New Yorker needs some NC help... | FerrariChat

New Yorker needs some NC help...

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by JPF, Apr 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    Hi guys. I am up here in the wilds of NYC but am considering a car that Sport Auto in Summerfield has for sale.

First, has anyone done anything with them? What is their rep? They seem to have a pretty impressive inventory, and seem pretty nice, but I wouldn' tmind some firsthand opinions.

Also, if anyone is ever in the area, I would love it if you could swing by and have a look at the Black 348TS SS they just got. It is not on their website yet, but they have it.

Thanks.

2. worth it

worth it Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2002
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    David C.
    Joshua,

Not a problem for me to check it out. I was there yesterday and have to go back today ( Saturday ). Why you might ask ? My 348 Spider is currently having the dreaded cam belt change done. I have been visiting to watch the progress and take a few pictures.

As for reputations, Steve Barney the owner left Foreign Cars Italia to start this a couple years ago. Steve has been in the exotic car business for over 20 years. He has always been involved with all the clubs and has a great reputation Nationally. Sport Auto is also an authorized Lambo dealer. Yesterday they delivered a $300,000 Lambo while I looked over my car in pieces.

I will leave in a few hours for my visit. Please e-mail me your phone numbers so I can discuss this in more detail.

I have done this for several people in the past - Sport Auto and Foreign Cars Italia are both close by. No affiliation, I have spent money at both places.

Let me know.

David C.

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

David - just sent you email.

4. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Sport Auto does all the work on my 348 spider. Steve is flat out the best and has a better rep for cars than I do for StarWars Armor!!!!! I would buy from him any day.

Oh and dont forget Tom Jones either. Best mechanic in the South!!!!

DrS