Next Season's WDC | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Next Season's WDC

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ferraridude615, Oct 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    +1

If everything is not 100% he's all over the place. space + time.

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yawn

3. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    Give that YES/NO binary thinking / british dimension a rest - it's overused + tired.

LH is not getting the DC. This is just chance teaching McL a thing or two about cheating,
    in a way that they will understand.

4. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    Tea time. ;)

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    It's a little early to predict the 2008 WDC since the 2007 WDC is still not settled...McLaren may win its appeal regarding BMW's fuel temp which will result in Hamilton being the 2007 WDC...

6. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    #56 bigodino, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's a graphic of the 2007 season.
    The orange line is Hamilton, the black line is Alonso, the red one is Kimi and the blue one Massa.
    It shows that Kimi didn't "dominate" Massa. I went wrong for Massa in Italy and from there on the situation was clear that Kimi had the better chance but Massa wasn't out of the race for the WDC even then.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Not true. The penalty - if any - can be a number of things. It could be a fine (like Hamilton, Button and Sato). Or only WCC points taken away (numerous examples). Maybe adding a few seconds to the times (like Liuzzi in Japan). Driver points docked but not given to Hamilton (yes, that's possible, look it up).

8. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe

Annnd that's taking into the consideration the points Massa poured into Kimi's coffer.
    Without Massa Kimi had no chance.

9. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Oh sorry did i ask you something,

Are you aware that light bends around your head.

I like your approach, now let's see the departure.

10. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I disagree with you about Kimi. Nothing against Massa (he's definitely very good), I just feel Kimi is the best out there right now, and Hamilton showing lots of promise for the future.

How about a friendly bet? Kimi vs. Massa in 2008. Not for the championship, just more total points at end of season. If you would prefer a different measurement I'm open to hearing it. Loser buys the winner a 1-year Rossa Subscription. You in?

11. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.

you and i agree on something, this could be a first - LOL :D

12. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good luck on that one. I'm still trying to find somebody betting against me regarding Massa vs Kimi. The Massa supporters are all full of praise but of little faith in their man for 08.

13. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    1-10k on Massa.

14. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    Sure thing.

15. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'll start looking for a good avatar from now ;)

16. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe

In/jest some more tea until your personal brain jump starts.
    Going from YES/NO binaries to copy/pasting others pop-tart jokes
    is a shortcut to thinking.

17. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Heres one: suits you sir!!There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Goodnight :) dont bother

18. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Very clever.

Now please you two, cool it. Or send each other PMs or better yet put each other on the ignore list. Thanks.

19. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Will do.

20. Lindsay_Ross

Lindsay_Ross Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Lindsay Ross
    You know why Massa is not at the level of his peers? Because he has proven to be as fast, if not faster, but still leaves himself to be passed like a rookie time and time again. He'll get set up and embarassed by FA, and then turn fast lap of the race right after. Hey Massa, nice race craft, jackass. What the hell?

As for everyone who said Massa gifted KR more than once... I'll give you the China incident, but not Brasil. As much as you'd like to speculate, Massa wasn't giving **** up. Yeah, the team made a decision for when Kimi could get past Massa, and gave him a spot to do it. But if Kimi didn't put the hammer down and turn 2 fast laps (of the race mind you) on some blown apart tyres (anyone notice how worn they were) he would have lost the race and the championship. Massa NEVER let off, NEVER willingly let Kimi by (he even said he wouldn't).

So for you that say Massa gave it to Kimi, I call BS. Scuderia Ferrari gave an opportunity to Kimi, their number 1 driver, but he had to TAKE it for himself. I like that.

Kimi has a good head on his shoulders, and learned a lot this year. He will continue into '08, and I look forward to Kimi vs. Alonso battles. Pompous Hamilton **** can go to hell, for all I care.

21. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    Bon chance! :)

22. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice..

23. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    You can think whatever you like. As does Kimi -
    He certainly took it upon himself to acknowledge Massa's sacrifice.

24. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but Massa was brought into the pits while as far as calculations go, he still had fuel on board. He could have pounded out a few more good laps that would have {maybe or most likely} kept Riks behind him but the team needed one of its drivers to win the WDC. Massa was pulled out of the way by the big red machine.

Look at all the Middle pack drivers, they pit at the exact same time nose to tail and leave within one inch of the smae distance of which they entered pit lane. How can Kimi or Mass increase or decrease a gap that much over a lap or two? He went from a second and a half behind to a second ahead and some how Massa's fuel load didn't last as long as Riks, that's the oddest thing? Where did the fuel go? It was still in the tank when he was called into pit. FOM had the predictions for when they were coming in and Massa stopped early. FOM stats pinpointed all cars except the ones in collisions or the ones that had failures EXCEPT Massa. Massa pitted with fuel in his tank, not getting the "blistering laps" at the tail end of a fuel run that everyone gets. He pitted and that allowed Kimi to go by.

Do you honestly think that Ferrari would allow Massa to keep Rik behind him? The would have thrown him off a roof along with his family and the pet dog!

No F'in way. It's F1, there are no conspiracy stories because everything imaginable is played out right in front of us every day.

25. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Oh, c'mon. At our watching party we had a pool going as to how Ferrari was going to engineer that pass. There was never any doubt from the first corner that Massa would give Kimi the win, the only question was when and how