NFL 2019 | Page 164 | FerrariChat

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    It happens for sure. I can only speak as a Packers fan, but it took 45-50 years of going to games to get to that point. We have clothing for cold weather, you know! :)

2. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #4077 Whisky, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    I don't think it is the game itself, it's the surroundings, the party-like atmosphere.
    You cannot compare fans in the stands at NFL games to those sitting in the stands
    at the US Open or Wimbledon, or those at The Masters or Pebble Beach.
    I know a lot of people that go to games, I sometimes ask them questions on certain plays that
    happened during the game, 9/10 say they never saw the play...
    It's not 'the game', it's 'the experience' of 'being there'.

Take Nebraska football games, even though they suck, people still fill the place,
    some make it a point of telling you they 'went to the game', it is some kind of
    status symbol to say you were there.
    At one time, tickets were impossible to get, today, not so much, they are cheaper,
    but they still sell out.

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    So, I've heard!

In high school, friends and I bought tickets to see the Jets at Shea Stadium. Played the Cowboys, I think! It was cold, rainy, windy. The weather stunk, the Jets stunk, getting there on the subway was a hassle. We only had enough dough to afford nosebleed seats. And the wind really whipped around up there coming off Jamaica Bay. The stadium was pretty empty and even at that, ushers wouldn't less us move closer. I suspect they were as miserable as we were and took it out on us! Then and there, I decided that watching NFL on TV was the way to go. Oh yeah, & that when I grew up, I was going to live where he was warm!

T

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hope DW stays like that his entire career.
    T
    Rolling in a Bentayga?

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    True, but that's one of the biggest complaints I have about actually being there. No one is seemingly watching the game! That's why I post on F-chat. People are watching the game, and have interesting opinions and takes, although I don't agree with all of them.

T

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    He is just chilled. He doesn't get up and he doesn't get down, he's just happy.

This city loves him and is even more reason why people's hate for BoB is at an all time high now he has the title of what we always knew. There's literally a ball of fire around him on the sidelines this coming season. Get ready for some great audio this year. Bill, sorry, William now is going to get GM questions as well. I can't wait!. lol

tomc likes this.
  8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Deshaun Watson = class act

TexasF355F1 and tomc like this.