nice video of Veyron in sicily | FerrariChat

nice video of Veyron in sicily

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by alan, Nov 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
  2. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    0-60 kph...... Not astonishlingly fast for a 1000hp supercar....

3. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    Quicktime Pro will let you save the file to your hard-drive.

4. scuderia15

scuderia15 Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    That was probably the guys first time launching the thing and he still hits 100kph in close to 3 seconds flat. Thats fast for any car.

5. F1 MONZA

F1 MONZA Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    John
    HEY FERRARI ENZO OWENERS BEWARE HERE COMES AUDI WITH A SUPERCAR NAMED VEYRON AND YES ...SAVING MY PENNNIES TO BUY ONE..
    FROM WHAT I HAVE READ THIS IS ONE FAST PRODUCTION CAR TOP SPEED 250 MPH ....ENZO SECOND PLACE...
    SEE YA AT THE FINISH LINE......

JOHN

6. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Thanks for the link, best video of that car that I have seen yet(cause I haven't seen any others before). I'd like a ride in one of those, if any Fchatter in So Cal gets one, can you please give me a ride, or you can let me behind the wheel if you want. I'm an excellent driver, excellent driver. Definitely, definitely!

7. SilverF20C

SilverF20C Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
  8. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
  9. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I may be wrong but that was 60 MPH not kph, watch the video and youll see he says 60 at about 2.5ish seconds after take off.Then come back and say youre not impressed!

10. AGNRDARNETW

AGNRDARNETW Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Earth
    Near the beginning fo the video, when it was still dark, were those all veyrons driving one behind the other?

11. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    yup

12. EnzymaticRacer

Feb 27, 2005

No, it was definitely KPH. Go back and listen to how fast it takes to go from 60 to 150... And also they get up to 210 in just those couple of seconds and way less then a 1/4 mile...

13. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    0-60 KPH in 2.5 seconds is terrible for that kind of car.

14. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I dont know what planet your on but the veyron goes from 0-60 MPH in 2.5 seconds. Thats what all the press have been saying. so why your insisting it is kph i cant figure but if that makes you happy, then great.

Taken from the times newspaper.

The Veyron can reach 62mph from a standstill in 2.5sec and 122mph in 7.3sec. When 0-60mph in 7sec is the mark of a quick car, this one is out of the world as we know it —

15. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    #15 Asian1118, Nov 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. SilverF20C

SilverF20C Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    No prob. I don't have quicktime pro but just tried that little trick to see if I could find the direct file's URL.

If you're in internet explorer, just go to "View" and then "Source". It's a bunch of code for the layout and design of the page and sometimes you'll have the whole URL. Once you post it, you can right click and save as.

17. tmntmail_ppn

tmntmail_ppn Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Indonesia
    nice trick. great one.

18. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Knob!

19. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    very amateur vid ... but whoever says it didn't look fast at the end must've been watching another vid!!! Damn it looked awfully fast!

However, this looks like the press presentation where 3 out of 5 cars failed after a couple days of testing by the journalists. No crashes, just cars that wouldn't run properly. Can you say ooopsie?

20. SELLER

SELLER Karting

Jul 18, 2005
    Chicago
    Good news about 'saving'... they just recently decided they will build the Veyron for 8 years, instead of the original planned 6.

21. EnzymaticRacer

Feb 27, 2005

I still don't know where this 2.5 seconds is coming from from watching the vid. I'm counting roughly 1 to 1.5 seconds between the time the car launches and the guy starts saying 60... thats definitely KPH in my book. But from that, I can still believe it does 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds without having any problems.

22. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    i hadnt heard that the cars had failed, im very keen on the veyron and have bought 8 publications that were present in cyprus at the event , one of them did say a pump had broken on one car, but was fixed. So can you tell me where you heard 3 of the cars failed, id be very interested.

23. Davato

Davato Guest

Jun 3, 2004
    FRANCE
    Full Name:
    Florent
    Hello,

The car is fabulous but it seems it is car is not working !

5 were sent to Sicilia for presentation to buyers and journalists, after less than 2 days of testing only one of them was still working.

A journalist was blamed because he pushed the car from 100 km/h to 250 km/h ... " the car is not made for that" one of the Bugatti guys said !

Hope the first delivered car will cause less problems to owners.

Anyway what a fantastic machine is it !

Best,

Florent

24. Ershank

Ershank Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Jason Z
    People think it's "ohhhh so great" because of the magic number 1000, and the fact that it costs so much. Get over it.

It looks fugly, has been in development for so many years because it has reliability issues, it still has those issues, and they've never posted lap times probably because it handles for ****.

How can people get so worked up over this, and then cite "fantastic engineering" when they've proved nothing, with only negative press?

25. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    Personally, I love the look of the car. And it sounds incredible. Especially at the beginning when all of them are driving by. :) I can't wait to see one in real life, if and when I get the chance.