348 - New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major | Page 4 | FerrariChat

348 New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major

Discussion in '348/355' started by dahveedem, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That's great, in that case do your self a favor and check the passenger steering rack bushing.

It's also not forgiving like a Subaru motor, so best of luck fingers crossed. Either way enjoy the ride, just great cars.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

TiminAustin likes this.
  2. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

Poor cameraman would need a camera on him LOL

Just did a segment where I was sidekick to a drunken american indian cop and a redneck from Arkansas. Talk about dirty language and 3 opposites

hmmmmmmmm maybe we should do a stooge video or 2. use the money to buy broken parts to put on a car

3. TiminAustin

TiminAustin Rookie

Mar 19, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Tim Purcell
    We actually watched and discussed your videos before we embarked on his. I have watched yours several times, and they're invaluable for the depth of info. NGSC's take was to provide entertainment, along with helpful hints, and also show our failures. One big consideration of his was liability if we did it as a "how to" series. You know how social media is; If you somebody tries your technique and fails, too many are ready to pursue legal solutions rather than admit their own failure. Then real intent of the series is to show that normal garage mechanics can (with some help and advice from experts), complete a VERY thorough service on the 348, and that by doing so, can keep the cost of ownership at a reasonable level. Hope y'all enjoy our adventure.

steved033 and chopsui like this.
  4. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Your latest video I thought was by far the most interesting and informative. Going into the details of the pro's techniques is always a learning experience. Giving the part numbers is good idea too.

Sent from my VS990 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

TiminAustin likes this.
  5. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I've watched the whole series so far. For video 8:

PROS: Great video work showing the pro's tips that I've never seen on video before. This is why I watch this series. Silliness has been dramatically reduced.

CONS: Clickbait titles continue to ratchet skywards: "FERRARIS ARE MONEY PITS - PAIN IN THE A**!" NGS, like all pro Youtubers, cares little to nothing about the impact on value his videos have. Anything he says to the contrary is disingenuous at best; content is a means to income, period. The titles never explain what 2+ decades of deferred maintenance has done to this car. No wonder his buddy plans to the keep the 348 forever.

ernie likes this.
  6. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Yes, the titles get sleazier each time. They are getting more sensational with no bearing on the actual segment content. He admits he's dropping his morals just for the $... sort of like prostitution. Where will he go from here? "Aliens probed my exhaust pipe"? "Body design catches my daughter's bikini and tears if off completely"? "Car falls off rack maiming thosands"?
    Don't know but not pretty, or anything to be proud of!

Challenge likes this.
  7. Normal Guy Supercar

BANNED

Sep 25, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Daniel Hurlbert
    Lol you're comparing a YouTube video title to prostitution? Who's click baiting who now?

I'll state this once here but I'm certain it will fall on deaf ears...

YouTube is my job, it's how I make a living. For about 3 years I've been making youtube videos on cars, and the channel has been doing pretty decent but not exceptional. I was ok with that given I was strongly against using click bait.

April of this year youtube changed their algorithm again, and my channel fell flat on its face. No matter what I tried it kept performing terribly and I was at risk of having to abandon my channel entirely.

Then I came across this video:

He hit the nail on the head. Basically because youtube now cares so highly on CTR, you must use click bait to compete or you'll never succeed. This is why everyone is doing it now.

I finally gave in after 3 months of watching my channel go from gaining 2k+ subs a month all the way down to 234 and still decreasing. So I hired a talented guy to do click bait titles and thumbnails and guess what? My channel is growing again and heading back up to its previous momentum.

I'm certain any of you in my position would do the same. It's far less than ideal, and I'd much prefer to continue the "old days" when I didn't have to use click bait but that's not where the system is today.

One last thing... I tried making some "how to" videos in the past. Then I stopped and realized it's much better to make them entertaining but not actually how to in detail but rather how to lite. If you want to know why, I suggest you try making a few yourself and then deal with all the criticism and keyboard warriors. Then you'll understand why it's a terrible path. Not to mention someone will probably injure themselves and somehow blame you and sue you.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled flaming.

Fred Daniali likes this.
  8. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    "Cheese grater sides maiming small animals! The REAL reason they changed to open ones for the F355!"

QSA likes this.
  9. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #84 Ferrarium, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Wow that's unfortunate. We all get it. definitely better to entertain than make actual how to if you want money. The problem is people mistake modern divisive entertainment shows for actual news, same with these type of videos. Were 2 years away from videos being so outrages we'll look back at today's click bait and lament on how tame they were compared to 2 years from now. We all understand it how the times are. We get it. Entertainment > how to if your trying to make money.

Never seen your videos Daniel so this is not directed at you, your channel may be totally amazing. It probably is. This its a general statement about the inflammatory click bait trend......

It's not honorable. Sorry its not. The backlash here is not that its misleading, its the lack of honor, but some may not even realize that's why they dislike it. The fact that one has to be dishonorable to make a living does not make it acceptable. Its like penny stock brokers in the late 80's, lying to make money hiding behind a noble profession. It was not a good enough reason to be sleazy. Needing wanting to make easy money is not an excuse to be dis-honorable. Full disclosure, I was a penny stock broker in 1990 in La Jolla California, know what I did? I quit and went into a new profession to make money.

But hey, some folks love wallowing in slime, I knew those guys back in the day, it all about the money for some especially those guys, it was a game is all. Great that's fine, I don't fault them at all. Same with inflammatory click bait and horrid sports caster/WWF/morning zoo commentary and banter. If we don't like it we don't have to do it ourselves. We can just go start companies or go to medical school or what ever. So those folks doing you tube can go make money with new Click Bait trends that will get worse and more outrageous, that's fine man. We all get it.

But hey, let's not pretend it honorable. It's not honorable. Sorry for that.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. 348steve

348steve Karting

Jul 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stephen G
    One of the main problems with the video as that those guys are hacks! Prying A/C belts of with screwdrivers and pulling the exhaust out while the bumper is on, I could only watch for a few minutes before realizing this was comedy.

11. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    At virtually all of the Car Gatherings and Events and Inner Circles, Stooges are laughed about. It's like a running joke.
    Pretty funny actually. It's been being laughed about for years.

Most, if not all of those cars have been ear marked as to avoid if they ever come up for sale.

12. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    #87 brookliner7, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    I not so sure this was just a do it yourself video series…Seems like there’s one supersmart technical advisor there that most do it yourselfers will not have on hand.
    He seems to be pretty handy to have around, is he a Ferrari tech? Is he getting paid? I know you’ve introduced him in the past, forgive me I’ve forgotten and can’t find the video where are you did.

So to me these are what they are, entertainment videos. And for that I appreciate the time and effort Dan and Tim.

13. Normal Guy Supercar

BANNED

Sep 25, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Daniel Hurlbert
    You are most welcome, thank you for the positivity.

Josh is a Ferrari, Lamborghini, and other exotic cars tech. He is not getting paid for this.

Fred Daniali and brookliner7 like this.
  14. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    Well... there are car guys, and then there is the lifestyle crowd....Never the twain shall meet...except when a stooge comes over to help them put the Kia sensors on....;-).

15. Pangea

Pangea Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nick

:rolleyes:

16. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    OK. I get your only job is making YouTube videos and you will do anything to further that cause. I just wish you would choose a different target. With titles like "NEVER BUY A CHEAP FERRARI **BIG MISTAKE*", "FERRARIS ARE MONEY PITS **PAIN IN THE A." or "5 THINGS I HATE ABOUT THE FERRARI F430" you are certainly not doing much for the brand, or those models. Ricambi America will lose business if no one wants these apparently horrible cars and sends them to the crusher instead.
    You don't seem to care your incendiary titles may make a buck for you, but could be costing owners of those cars collateral damage when they try to sell them but find prospective buyers swayed by your telling them it's a **BIG MISTAKE*
    Sure glad I bought mine before your collection came out. I would have hated missing out on the pleasure I get from my car.
    Please don't be buying Ferraris and then ranting about how bad they are. How about starting a Yugo collection? Edsels? Hummel figurines?

ernie likes this.
  17. Jh348

Jh348 Karting

Sep 5, 2015
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Jesse Heinola
    I hate to say it but these videos will harm your tech’s reputation. Not a decent job at all. I wish its all for the show

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ernie, MAD828 and Darkhorse575 like this.
  18. Darkhorse575

Darkhorse575 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Good grief! Absolutely cringeworthy. I was enjoying the professional technician's feedback up until he started bending valves manually. With just a few twists of the crank the $10k job is now approaching $30k. SMH

19. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    #94 ernie, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Maybe they should have had a Stooge help. Every 348 Brotherhood owner, I have ever heard, Stooging their own engine out major has never destroyed the engine. And to think I would get my balls busted because I said #1 dead nuts on TDC, cams exactly on the marks, and let the tensioner do the work. What do I know?

Oh wait.

Did I just say that out loud? :eek:

steved033 likes this.
  20. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I have stopped watching the videos because it is nothing but click bait, and it is damaging not only the reputation of the 348, but of Ferrari, and the tech who was kind enough to help, and possibly even the sponsor.

No more views from this Stooge.

WATSON and Culprit like this.
  21. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The tech says "I have done enough of these to know..." well..... apparently not enough to know don't do that. I found that odd. Well I guess Majors do cost 25K.

MAD828 likes this.
  22. Normal Guy Supercar

BANNED

Sep 25, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Daniel Hurlbert
    Thanks for watching. More to come.

Fred Daniali likes this.
  23. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    I'm with Ernie; no more of this sensational drek for me.
    Question on parallel topic: if one spends numerous hours with a degree wheel to achieve perfect timing, what is the benefit? 5 bhp? I'm sure it's less than 10 bhp. Is all that time and effort worth it for something you won't be able to feel and to put your engine at risk for $$$$ damage?

ernie likes this.
  24. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Is this where the tech calls you about your bent valves and charges you more? Because I won't watch, what caused the issue?

sjd

ernie likes this.
  25. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    It's all about that smooth purrrrrrrr of success. My fiance' says "Man, it's running so much better!".

sjd