NEW SEATS IN MY 348 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NEW SEATS IN MY 348

Discussion in '348/355' started by Full, Dec 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    Ahhhhh didn't know that. Gratzi. Happy New Year

Qavion likes this.
  2. Full

Full Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Crato,Ceará - Brazil
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    HELLO FRIEND KOENIG!
    HAPPY 2020!
    WHAT A GOOD THING !, HAPPY YOU HAVE GOT A GOOD PAIR OF NEW SEATS!
    FRIEND THE PART I MADE WAS ONLY CALL ON 12V, BUT THE ADAPTATION OF THE RELAYS I LET IN THE CHARGE OF A PROFESSIONAL AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICIAN!
    A HINT:
    PLEASE NOTE THAT EACH ENGINE HAS 4 STARTING WIRES, BEING 2 THICK AND 2 THIN
    CAN ISOLATE AND DELETE FINES OK, THEY ARE FOR SLK ORIGINAL POSITIONING MEMORY
    I ALSO DELETED THE AIRBAGS
    ANOTHER CURIOUS THING THAT I DISCOVERED DURING THE ADPTATION PROCESS:
    ON THE CAR THE DRIVER'S SIDE IS WIDER BETTER THAN THE PASSENGER'S SIDE, SEE THE DISTANCE BETWEEN THE RUBBER OF THE DOOR (IN LOWER LAO) AND THE SIDE OF THE CENTRAL ISLAND!
    THE FACT CERTAINLY IF IT IS HAND BRAKE ACCOMMODATION!
    AVAILABLE FOR ANY OTHER DETAIL FRIEND!
    HUG!

3. Full

Full Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Crato,Ceará - Brazil
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    [QUOTE = "Yassa, post: 146970282, membro: 104786"] O caps lock é realmente chato de ler e dificilmente um estilo individual. Parece tão feio quanto os assentos slk em um 348.
    OLÁ AMIGA!
    RESPEITO ÀS DIFERENÇAS !, EXISTEM !, ENTRE PAÍSES E CULTURAS DIFERENTES!
    RESPEITO TAMBÉM APRECIANDO "ORIGINALIDADE!"
    VOCÊ JÁ, COMO NINGUÉM AQUI PODE VER, NÃO TEM EDUCAÇÃO!, MESMO SER UM CIDADÃO DO "PRIMEIRO MUNDO"!
    VÁ BEM!

4. Full

Full Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Crato,Ceará - Brazil
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    [QUOTE = "Koenig1, post: 146969851, membro: 199045"] Oi 'Full', acabei de receber meus assentos do SLK350. Você pode ter um diagrama de fiação para motores de bancos .... apenas mais fácil do que fixar tudo. Você está certo, estas são uma atualização e são quase novas para inicializar! [/ QUOTE]
    LEMBRANDO TAMBÉM AMIGO:
    REMOVA OS DOIS ALTOS MOTORES DE AJUSTE DA ALTURA!
    NECESSÁRIO APÓS A SOLDA!
    ELIMINAR TAMBÉM A BARRA DE MOLA QUE EXIGE O AJUSTE DA ALTURA!

5. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Yea I know all about you crazy Brazilians. My wife is from Belo Horizonte.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Full

Full Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Crato,Ceará - Brazil
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    HELLO!
    THAT COOL!
    GREETINGS TO HER!
    HUG!

7. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    Hi Full, started taking apart the seat connectors and pinning things out. Fairly easy once one finds the power feed wire, then the rest becomes obvious, up, down forward, rear, seat raise front, seat raise rear, seatback forward/rear...etc using a multimeter. I decided to keep all my electrics and paid a visit to the U-Pull-It recycling place. Had lots of choices for extra switches and settled for these. Surprisingly, the wire harness that clips in is very beefy wiring, leading me to believe that I may not need a huge amount of relays!!! Anyway, the switches will fit nicely on lower plastic side panel just behind the lumbar round block switch. I'll just mill out the the overlap(seat design) in the lower side panel... will look almost factory... heheh, all for $10. including copious amounts of extra wiring harnesses... never can have enough wire! In the end, the seat functions will be all there except for the heated BS and bags. You're right, once one removes the seat base cushion, the design/mounting of seat brackets becomes simple' Paid $500 for the pair 17K miles, leather is fabulous. The company that sold them to me wanted alot more, but discounted the seats as the headrests had popped .... Anyone who is MB literate knows the release is an electric solenoid and can be reset/closed in a matter of minutes. Luckily, he did not know this and the discount was added! Everything is just about new with these seats, just needs some conditioner and done. BTW, NOTE:should anyone decide to do this, ask for the VIN# and call your local MB dealer. They can decipher the build and tell you whether the leather is leather, or MBTex (vinyl). Recycling places just believe everything in Mercedes is leather. I didn't want them to ship and find out it was Vinyl when they arrived....
    [​IMG]

8. Full

Full Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Crato,Ceará - Brazil
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    HELLO FRIEND!
    MORE THAN WONDERFUL THING!
    SHOW!
    WHEN YOU'RE READY SHOW HERE!
    AT THE MOMENT I'M WORKING ON OTHER WELL INTERESTING THINGS, WHEN THEY'RE READY I WILL POST OK!
    THEY ARE JUST INSIDE THE CAR!
    MY INSPIRATION CAME FROM HERE:
    https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/evoluto-ferrari-interior/

ARE CHANGES IN THE SOUND,
    AUDI AIR OUTLETS,
    STERRING WHEEL RECEIVED WIRELESS CONTROLS FOR SOUND,
    BLACK PIANO AND ROSSO CORSA PAINTING ON DOORS AND PANEL!
    SOON SHOW FOR YOU!
    HUG!

9. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy

Attached Files:

10. Full

Full Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Crato,Ceará - Brazil
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    [QUOTE = "Koenig1, post: 146977317, membro: 199045"] Ok, no meio do caminho ... Assento de passagem instalado. Ainda tem algumas coisas pequenas para arrumar / anexar, mas oferece um vislumbre do novo e do antigo. No momento, não temos tempo para publicar uma pilha de fotos e detalhes (em breve, para o jantar). Aqui estão algumas fotos .... Adicione isso mais tarde, se houver algum interesse ...

2875786 [/ ANEXO] [ANEXO = completo] 2875787 [/ ANEXO] [ANEXO = completo] 2875788 [/ ANEXO] [/ CITAÇÃO]

BONITA!
    PARABÉNS!
    DUAS DICAS:
    CENTRALIZAR O BANCO DO MOTORISTA ANTES DE PERFURAR COMO BASES PARA NÃO MANUSEAR A OPERAÇÃO DO FREIO DE MÃO!
    PARA UM ACABAMENTO PERFEITO NA COSTA BRANCA DE NOVOS ASSENTOS, USEI UMA CANETA RETRO DE TINTA PRETA DO PROJETOR!
    ABRAÇO!

Attached Files:

11. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    Dolcevita likes this.
  12. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    Dolcevita and Full like this.
  13. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    Dolcevita likes this.
  14. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    My wiring is all done, switch to motors. Will have to wait until I return home in the Spring to cut out side panel to accept switch unit.... lack of proper tools, lol! No need for relays, this particular switch is built with heavy gauge wire.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dolcevita and Full like this.
  15. Full

Full Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Crato,Ceará - Brazil
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    SURPREENDENTE!!
    SEU MODELO É MAIS MODERNO DO QUE O MEU!
    NÃO EXISTE AR QUENTE!
    NO ENTANTO, NÃO PERCA, AQUI ESTÁ MUITO QUENTE, VIVO NO NORDESTE DO BRASIL, POR ISSO SEI ALGO COMO A REGIÃO DA FLÓRIDA DE VOCÊ!
    ATENÇÃO: NÃO É POSSÍVEL USAR O AJUSTE DA ALTURA EM 348 POUNDS, O ASSENTO JÁ ESTÁ NO LIMITE DA ALTURA DO INTERIOR DO CARRO, POR ISSO, EU PREFERIRIA ELIMINAR O SISTEMA INTEIRO E REDUZIR O PESO!
    EM MAIS ACREDITO QUE VOCÊ CONFIRMOU O QUE EU DISSE, MB ASSENTOS SÃO MARAVILHOSOS !!! , SEM COMPARAÇÃO!
    ABRAÇO AMIGÁVEL!

16. Full

Full Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Crato,Ceará - Brazil
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    [QUOTE = "Koenig1, post: 146978179, membro: 199045"] Minha fiação está concluída, troque para motores. Vai ter que esperar até eu voltar para casa na primavera para cortar o painel lateral para aceitar a unidade do interruptor .... falta de ferramentas adequadas, lol! Não há necessidade de relés, este interruptor em particular é construído com fio de bitola pesada.
    [AN
    CERTAINLY A MINI REPEAT DREMEL RESOLVES CUT!
    AND FOR BETTER FINISHING A 2 OR 3 MM BLACK ACRYLIC SHEET LASER CUT WITH DETAILS DETAILS THE REST OF FINISHING!
    EXO = cheio] 2876041 [/ ANEXO] [/ CITAÇÕES]

17. Full

Full Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Crato,Ceará - Brazil
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    [QUOTE = "Koenig1, post: 146978157, membro: 199045"] Em seguida, esses assentos são bastante configuráveis. A estrutura é de titânio, e eles têm o AIRSCARFE embutido, basicamente soprando ar quente no seu pescoço em um dia frio ... Lol!

[ANEXO = completo] 2876034 [/ ANEXO] [ANEXO = completo] 2876035 [/ ANEXO] [/ CITAÇÕES]
    VERY COOL THIS AIR SUPPLY MECHANISM!

18. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    What an innovative thread. Love it.

Full likes this.
  19. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    Ok, my 1st table of Passenger seat wiring connections had some errors... I asked the mods to delete... thank you Mods! Here is the revised table for Passenger seat.

Attached Files:

20. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    Ok, let’s get to the mounting of the seats. Full had welded angle brackets to his side rails. As my welders are up north, I improvised a bit.
    1st pic... front of mb rail, notice the 45* fitting. I simply bent that down to a 90* angle. So onto the rear fitment. MB has a stationary pin at the rear of each rail, along with large hole just past pin for mounting. Inside rail is the screw mechanism (forward/backward movement which is held down by both pin & mounting bolt. It just so happen that rear 348 seat crossmember aligns with the stationary pin. So, put a nut/bolt in generic mount hole to hold down mechanism(nut/bolt won’t interfere with crossmember.) I then removed stationary pin and enlarged hole.... my ne rear mount that will bolt to crossmember! Marked mount positions and drilled /tapped appropriate holes in crossmembers. Before anyone states that threading the thin crossmember won’t stand a lot of punishment.... I know. When I return home, I will add steel rivet blind nuts to beef it up. My Rivet Nut set is up north as well...lol! As wellll, I added a 1/4” collar to the forward bolts to line things up. Some pics now to explain my long winded-ness.

Full likes this.
  21. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    To ‘FULL’ my seats w/AirScarfe were from 2012 SLK350 w/19K miles. Guess they made different choices per car...
    Now, onto the Drivers side w/ Emergency brake... more measurements!!!

H Image Unavailable, Please Login

Full likes this.
  22. Full

Full Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Crato,Ceará - Brazil
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    OLÁ AMIGA!
    EU VER TAMBÉM A POSSIBILIDADE!
    JÁ TINHA UM TRAUMA DO SISTEMA ORIGINAL 348 (RISOS!)
    EU ESTAVA MUITO APERTANDO A POSIÇÃO DE MONTAGEM QUANDO PERCEBEI A OPÇÃO DE MANTER TUDO COM GRANDE FACILIDADE DE ACESSO QUE QUERIA MUDAR!
    SUA MANEIRA DE CONSERTAR DEIXA MAIS COISA NO ESTILO ORIGINAL!]
    OBRIGADO!
    ABRAÇO!

23. Full

Full Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Crato,Ceará - Brazil
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    [QUOTE = "Koenig1, post: 146980179, membro: 199045"] Para 'CHEIO', meus assentos com o AirScarfe foram de 2012 SLK350 com 19K milhas. Acho que eles fizeram escolhas diferentes por carro ...
    Agora, do lado do motorista com freio de emergência ... mais medidas !!!

H [ATTACH = cheio] 2876534 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
    ISSO DEVE SER, O SEU DEVE VIR DE UM MB MAIS COMPLETO!
    NÃO SE PREOCUPE, VOCÊ NÃO TERÁ DIFICULDADES COM O LADO DO MOTORISTA, MAS A MEDIDA É SUPER EXATA!, SEM FRONTEIRA PARA ERRAR OK!

24. Full

Full Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    Crato,Ceará - Brazil
    Full Name:
    Alessandro
    [QUOTE = "ernie, post: 146979495, membro: 693"] Que thread inovador. Adoro. [/ CITAÇÕES]
    VENHA MAIS LÁ ...
    ABRAÇO!