New Sub Forums in Racing & Tracking? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New Sub Forums in Racing & Tracking?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by rob lay, Dec 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Love the site. An F1 section would be welcome if possible. :)

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    What does that have to do with this?

3. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    hahahahahahaha!!!

4. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I would leave it alone.
    The current way everyone sees all topics and can choose to enter or not. By splitting most would never see the non-F1 topics as we agree most info revolves around F1.

5. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #30 jknight, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
    Please split and have sub-forums - F1 and Sports Cars. All too often some of the best weekend racing involving Ferraris is found in ALMS, LMS, FIA-GT. Unfortunately, any threads on sports car racing seem to become buried in the F1 threads. Creation of a sub-forum would alleviate this situation. Thanks for consideration of this issue.

Carol

6. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    #31 Modeler, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
    QFA

F1
    Sports cars

The GT-2 class racing will really take off in the next couple of seasons.

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    You're the one asking the question, not me. I don't care to read the F1 treads, so I don't. But if you want to create even more sub forums (how many are there now?), you da man.

Dale

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Still haven't answered my question Dale why you would comment on this thread or why you are even reading the Racing & Tracking section right now if you don't read the Racing & Tracing section. :D

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Sometimes when I create sub-forums there is still a need for a general top level. If we add the following sub-forums I'm not seeing need for a general area as everything seems covered. I'm thinking about making Racing & Tracking a category instead with the following forums…

F1
    GT Racing
    Challenge Cars
    Tracking

What do you think?

10. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Awlrighty, I read posts in this section that have to do with actually racing & tracking on a one-on-one basis. I don't care to read posts about F1 races or any other professional races, so I don't. But it really doesn't matter to me if you break this forums up into pieces because I use the "new post" function anyway and skip those threads I don't care to read. All I was doing was agreeing with Tilliman that most of the posts in this formum have to do with how much and why F1 racings sucks.

Dale

11. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    My thoughts in bold. You have a lot of good questions from n00bs about what to do and where to go.

"Tracking" only promotes the cliquish-ness that permeates the pastime. Invite people in.

12. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Do it! Looks good!!!

13. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    To much imho. One forum for F1 and one for the rest will be the best solution imho. Take the proposed Challenge Car forum for example, there won't be that much activity there, maybe one post every two days or so. Checking that forum out soon gets tiring if you don't find new posts there, and eventually you'll stop looking into it, although you might have something to contribute. As said several times by other posters, if you take out the F1 threads, non-F1-topics will be more visible, but there will be enough activity so that the forum won't die.

14. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Rob,
    I think we'll adapt to whatever you do, but please do away with the ridiculous spoiler rule.
    It would be so nice to browse during a race weekend with meaningful thread titles. Hopefully there's some way you can incorporate a buffer into the subforums to protect people who can't stay away from FChat from reading titles that upset them.
    Mark

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    well good, then you might like you can go to a sub forum for only Sports Car Racing or Tracking. :)

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes, will be working on way to keep F1 titles appearing in forum main view so that we can get rid of spoiler rule.

FYI, one thing that sparked this was a bunch of Challenge guys wanting their own forum. There is more and more interest in actually racing Challenge cars through vintage orgs like HSR or Club Racing like NASA instead of collecting dust in collections or track days only.

17. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just do it, sounds ok to me, if it sucks I'm sure you will be made aware...;)

18. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1 on at least a separate "Tracking & schools" forum - Not (IMHO) "challenge" specific, but for anyone who tracks their car(s).

A distinct F1 forum, whose thread titles don't show up in the index would also be nice - I've learnt to stay away from the entire site until I've caught up 'cos of the a$$-holes who don't obey the rules.....

My02c,
    Cheers,
    Ian

19. Christopher Winfield

Nov 12, 2003
    Challenge Section!

Kind Regards,
    Christopher

20. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Rob:

You know my thoughts about the challenge section.

For all others out there please consider there are so many challenge cars out there designed form one purpose: tracking and racing with other Ferraris. Its too hard now to hunt threw forums to find other challenge cars. It will instantly lead to get togethers of racing and tracking these wonderful cars that have no other place. Spectating would also be wonderful to see a Ferrari challenge cars go at it in track and racing format. There is also a tremendous amount of technical support and grouping needed for those who want to connect.

21. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    So, when are we getting the new sub forums???

22. natural

natural Karting

Dec 28, 2007
    Croatia
    I share thoughts with Far Out.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    One thing at a time, dealing with backlash from new sub-forums in LamborghiniChat for now. :)

24. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Maybe more and more forums are not necessarily better in all cases.

For me, I am a pretty regular poster during the week days and I find that I am not looking at all of what we have regularly...for example, I very seldom look at other Ferrari car types rather than the Testarossa forum. For sure never ever in other geographic forums other than Texas...not saying to cut down any, but just be careful that they would all be active.

My one suggestion is that maybe a racing technical could fall under this plan, leaving current technical to road cars and general nuts and bolts stuff.

James

25. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Boy, you're pissing into the wind. Why, I remember when there... Oh well, I guess it really doesn't matter, does it?

Dale