Next project idea's | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Next project idea's

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by texasmr2, Sep 27, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Follow the other sheep or be a pioneer?

1. Maximum of 500rwhp?

2. Shoot for the stars and 1000rwhp?

3. Why would anyone want that much hp?

4. Go for it simply because you can!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #76 texasmr2, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    After many deliberations upon what turbo I will go with I have settled once again on a T3/T4E 60-1 compressor and a stage III turbine wheel (same one I had bought for my MR2T) but this one has a v-band exhaust housing. The turbo can support 500hp so I will have room to play with and with the T3 turbine and housing response whould be great for the street.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #77 texasmr2, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    Recieved news this morning concerning the LINK G4 ems from a LINK rep via the LINK forum. The G4 PnP is only OBDI compatible and not OBDII!!! Why did my "Mr.Know-it-all" tuner suggest this ems to me? He should have know the ems was only OBDI as one of the US distributors, right??

3. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Now turning to the engine. I was considering piecing together and building my own engine but I am reconsidering this mainly due to cost/time and not having the proper tools to build the engine myself although that would be a great learning experience for me. The cost of shipping for all the parts already included in the following engine aswell as the cost 'in time spent building' would greatly exceed the cost of just buying said 'built engine' so I have decided that I will just buy this engine: http://trackspeedengineering.com/product_info.php/products_id/96

Now I just need a job to pay for all this stuff but I do accept donations!!!! We can call it "Greggs Miata fund so he will STFU and get back to Ferrari's"!! LOL

4. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    FINALLY getting my shocks and springs swapped out tomorrow, jeez it sucks not having the proper tools or this would have already been done. I cannot wait to feel the difference in handling and ride quality.

5. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #80 texasmr2, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    Once again I ran into hurdles beyond my control after getting everything I need for the swap and attempting it myself only to be denied because the nuts/bolts are just to damn tight. Apparently they have never been removed (soaked them with WD40)and I did not want to tempt fate and have the car fall, safety first and foremost.

I did make a decision in the name of progress since I should be working again by next week and decided upon a new paint color. Currently the car is Mazda's 'Twilight Blue Mica' and as we know like colors blend so I decide upon Ferrari's 'Blu Tour De France: #522 in PRIME'. Yes I will be doing an inexpensive paint job but it will be an approvement over what I have now which is almost 14yr's old.

Also looking into upgrading my wheel/tire combo but I need to go to the shop and get the fitment/size issue worked out so I have no rub.

6. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Well next weekend I will hopefully get my rear shocks, r/r bearing and all four springs changed. A week or so back coming home from school I hit a pothole that totally blewout my r/r shock. Thankfully Grady is a very generous and patient friend by allowing me to use his shop and tools (well him more than me as I just stay out of the way until I hear my name called).

I am not going to know how to act with a proper suspension but I do know my apex entry and exit will be alot better.