NFS shift 2 ? | FerrariChat

NFS shift 2 ?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by amenasce, Feb 4, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Yeah I too didn't get the 1st one but am interested in this :eek:

3. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    soooooo, apparently this is out... :eek:

Anyone got it yet?

4. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    a good game, visual is stunning(playing on pc) and cars selection are alright

perhaps playing with xbox controller is bad, some kind of damping/spring/rubber effect makes the steering feel slow and heavy so for this im struggling badly to even steer the car straight

just played it for awhile, will play more to see how it goes

5. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    I'll probably look into getting it for PS3 so I can use the G27 with it. I really wish there was a demo I could check out.

6. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Got it several days ago,but haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

7. atomstrange

atomstrange Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2005
    Lenexa KS
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Played it on the pc today. Very hard to control the steering. Pretty strictly a track oriented driving experience and the rocks on the side of the track are very annoying. Its a very technical game it seems. Not my cup of tea.

8. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I've been playing it for a few days, here are my thoughts. The game itself looks fantastic, driving at night looks awesome. Control wise, the cars take a bit of getting used to, even to just go straight. There are marbles at the side of the track, which can cause you to go off, very annoying. Also I noticed that the helmet cam view can throw you off because the driver always looks at the apex of the corner which is fine if you are doing that also. If you don't, it throws off your corner entry point, again causing you to run wide. All in all, a fun game but don't expect a GT5 type sim, NFS 2 simply isn't to that level. It's somewhere between a sim and an arcade game..

9. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Agree, graphic is the only thing i can praise for this game sadly after few hours of playing

Alot of bug and problems with the game, most worst problem is input lag and seemingly horrid steering rotation which really much spoil the game. AI is not bad at least they try to fight it out still sometimes they are annoying punting me out because im on the racing line

No idea if i can finish the game or not, too many issue with the game for now. Hope they can fix up the handling issue soon.

10. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    The old game was like this too, it feels like you're driving a big sponge, understeer at corner entry, oversteer in the middle and understeer back out. The cars always seem to be changing balance mid corner. I finished the last one after a bunch of tries on the last race and I'm sure I can finish this one too. Also the AI is very irritating. The slightest bump punts you totally off track.

11. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I bought this the other day for the PC and just finished giving it a whirl.

The Good:

Control and physics are vastly superior to Shift. Playing with an Xbox 360 controller is no longer a purely binary affair as it was in the previous version. The stick moves the wheels in a smooth manner instead of seemingly 15 degree increments. 1 degree of stick returns 1 degree of wheel turn...this is good. Physics also are greatly improved in that the cars feel more or less as a real simulated car should feel instead of the skiing on a fat layer of fresh snow feel that Shift had...long gone are the days of me turning aero down to the lowest setting and skiing from one corner to the next. I still have to start steering before the corner arrives, but that's ok now that the control and physics are mostly there.

Driver AI is massively improved. Gone are the days of AI drivers acting like complete muppets.

The Bad:

Graphics on the PC stink. This is a cross-platform product and it's made to the lowest common denominator which are console users. A note to all you console users: quit dragging your knuckles on the ground and buy a PC and join the 21st century for Christ's sake. Everything else on this planet is moving forward except for Republicans, Democrats, console users and Scientologists. My frikken WATCH can run this game at max settings at 1080p; to my PC, this thing is less intensive than a screensaver tha6 features burning logs in a fireplace or fish in a virtual frikken fish tank. Beyond all that, why in FU*& do we still get LENS FLARES in a video game? They were cool way back in 1972; now they just suck suck suck suck.

Sound. The sound in this game is all kinds of cringeworthy. There's the engine sound that we all know and recognize, and then there's everything else. Clunks...from what? The pile of dead hooker skulls in the trunk? Clunks from running over a couple of Mormons selling raffle tickets on the side of the road? Aside from the engine noise, all the other sounds in this game have no purpose. A downshift gives a clunk that sounds like a basketball bouncing off the roof of a car.

The UI. Game devs TAKE GAWTDAMNT NOTE: ESC key should KILL all cutscenes and douchy videos of fat chimp in a racing outfit. When I hit ESC, I should be mere seconds from PLAYING THE GAME instead of WATCHING SOME STUPID video that I can't ESC out of.

Overall: 6 of 10. Not bad, not great. It's a McDonald's hamburger; nothing more and nothing less.

12. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Actually it's the PC that has gone backwards. It was the king system in the 90's but lost the plot in the 00's.

Consoles are made to work on a TV which only needs 1080p.
    PC's need $10billion worth of hardware then everyone pirates the games cause they can't afford to buy them after spending their life savings on the latest ****.

There is a potential 100million+ PC Gamers yet the sales don't reflect this. Go preach that **** to the PC Gamers who are dragging their knuckles if you want dedicated PC games get the gamers who only play PC to buy more games.

13. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I know I'm reviving an old thread but I started playing this game again. I looked it up and some of that weird steering in the game can be tuned out by adjusting the steering controls to around 85 percent. Also the GT3 and GT1 cars handle waaaay better than any of the street cars. It's actually pretty entertaining. Cool old circuits like Zolder and Dijon.

14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Did you play NFS The Run or Hot Pursuit? Hot Pursuit was the most enjoyable recent NFS. I finished The Run in 4 days, it was not as good as Hot Pursuit. Limited car choice selection, over the entire coast to coast run I drove an M3, V8V, and R8.

15. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I havent played The Run but I hear it's a really short game. Once you finish it, there's pretty much nothing left to do and it's an easy game to finish. I can't see paying 50 bucks for a game i'll be done with in 3 or 4 days. I've played some of the other NFS games and they are pretty cool.