New to Nebraska - Update...... | Page 5 | FerrariChat

New to Nebraska - Update......

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by jpohl402, Jul 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AraLM

AraLM Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2008
    Omaha
    All of that is filled in now. :)

2. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    This is 3 blocks from me.

It just seems most spottings are on 180th and Center/Pacific/Dodge, but I know that's not ALWAYS the case. Just seems like it.

3. EndymionMKII

EndymionMKII Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    James
    Wow good observation although why did you quote yourself there Wiskey?

Sorry but where is shadow ridge anyway?

4. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul

5. AraLM

AraLM Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2008
    Omaha
    ^ What Paul said...

I can see Shadow Ridge from my window.

6. AraLM

AraLM Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2008
    Omaha
    BTW, I think Cars and Coffee starts sometime in March or May, we should get some exotics there!

7. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Tricky explanation:

I am 3 blocks from that location, but I never see any AT that location - just all around it.

Just an oddity on my part, I guess.

8. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    #108 Whisky, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
    For years, the population center of this town used to be about 84th and Dodge, but looking at the map today, it's closer to I-680 and Center...
    Houses pretty much from State Street North to beyond Harrison South - almost to Giles Road, and West to 204th.

Shadow Ridge, Sieckmann - met him about 3 years ago for about 5 min. - can't remember if it was Tom or Jim - seems to be a nice guy.

I can see St. Wenceslaus from my window, do I get any points for that ? LOL

9. AraLM

AraLM Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2008
    Omaha
    #109 AraLM, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
    Yes.

:)

Sieckmann is that pro-golfer right? I think his name is Tom if I remember right.

10. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Tom is/was the PGA Pro, Jim is his brother and is also who I thought was the guy that really developed SR, but I could be wrong.

They are about my age.

11. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Tom is the pro and was one of the developers of Shadow Ridge, the other owner Steve Shanahan was the head pro at what was then Highland CC (125th & Pacific) I think it is called Ironwood now but I am not sure. I worked for Steve all through high school and college and then when SR opened I went to work there with them. I have not seen it since they built the clubhouse or any of the facilities, last time I was there (1995) we still had a mobile home as the temp pro shop.
    They are all great guys guys and Steve was the best boss I have ever had, tough but extremely fair and he made you want to succeed even at the crap jobs.
    Also a car guy, he had a 1987 930 turbo slant nose back then.
    Jim runs the golf academy, he is a great teacher.

12. AraLM

AraLM Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2008
    Omaha
    I saw a Cadillac CTS-V (the one with 550HP) today on 180th, if that counts for anything :)

13. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    hmmm, on 180th...... imagine that !

14. AraLM

AraLM Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2008
    Omaha
    #114 AraLM, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  15. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando

Steering is bad - can't get it between the lines..

16. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

Sorry the GT-R is a weak car.....

17. AraLM

AraLM Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2008
    Omaha
    #117 AraLM, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
    It's no Lambo, but it's friggin fast...it's not "good" enough for this topic? :( You guys are hard to please, lol. Allan Lambo and Turbo Alex from L4mb0p0w3r (it's bleeped out when I type it in normal letters) seem to be pleased with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emUEcw4Uk-Q

18. ryan311

ryan311 Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2007
    Nebraska
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yesterday between noon and 1pm a black Audio R8 was sitting in front of Jams at Beverly Hills Plaza(78th & Dodge) and today there was tan Maserati on 120th and Blondo. Nice weather brings out nice cars.

19. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

Ara-
    I never said anything about your pictures "not being good enough"
    As a matter of fact, I'm glad you posted them for me (and "us"-the collective forum as a whole) to see....
    I was merely stating that in my opinion, the car is not all it's cracked up to be....
    Sure, it's fast - but remember most of the quoted magazine times occurred while using launch control (which may in fact be prone to breaking/manufacturer defect)
    But aside from the fast-ness, at the end of the day - I'm going to go on a limb and say it here - "It's still a Nissan"
    I have not driven GT-R, but been around them a few times, sat inside, looked fit & finish over closely, heard them run, driven next to them, etc
    I would rather have a slower E63 / M6 / than an aftermarket supercharged Vette / Viper / etc.....
    Simply because of the "luxury quality feel" in the German cars, usability, electronics, auto HID headlights, NAV, heated seats VS. the pure straight line speed in other vehicles mentioned, but ones that lack "creature comforts"
    Have you ever driven any 65-Series Benz? They have a boatload of torque, but you can use everyday and on long road trips
    My friend's supercharged Mustang can break the tires loose and go sideways easily in third gear at 60mph, however driving for any amount of time (for me) is quite uncomfortable - (He absolutely loves it)
    Now I'm not saying Nissan makes bad cars (someone very close to me loves their new Nissan) --NOT GTR-- but.....
    There is a seat for every ass
    and I still don't believe Nissan belongs in the "supercar" world.....
    I can almost guarantee, the GT-R doesn't have the Soul of an Italian, or hold a candle to driving a Vanquish
    Now granted those cars are more expensive - so in an effort not to take this out of context, for GT-Rs price point, I would buy an E55, M5, or maybe even a GranSport (can be had nowadays for about this price)
    Remember Nissan is new to this - how would you like to buy a GT-R and then have tranny break at a cost of 10k - all things to consider.....
    For an absolute Nissan diehard fanatic - how about a Skyline R34 ?
    Sorry for rambling I just feel the car is far over-rated and not that impressive (unless you are at a dragstrip searching for quarter mile times)......

20. AraLM

AraLM Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2008
    Omaha
    #120 AraLM, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
    I haven't driven a 65 series.

Yes, it's still a Nissan, I just thought I would post some pictures of it in the flesh. I'm not too serious about the performance of cars. This is a great thread, just thought I would keep it up to date. :) It's all good.

21. AraLM

AraLM Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2008
    Omaha
    It was at the gym again, it was pretty cool to see that I wasn't the only one taking pictures of the car! :)

22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    You are confusing...

First, you say 'at the end of the day, it's still a Nissan', but the same can be said about some of the cars
    you like: a Mustang is still a Ford....

I don't think the Nissan is supposed to have the Soul of an Italian, or compare to a Vanquish, or be a 'Supercar',
    the Nissan is what it is: a Japanese 'exotic', no more, no less.
    Nissan isn't THAT new to performance cars, they ran a helluva GTP program in the '80's with Geoff Brabham,
    but unlike most other manufacturers, Japanese ones pick their markets and offerings very carefully, they don't
    just invent a car and dump it on the market.

FWIW the Datsun 510 DOMINATED SCCA racing a long time ago, so did the 240-280Z's, so this isn't new to them.

23. AraLM

AraLM Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2008
    Omaha
  24. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

#125 jpohl402, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
    I hate all Mustangs, including my friend's (read post)....... I stated sheer power could not cause me to like the car
    I will have to look up info on the Datsun 510, I didn't know that.....

And for whatever reason, I do enjoy the Ford GT's, I think they are well-built, quality, good performing and good looking cars - however sticker was about 2.5 times GT-R territory......