NFL 2019 | Page 156 | FerrariChat

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Saw that. Maybe the lesson is - don't waste the opportunity, you never know if and when you'll ever get back to the Big Game. I'm sure Richard Sherman is super motivated to win this game...T

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Richard Sherman still has the taste of that Superbowl loss in his mouth. Word is he took that loss the hardest of a his teammates, and will never over that until he wins another one.

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
  4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I know how you feel Keith. Cheer up, the Pats will be back in it next year! :D

Steelton Keith likes this.
  5. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    wanna bet??
    (LOL)

Nospinzone and tomc like this.
  6. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol. Or teach them how NOT to clock manage when down by 2 scores with under 5 minutes to go in the game.

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I have read that as well. You said it much better than I did...T

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Ouch! You mess up just once in front of a billion TV viewers & people can't let it go!

T

Nospinzone likes this.
  9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Don't even start! :D

10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I kept thinking why the hell are they just taking their time.

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Has anyone read anything on how much Kwon Alexander is expected to play?
    T

12. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    If the Pats get back to the SB next year - or the AFC Championship game, or honestly, the playoffs,
    will depend on who they can keep from this team (salary cap - and I don't mean Brady), and who
    they can get that is an immediate help at WR - AND can stay healthy.
    I pray they DON'T go after AJ Green, but that is the type of guy they need, a big-bodied fast guy
    that can catch. They have not had that since Randy Moss.
    Someone like AJ, Julio, Calvin, the two new guys in Tenn, but in reality, I don't think it will matter...
    (They don't need a head case like the guy in Dallas, or anyone injury-prone like AJ or Keenan...
    And they don't need a speed guy - that won't work with Brady)

They had a losing record the last half of the season, I don't discount Buffalo, or even the Jets...

13. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    'Linebacker Kwon Alexander (pectoral) and safety Jaquiski Tartt (ribs) were the other names on the team-issued injury and practice participation report. You shouldn't worry about them, either, though.
    "They're going to be good to go," head coach Kyle Shanahan said of the trio on Thursday.
    It looks like the 49ers will have everyone available as they seek the franchise's sixth Vince Lombardi Trophy and first in 25 years.'

From all the stuff I just read, I sense that these guys are still hurt, will not be near 100%,
    but SF is throwing a smokescreen - just like any team would for this game.
    I would ALMOST bet we will see these guys having surgery in the off-season...

tomc likes this.
  14. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    All good Tom, my good man, I speak for all die hard NFL fans ;)

tomc likes this.
  15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Full participant. I'm fact both teams are fully healthy, not a single player from each team is on the injury report. That two week break was wonderful to both teams.

tomc likes this.
  16. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This news is 1 day old. Read today's report. Both teams have zero players listed on the injury report.

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    They won't go after Green, they have N'Keal Harry. Unfortunately he was injured much of the year. They definitely need a speed guy because we have none (Dorsett is so-so). However, the biggest receiving need is at TE. That position was a disaster this year. They will also have a big hole in the OL if they can't sign Thuney.

Far more than Buffalo or the Jets, the Dolphins will big their biggest threat for years to come.

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I agree on Miami emerging in the AFC more likely than Jets. The Jets seem to be a perpetual cluster flop. I think Buffalo is in a good spot if Allen can improve in the pocket. Like all running QBs, you figure eventually he is going to get hurt. Although he is Cam Newton-ish in size, so maybe that happens later rather than sooner? At any rate, he's still a cap space bargain, so they have a window of opportunity...T

Nospinzone likes this.
  19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They won't go after Green because he's never healthy. Green is not even close to a Belichick guy, Belichick goes after players that are reliable.

I am hoping any of San Francisco's foes goes after Green, because that would be a detriment.

Nospinzone likes this.
  20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Poor Green. He's gone from solidvWR1 to delicate porcelain in just a few years. I think a team trying to catch lightening in a bottle overpays for him. He's gonna either help a team win a Super Bowl or get a HC/GM fired, no middle ground...T

Whisky likes this.
  21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Harry looked promising in the short amount of time they had him. What I didn't understand, is why they didn't lean on Sony Michel more as the passing game faltered. I agree, though, the Gronk retirement and the TE puzzle seemed like a conundrum that even Belli and TB12 couldn't solve...T

22. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Okay, so I listened to this stuff multiple times today. They played it at least once an hour if not more. But O'Brien is in for a rude awakening from the fans.

If interested Mike:
    https://sportsradio610.radio.com/media/audio-channel/itl-with-landry-locker-and-john-lopez-1-31-20-hour-3

23. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Changing my first name to N'Keith.

24. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Steelt'N Keith?

Steelton Keith likes this.
  25. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Agreed. Someone WILL overpay him with a guaranteed contract.
    And then he will miss 6 games.

Here is my observation:
    Jackson, Allen, Rothliesberger, Mayfield, Mahomes, Carr, Watson, Tannehill, Brissett, Prescott, Wentz, Haskins, Rodgers, Stafford, Cousins, Brees, Newton, Winston, Goff, Wilson, Murray.... what do they all have in common?

They are all 'mobile', which means they can move a bit to extend the play, to allow the Receivers to get open, that extra 1 or 2 seconds.
    This is something GOAT can no longer do. And that's one reason the receiving corps is deemed 'so bad'.