NFL 2014 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

NFL 2014

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 4re Nut, Feb 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The local guys were making a bit of a stink about Manziel being in LA last weekend. I was on the verge of calling in and going off. I just don't understand it because he's not really doing anything different than any other (high caliber) player. And I'm sure he's making paid appearances.

Apparently former Texan Ben Tate is (sort of) sticking up for Manziel.

2. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yes, Romo and Cutler need to take the money and run. Neither are going to win a Super Bowl anytime soon and probably never as a starter.

I'm on the fence about Kap's contract. That's a ton of money for someone who has a lot of success early on, but has yet to win the big one. Flacco got an absurd paycheck. Sure, the team went into a downward spiral (much to my happiness!), but at least he can say he has a ring.

I desperately want the 49ers to win a Super Bowl or two but the next few years are going to be a slug fest in the NFC West and I just hope Kap can pull it off.

5. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Completely agree. Neither are winners. They cannot win when it counts most. Cutler had a chance a few years ago vs GB in the NFCCG but got injured (not his fault) and again last season vs GB but came up short. Cutler could have made a name for himself, and taken that next step, but he could not....and likely never will.

We all know Romo's story, no point in beating a dead horse :)

I also agree. This is the type of money that Superbowl winning QB's get. Kaep hasn't won one yet. But as I mentioned, when Schaub is getting $15 million, and Romo and Cutler are getting $17-$19 million, then Kaep is worth exactly what the 49ers gave him yesterday.

He has more playoff wins then Schaub, Cutler, and Romo combined. He is 3-1 on the road, 4-2 overall, and came up inches short of a Superbowl and inches short of a second consecutive Superbowl appearance. In Seattle (playoffs only), he did better than Drew Brees, and much better than Peyton Manning (in the Superbowl)....all of this in only 1.5 years of starting.

Sure, he doesn't have Peyton Manning/Drew Brees passing statistics, but he wins tough games (remember his first year he won on the road in New Orleans and on the road in New England) and last year's playoffs he won tough games in GB and Carolina, and very close in Seattle...and as Kurt Warner said "this kid rises to the occasion in big games".

Bottom line is that Kaep needs to win a Superbowl, and it has to be soon...even if he doesn't, he still goes down in my books as a winner

YES SIR!! I don't think anyone loves the 49ers as much as I do, and I still am not over that SB loss to Baltimore. Then to top it off, they came up just short against Seattle last year...those two losses hurt, and will sting for a while, but if they can win one soon then I will miraculously be healed :)

6. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    #81 Flash G, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    At least 'Johnny Football' seems to be enjoying his off season. ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Once again, someone that has NO clue about either football or the Cowboys. NONE.

Worlds worst defense and they finish 8-8 because of and only because of ROMO! remember he pulled a victory out of the jaws of defeat in Washington last year with basically a broken back. Orton threw the last game away. Please learn something about the man before making such an asinine assumption.

BTW who has the best stats the last two years? kaper-dick or Romo? They have the same number of Super Bowl wins!

8. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LMAO!! Not you again :)

Well, at least you made the right statement here (FINALLY);):D

Here is some good reading, try not to let the facts hit straight between the eyes, it usually hurts when it does :D:D

https://www.google.ca/search?q=list+of+10+tony+romo+chokes&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Z9mUU5_sD8bD8QGtroHoCw&ved=0CFsQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=774#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=aQZVZ3WXpN_sKM%253A%3BR2oLZJfbDZHXRM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.unambitiousus.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F12%252Ftony-romo-choking-in-big-games-since-2003.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.unambitiousus.com%252Fsports%252Fnfl-week-14-review-week-15-preview%252F%3B560%3B420

https://www.google.ca/search?q=list+of+10+tony+romo+chokes&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Z9mUU5_sD8bD8QGtroHoCw&ved=0CFsQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=774#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=8c_1wwwQ71PmTM%253A%3B6XxGjSnxDoGJgM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.balettie.com%252Ftexas%252FRomo_choke.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.fwweekly.com%252F2011%252F09%252F13%252Ffans-say-no-mo-tony-romo%252F%3B400%3B320

any my personal favourite....

https://www.google.ca/search?q=list+of+10+tony+romo+chokes&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Z9mUU5_sD8bD8QGtroHoCw&ved=0CFsQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=774#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=Tl-qfLOPXg8IoM%253A%3BvZXnH80NAxOVlM%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Flh3.googleusercontent.com%252F-rVg_pEZMKDw%252FUlLbaEmEp1I%252FAAAAAAAACsc%252F4IHBZ33xxvY%252Fw500%252Fromo%25252Bchoking.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.googleplussuomi.com%252Ftimelinetest.php%253Fgoogleid%253D103546652449091707874%3B500%3B888

9. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sorry I won't trade wits with a fool. Remember the 49ers have exactly the same amount of SB wins as the Cowboys over the last 20 years (oh wait! No they don't!).

Kaper dick ain't gonna be your messiah. Book it bud.

So, I guess with footballs worst defense it's all Romos fault right? How long you been watching football - 3 months?

10. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yes, congratulations. With Romo the Cowboys went 8-8 and missed the playoffs.

It may not be all Romo's fault, but he's certainly not the Cowboys messiah. He needs three more playoff wins to tie Mark Sanchez.

He puts up good numbers in the regular season but is always going to be known as a guy who chokes later in the year. Romo is on track to be the next Danny White: solid winner (to quote Tom Landry), but not a Super Bowl champion.

Like I said earlier, Romo needs to take the money and RUN. He got a hell of a deal considering his record.

11. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Haters gonna hate, Flash.:D

12. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave

Ouch, that one has to sting.

13. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Not particularly, I watch the 'Boys, you guys get all your "information" from Sportcenter.

When you have 45 years of watching football under your belts get back with me. Tony Romo = Don Meredith, simple as that. (Look him up). The real problem is Jason Garrett is no Tom Landry...

14. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    What about all the other die hard cowboy fanboys that have the opposite opinion of Romo? Do they just get their info from Sportscenter too?

Romo isn't a terrible qb and there are worse qb's a team can have, but he's nothing more than average.

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Romo had Parcells, and still choked.

You are quite the Romo apologist, that says a lot about your 45 years....

Romo is not a winner, you are in complete denial if you think otherwise.

16. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Simple. They aren't "die hard" fans, they are the usual Cowboy band wagoners that don't pay attention to anything other than the talking heads. I suppose Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach (both of which have come out and said he is as good as or better than they were - look it up- are not as knowledgable as Ace and the other genius' here.

17. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    So, you think your smarter than these guys?

18. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    That's fantastic that one and two years ago (when the articles were written respectively), two former greats were defending him to ease the critics. He still hasn't won any playoff games and is now 34 with a surgically repaired back on an apparently crappy team.

So he's an Archie Manning? Great player, but bad team?

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  20. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Because the talking heads spouting that crap have never played the position in their lives and therefore are just playing to the fools who believe them. It's called ratings, and they need them. Since when does Chris Bermans opinion matter over Staubach or Aikmans???

21. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Precisely..

22. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    The real problem is that Jerry Jones keeps acting like a moron with all of his media interviews.

Also, I know their defense is terrible, but Romo has put them in some bad situations many times. Sure, the Broncos won last season because the Cowboys defense couldn't stop them, but Tony Romo made a terrible decision on the play he threw the int on (if memory serves me correct, he had a RB/TE wide open in the flat and instead tried to force a pass further down the field, which was picked off).

23. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    REALLY?
    You have to resort to name-calling to try and get a point across?
    Epic fail.

45 years, big deal, I know ladies that have been watching football for 5 years
    that know a helluva lot more about football than guys I know that have been
    watching it for 40 years.

And the fact that Aikman and Staubach give Romo their stamp of approval:
    Think about it: those two have heavy ties to the organization, one has
    huge ties to the city of Dallas - do you REALLY think THEY are going to say
    anything bad about Romo?

It's like what a sports reporter will say on-camera vs. off-camera, BIG DIFFERENCE.