New to Ferrari X2 in the last 6 months | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New to Ferrari X2 in the last 6 months

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Dfmontaz, Mar 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    oh, I didn't know yours is Fredo. can you share some picture??

To the op, congrats, v20 total from Maranello is the best.

Dfmontaz likes this.
  2. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    So the FF is in hand and I’ve had a chance to process my impressions, albeit, on a very limited basis! First of all, the car is altogether way more attractive in-person. It’s a welcome surprise that the car is BETTER than I had hoped, but in-person the car shows colors dramatically differently than the posted pictures. In this case, I’m happily surprised but could imagine a person who would have been disappointed. The interior was showing RED compared to the exterior and I was concerned that there wouldn’t be a balance between exterior and interior....in fact they are exact matches and the car looks bespoke and very deliberately and tastefully done. The suede liners reflect lighting in photography in the most unusual way that makes it look brighter in reality than it is...I’m posting a picture here from my iPhone that has a “Ferrari red” folder in the desert to highlight the difference in the interior color from the original post that was taken from dealer’s site...In short...I LOVE IT and even in this picture the color shows brighter than in-person which is a bit darker, flatter and a bit more moody.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    italiafan and Moopz like this.
  4. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    Got in on consignment in California last summer. I can’t remember the bozo’s name who sold it to me...he knew nothing about the car. It was a great deal and its getting engine out and a bunch of work done (that was supposed to be done) but honestly I found an amazing local tech and I’m glad its getting done again as I’m doing a bunch more to get it really cleaned up and fresh.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  6. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    Thank you!! South Florida location helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

italiafan likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Classic car west no? Looks like one they had for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    Yes! Good memory...did you consider it?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes but ended up passing, a bit too many miles and didn’t like the carfax saying F1 but was manual
    Also the owner consigning the car owned a shop and had done the major through his shop so I wasn’t 100% sure it had been done

10. Dfmontaz

Dfmontaz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2016
    South Florida
    Built our same concern into the purchase price of $58k. Have a great independent bringing it to spec for less than $15k I hope and that includes a ton of work including AC compressor, major service including water pump etc etc and full replacement of numerous bearings internal to differential that were an issue and creating a loud whine noise. Long and short, the car was sub-par for a mechanic ... if I was a mechanic this car would have been way more polished. I will say the body and paint is excellent for the mileage...I’m the end my experience has been painful and expensive but also rewarding and exhilarating which is why I doubled down with the FF. The adventure continues!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah I test drove it and almost bought it so I know the car well.
    15k for sure got u covered !