funny with some one whose favourite car is the veyron? whats the problem? yeah its not a mclaren f1, but then the f1 is no 250 gto etc etc.
    i say the more different supercars the better and yes if i had the means id own the veyron and the mclaren amongst others.

6. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    You don't get my attitude? Have you ever had a logical thought? Ask yourself what's so great about a car you know nothing about? That none of us know anything about, other than the super-hyped up image it has?

Who am I harassing again? I guess if a few questions on an internet chatroom is "harassment" then most of us should have restraining orders by your standards. I never said "You're a ***** for liking the Veyron", but I did ask "why do you think the Veyron is fantastically engineered..... seriously..?".

I'm not even trying it to compare it to other cars like you guys, because obviously I know nothing about it (just like everyone else) aside from a hyped-the-****-out number and pricetag.

Big.****ing.deal.

7. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I think you need to take a chill pill.

8. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    Just take it up in PM's if you're going to resort to personal attacks instead of valid arguments please.

9. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    im sorry i believe any personal attacks have come from you, if you read my comments there are no attacks.im stating i like a car, your stating aggressive negative comments thats the way ive read it.
    Anyhow why post you hate a car, whats the point of a post that states you hate a car when, its in a thread about how good a car is, its provocational and therefore you are looking for a response.if youre reply is articulate then fine but if its aggressive and immature then theres no point.By the way 'attitude' here in England is a word that means opinion, i think you've taken it to mean something else, which might explain why you think im attacking.

10. 95beema

95beema Rookie

Jul 8, 2005
    Why do you think it isn't? Weight is its only downfall as far as I'm concerned. http://www.autocar.co.uk/FirstDrive_Summary.asp?RT=217427 <good review. Go to bugatti's web site and have a look around. The car is well engineered to say the least

11. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    Here's a valid arguement for you. You don't know what the hell you're talking about. You're clearly not an engineer, and, if by some miracle you are, you clearly have no respect for your craft. If you don't think this is fantastic engineering, I don't know what is. This car took a lot of engineers, a lot of time to get working.

12. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    I suppose if you saw the Veyron on the same track, some conclusion might be blantanly obvious. But, you haven't, so your comment is all baseless opinion.

13. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    interestingly Gordon Murray of Mclaren f1 fame, wrote about his opionion of the veyron in topgear magazine this month, and he says its a great track car.Also a car he finds hard to criticise.
    I think if he says its good then the critics are just plain stupid, after all he did design the Mclaren F1 so he must know what hes talking about.

14. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    Do you have a link to that article? I remember reading an article by him about the Veyron a long while ago, and he was totally tearing it down. Of course, he hadn't driven it at the time. So who knows.

15. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
  16. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
  17. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Who cares about the 0-60 time. The thing does 0-187mph in about 14 or so seconds. That's insane. They said it can spot the Enzo to 120 and still out accelerate it to 200 mph.

18. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    The car barerly works. I think its ugly and Id rather spend my money on having a zonda made us legal but thats just me. The straight line performance may be good compared to other super and hyper cars but to other cars with the same amount of horse it sucks. 252 mph when are you ever gonna use that? This may be the ultimate redneck statement but hell id rather have a real car that I can run at the strip with. Guranteed a 1000hp another built street car such as a vette or a mustang would smoke the car till its top end kicks in.

19. 95beema

95beema Rookie

Jul 8, 2005
    You just don't get it. There is always something faster. This car would crush your Zonda. Maybe not look as good but crush it none the less. The car is amazing and you bring pure crap cars into the equation.

20. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    Some of you people are so dense, it's really quite unbelievable that you consider yourselves car enthusiasts. Truly sad.

21. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate

Because I dont like a 4000 lb and yacht I'm not a car enthusiasts? I have dislike for some cars as im sure you do also. I wouldnt say a Mustang and a Vette are "pure crap" there cars that you can actually have fun with and no pay hugh expenses for taking care of. Also the mustang on average only sits on a lot for 15 minutes, If the car was pure crap then why would it be one of the best moves for Ford in a while? Also its not about how much enginering a car has into it or how much it costs its how much fun you can have in it. I can beat the hell out of any american sports car and not loose much money.

22. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    No. You don't have to like it. Lord knows I don't like every car to role of the assembly line. But you know what? I don't call cars crap that I haven't driven. I don't discount engineering achievments because you could slap a turbo on some other car and get the same hp. I don't get caught up in stats and specs, and use them to condem or celebrate a car. A lot of people on these car forums, seem to do that.

The fact that this car even exists, amazes me. I can't imagine the engineering difficulities which had to be overcome, it is fantastic engineering, whether people want to believe that or not. Does that make it a great car? No. Does the fact that it's 4300 lbs, or that you could get similar power from a mustang/corvette etc. make it a POS? No.

I would love to make the decision for myself. Realistically, that won't happen. So , I can only read other peoples experiences with it, reserve my judgement of it, because it's worthless without experience, and give respect to something that obviously took a lot of people, a lot of time to bring to fruition.

The fact that "car enthusiast" could be so incredibly arrogant as to proclaim a car crap because they scanned the specs page, is unreal. You don't like it? fine. But don't waste peoples time with baseless judgements.

23. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I have enormous respect for any company, no matter how large or small (and given the parent's finances these days you know its not money they could afford to spend anyway) that goes to the extremes they did to build such a car. Whether it is the fastest, the best, the ugliest, or the most crass is almost beside the point. We are not arguing about this because we are seriously deciding whether to buy one, are we? Instead, its because in this day and age, anybody that goes to the trouble to design and build something this excessive, pointless and absolutely irrational from a cost/benefit standpoint has to be applauded. Now, the Corvette may be more performance for the money, but....

Oh, yeah, and those roads around Sicily look fabulous, don't they?

24. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I like the cars enginering I think its brilliant. But will it ever win Le Mans? No. I dont like the car because of its engine, looks, and over all cost. I think the specs on paper are amazing but its just the car doesnt impress me much. In my mind the last good Bugatti will be the EB110. end of story now back on to the veryon in sicily