Newbie from Sweden | FerrariChat

Newbie from Sweden

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by matfo, Nov 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matfo

matfo Rookie

Aug 1, 2013
    Sweden
    Hello!

I bought my first Ferrari some weeks ago and it's a -92 Mondial T Coupé with sunroof. It's completely original with 16" rims, tool bag with tools and tire puncture can.

I live in Stockholm, Sweden so now it's stored in the garage for the winter but I will leave it to a mechanic for service, cambelts and a new clutch so it's ready for the roads in the spring.

I have loved italian cars as long as I can remember and have previously had a number of Alfas and a couple of Fiat.

Beside the Mondial I currently have an Abarth 500 Assetto Corse that I race in Club Alfa Romeo Challenge (a national race series open for all italian car brands).

Looking forward to learn more and to explore the joy of owning and driving a Ferrari and have already found some really useful information in this forum.

Br Mats

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Drewbdo and Bertil like this.
  2. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Welcome !

matfo likes this.
  3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Welcome! I spent a lot of time in Stockholm. Even sublet a flat at 55 Katarina Bangata.

Sounds like you are a true Italian car enthusiast! Congrats and enjoy the car.

matfo likes this.
  4. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    I love black on 80s and early 90s Ferraris, such as the Mondial. Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the forum!

I was in Sweden last year for a wedding and was pleasantly surprised on how many Ferraris I saw. Also surprised by the number of American muscle cars and learning about the "Raggare" culture. It's a great country!

F456M and matfo like this.
  5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I believe Sweden has more American cars than the rest of Europe! I drive a 550 in Sweden :) It is probably the country in europe which makes buying and owning a sportscar a "cheap" experience.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

matfo and G. Pepper like this.
  6. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Cool car! Welcome.

matfo likes this.
  7. matfo

matfo Rookie

Aug 1, 2013
    Sweden
    Finally got to mount the 18” 355 Challenge rims. The front tyres is 225/45 and rear is 255/40. I just took a short test drive and it seems to work fine although it’s really tight on the inside in the front. Could maybe add a thin spacer there to get a little more clearance. Rear seems fine but there is already a 15 mm spacer added there.

Next I will need to find suitable centre caps for a resonable price. I would like them to have black instead of yellow bakgrund color but haven’t found any yet in the right size. Any suggestions of where I can find caps is appreciated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Skickat från min iPhone med FerrariChat

uber2 and G. Pepper like this.
  8. Monopole

Monopole Rookie

Nov 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    Romaric Chavy
    Hur ma du?

congrats! Beautiful car

matfo likes this.
  9. matfo