New Years Gathering in Pinehurst? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

New Years Gathering in Pinehurst?

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Owens84QV, Nov 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ActionFigure

ActionFigure Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    Cary NC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I found someone to cover my on call, so Amy and I (Matt) will be making it to this one.

2. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Excellent. I'm waiting to see what the weather report is before I decide on what to bring.

3. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    The 10-day forecast shows 54 (High) / 38 (Low) with 20% chance rain. Friday was same temps and 10% rain. Hope to see Saturday's % chance decrease...

4. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    1. Owens84QV
    2. marcmc8867
    3. ECTurboGSX (Eric)
    4. Jack Russell Racing
    5. tamf328
    6. Woody
    7. BrianC
    8. Bob Curtis and maybe Nancy...
    9. Peter & Lynne
    10. spbogen (Bob)
    11. Matt and Amy
    12. rjperry555
    13. Next...

5. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Is there any update on what the itinerary will be?

6. ActionFigure

ActionFigure Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    Cary NC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I hope it doesn't rain. If it does, I will have to crack open the owner's manual to see how to operate the wipers : )

7. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    We'll be meeting at Pinehurst around 10-10:30 and have lunch at the Pinehurst Country Club. After lunch, we're heading over to Sports Leicht ( http://www.sportsleicht.com/) to tour the shop, which was organized for us by the Charlotte Area Ferrari Enthusiasts. Once that tour is over, if there is still some interest, there is a gokart track located right off of US-1. Otherwise, we'll caravan it home.

8. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    1. Owens84QV
    2. marcmc8867
    3. ECTurboGSX (Eric)
    4. Jack Russell Racing
    5. tamf328
    6. Woody
    7. BrianC
    8. Bob Curtis and maybe Nancy...
    9. Peter & Lynne
    10. spbogen (Bob)
    11. Matt and Amy
    12. rjperry555
    13. Seamus (if too late to get in on the lunch no bother :):))
    14. Next...

9. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Greg over-quoted slightly when he called, so it shouldn't be an issue. We're looking at between 35 and 40 people for this event, so it should be a good time. I'm looking forward to it.

10. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Seamus...we'll always make a spot for you...and yes as Eric said, I added a few to accommodate others...glad you are driving down with us!

11. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The drive from RDU to Pinehurst looks like the fun route. I'll leave Winston a bit earlier and just head to the Triangle for the 8:00am rendez-vous, rather than haul straight south to Pinehurst. See you soon!

12. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Daniel...excellent! Do you need directions?

13. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Well guys...it looks like the number of those coming is around 35-40. Not bad for a 1st Annual.

My wife is working with Pinehurst to pull all of the details together. One of those being that the Tavern is too small for our group. She's trying to get an area of the Carolina Dining Room set aside for us and some special parking. I'll have more details shortly.

14. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

When we did our Pinehurst event a few years ago with the FCA, we parked in the regular old parking lot with no hassle. They're not likely to give special parking, FWIW. We ate in the pub (enter the main hotel, turn right), and had a reasonably good meal, for a reasonable price. The main dining room (enter the hotel, walk straight back) can be quite expensive. I'd budget $25+/person there, even for a simple lunch. Either room is fine with me.

See y'all at the dealership on Saturday morning. (Please tell me there's a Starbucks close by!)

15. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    We'll look for one!

16. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Daniel, there is a Starbucks a quarter mile down the road from the dealerships. You should be good to go.

17. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    OK guys...here are the details:

Pinehurst is going to section off an area of the Resort Club parking lot for us to use.

We'll be eating at The Donald Ross Grill. To ensure we are not hit with the regular lunch crowd (golfers), the restaurant manager has asked that we start lunch at 11:00am. That way the servers will be able to get the orders in to the kitchen before they start their lunch rush.

Many thanks to my wife Michelle for getting the details arranged with Pinehurst!

Here is a link to the menu: http://www.pinehurst.com/new/menus/DRGMenu060905.pdf

18. Rubino

Rubino Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    Charlotte Area
    Full Name:
    Bob Curtis
    Thanks Greg and Michelle for getting this organized. I'm looking forward to the drive and the vist. A great way to start the New Year.
    Cheers !
    Bob C

19. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Bob...my "plan" is that this will be treated as the 1st Annual Pinehurst New Years run. Next year..."2nd Annual..." and we'll see this thing grow.

20. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #70 ECTurboGSX, Jan 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'll see everyone tomorrow morning. For those coming to meet us in Cary, just in case I've got a map here of where the exact dealership is at. If you get off of US-1 and take 64 West, you will pass through three lights, not including the one at the base of the exit ramp. After the third light, take the next left. The Chrysler-Jeep dealership will be on your right once you get into the autopark and the Audi dealership will be dead ahead. Porsche, Jaguar, and Audi are all aligned and we'll be some where in that lot. If you see Dodge or Chevy, you're on the lower level and need to head West to go to the higher lots. If you see Honda, Mercedes, or VW, you are in the back lots and need to cross over Old Raleigh Rd. out front. If you see Cadillac or Hummer, you need to keep traveling East on Old Raleigh Rd. and take a left into the autopark.

If you look at the map below, the three dealerships we are meeting at are in the red area.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #71 ECTurboGSX, Jan 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Thanks very much to Bjorn and his staff for a fine shop tour! Great stuff!

23. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thank you so much to everyone that attended! Next year, we'll fill the lot. I'll look through my pics and find some pics to post. This was the 1st of many events that will make 2008 great for NC Ferrari owners!