New Socks on the California | FerrariChat

New Socks on the California

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by russellmcg, Oct 13, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Sammi and Federal man like this.
  2. jblakesmith_gt

jblakesmith_gt Karting

Jan 12, 2020
    Looks great! How are you liking the T vs your previous Cali? I need to test drive both as I keep going between the two. Appears T is better in many ways, except price. Lol. Another consideration is exhaust sound. I currently have a maser mc vert for Sunday driver, so I've grown to love a good exhaust with a bit of volume as part of the driving experience. Thanks, take care, and enjoy that T.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I LOVE the T so much more! Everything from the design of the car to the updated radio, to the handling special. Overall, just a far better car. The one thing I do miss is the exhaust note from my old one. I have the exhaust valves opened all the time on this one, which helps some, and the HS, add a bit more, but still not as dominant as the old one. The car does just drive WAY better, though, and the extra HP/torque is ridiculous.

If I had never driven the T, I would have been thrilled with the older one. If you plan on not getting the T, don't test drive it. If you do, I think it would be hard to not get it.

In the end, though, both cars are just a blast to have! I don't think you can go wrong.

Sammi and jblakesmith_gt like this.
  4. jblakesmith_gt

jblakesmith_gt Karting

Jan 12, 2020
    #4 jblakesmith_gt, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Thanks for the feedback. May come down to spec, availability, and price. Appears folks don't want to sell or trade right now, which appears to have caused a slight increase in price. Which I guess I'm in the same boat...don't want to give up what I have waited so long to find in the right spec. Either way and when, hope to join the F club soon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jopke likes this.
  5. russellmcg

Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    I feel you. It took me almost six years from when I wanted one to when I finally pulled the trigger. In the end, it's worth the wait!

6. jopke

jopke Rookie

Aug 18, 2014
    I am seeing the same thing. Inventory is sparse and prices are inching up, not down.