Newbie From Dorset | FerrariChat

Newbie From Dorset

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Toddy2, Feb 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Toddy2

Toddy2 Rookie

Feb 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Graeme Todd
    Hi All,
    Just starting out to learn more about Ferrari's, having missed the boat a few years ago on 308GTB's before they skyrocketed in value. Considering a 355 or 360, keen to learn more with a view to buy within the next 12 months. Whether coupe or spider not sure, but definitely manual!

Currently own a couple of 911's (996 4S and a 1968 911T - still keeping these though).

Thanks for all the information, I'll update should a Ferrari appear on the driveway.

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Welcome to Fchat and good luck with your search. I am afraid I know little about 355 or 360, so cannot offer advice, but you may find the following helpful, if youu have not tried them already:

https://www.emblemsportscars.com/

https://www.forza288.com/

Both not a million miles from you. I have no first hand experience of either, but have heard good reports of both.

3. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Welcome. I have owned an F355 and now own a 360. A great place to start is http://www.walkersport.co.uk/
    Tim Walker is also a very helpful chap.

4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Welcome.

Great suggestions above.

Also worth joining the owners club and getting out to some meets. Everybody is friendly and more than happy to chat. Also John’s meeting 2nd Sunday of the month at Haynes (hopefully we are doing again this year?)

Think you will find a bit of difference in 355 and 360 prices at the moment. With 308s in that mix still. There are a few manuals about at the moment; spring bring worst time to buy for obvious reasons!

Good luck and keep us posted.

5. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    I've got an 88 mondial cabriolet in red with cream leather that I've owned for 5 years that would be a greater starter ferrari

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, I guess we ought to get this going again. Maybe April would be the best month to start?

7. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Would be good! Might be worth seeing what the weather is like in March?

Was a good call to set this up especially for the "FOC" ish lot in the west country so I'm sure whenever it starts up again there will be a good turn out!

8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    I suppose March might be a runner. I have already had my 550 out a few times, and had intended to take the Dino to an event in January, but was thwarted by a puncture, so went in the E-type, but some people are a little bit precious about using their Ferraris in less than perfect weather!.

I'll drop a line to the museum out of courtesy and then do some posting.

9. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Yeah, seems some owners take great pride in how few miles they do in their cars. I get that for the very very special cars but for the rest of us...your a long time dead so put the miles on it!!!