New Scuderia Killer?????????????? | Page 14 | FerrariChat

New Scuderia Killer??????????????

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BIG_DJE, Dec 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Would you buy the ZR-1

1. Yes for MSRP $100K est BEST DEAL EVER.

2. Yes and would pay over sticker for it

3. I would never drive GM JUNK

4. YES but would never tell my friends about it.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

check em out www.ultimacars.com they probably could anwser all your questions better than I can.

Here's what it can do though in a standing mile with 1000hp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3y7qbSCB44

2. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
  3. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    They are really practical from what most ultima owners have told me, practical enough to use as a daily driver depending on how you build it and drive it.:) Id feel more confident driving that around than a Veyron cause thats a million dollar car and this is a car that performs like that million dollar car.

Iam looking into one myself.

4. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    Pantera, If you can believe it, the guy who owned that car in the pic sold it for 65k. I have been watching him try to sell it for awhile, then I checked one day and he was asking 65, but it was already sold.....................missed it. Maybe I will get a chance to build my own some day, that would be great!
    You are correct, it is easiest to put a Chevy motor in there, but you can probably put anything you want, as long as you can mate it up to the Porsche tranny.

5. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Me to!! I want one or one of those GTM's www.factoryfive.com either way it beats the hell out of paying 100grand for a Corvette. I have seen them with various powerplants there's even one with a Buick Grand National engine setup and another one with a BMW V-12 not to long ago that was featured in a Import tuner magazine. The cool thing about kit cars are there are no rules as long as your check book permits you can engineer your own scuderia killer without buying a Z06 or a ZR1.:)

Weither you chose an Ultima or a GTM those cars will eat any new Corvette alive and laugh at the exotics in terms of performance and you wouldn't have to affaid to run one of those modded supras or Evos with the fear of losing either. You ask me a Corvette is a very fancy car but id rather build something like an Ultima cause there wouldn't be another one on the road like mine. No two kit cars are alike.

6. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

That performs very much like a million peso car.

7. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    That GTM is pretty nice, looks alot more affordable than an Ultima.

8. Patricio

Patricio Rookie

Jul 15, 2007
    CC Philadelphia
    The only way a vette will be worth 100k is if you move the engine to the back of the car.
    Even FORD realized that. Great job they did. I love it the GT.

Wanna go fast?
    If thats all someone cares about.....
    Just buy one of those EBAY right off the magazine, 911, NSX, Supra, RX7, Evo or whatever for $40k-$60k

Smoke every OEM car in history.
    More Unique than you could ever want.
    More Top of the line brands than you can memorize.
    No depreciation.

a buddy of mine just sold his 1988 911 for $50k over 500rwhp & $120k invested.
    Performance on par with an ENZO.
    Way better looking than any Vette.

Besides that, who in their right mind would pay for $100k for a Vette rather than a used 99 360 Modena or GT2?
    If I would buy a vette it would be a black 1969 with side pipes. who cares how slow it is? Its a classic design.

9. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

thank you for taking the time to write what i was going to.

i love the track reference particularly as even at a mere de track day, people only talk about the fastest cars on the track and heard along the pit wall would be..."just look at the vette blow by the ferraris and lambos!"

the vette is simply the best value proposition in a sports car.

i love the talk on build quality and seats and ...

i bet back in the day people said its just a big 427 ford powered cobra and it will never be a ferrari. oooppps!

i think this vette will be the tuner car of choice and will be the ultimate performance king of the hill!!!

i like my ferraris and porsche but i really like the vette for what a stir it creates on f-chat!

10. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

you know, it is such a classic case of the ferrari kid saying,"my dad is richer than your dad" but the zr-1 kid saying so, "my dad can kick your dad's azz...now give me your lunch money!"

the zr-1 will be a world beater! but let's try to enjoy it as an american attempt to really thow its hat in the ring.

pcb

11. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Can you post up a better car?.:)

12. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    All you need is a Corvette C5 donor car which can retail for around 1200bucks on ebay depending out damaged the car was, the GTM kits sell for around 19k so pretty much when its all said and done you can have one for less than that new LS3 C6 and out perform it very easly.

I know once a ZR1 engine pops up on ebay and FFR gets ahold of it to drop it in a GTM I can promise you'll see a GTM that could give an Ultima GTR a run for its money.

13. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
    that is funny. nice post.

14. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

Id rather go and buy one of those old C4 Twin turbo callaway Corvette's than spend 100k on another corvette which is very ridiculous in my opinion, don't get me wrong now the ZR1 will be a great car but i don't think its worth the 100k its commanding there's alot you can do with that kind of money than buy another corvette. There's also no way in hell id pay 40-60k for a modified EVO, WRX or Supra:D With that money id rather go buy a used 91 Diablo or a newer SRT-10 coupe than go blow it on some modified toyota or Super chevy.

Thats why I said Ultima is the ultimate car in terms of bang for the buck deal and the same can be said for the GTM which both cars are more than capable of challenging the Corvette, GTR and many tuner cars for the title of the best bang for the buck deal.

15. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Dear God, so much brand snobbery in this thread :) Doesn't anyone buy performance cars for their performance anymore :)

16. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    Both the Scud and the GTR are marvels of engineering achievement. ZR1 is just a vette with a lot of power.

17. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Your right the Corvette is a legend and in a legue of its own.:)

18. vvvmd

vvvmd F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2003
    close to the Hub
    Full Name:
    Victor Villarreal
    Have you ever looked at a Corvette without its body shell or are you just showing bias. They had a stripped down Z06 frame at the Detroit auto show. Very impressive stuff aluminum frame, magnesium castings for the engine cradle and rear suspension, Magnesium reenforcement for the top and fire wall. Beautiful aluminum forging for the unequal A arms for both front and rear suspension, same shocks from the same supplier as the 599 (GM had them first by the way). Brembo brakes front and rear. The engine has a forged 6 bolt crank forged rods forged pistons, forged valves and a dry sump. Engine up front transmission in the back just like a 599, Maser coupe, and Daytona. Carbon fiber fenders, top and floors. Anybody that says the car has a cheep interior has not bothered to look. Dash, seats and door panels all covered with leather with french stitching just like Ferrari. All this for a price thats less than 50% of a Ferrari. People who say the new Vettes aren't well engineered just aren't taking the time to look or showing extreme arrogance.

19. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I agree but then again in my opinion Corvette and Ferrari shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentance cause they are two diffrent animals.

20. vvvmd

vvvmd F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2003
    close to the Hub
    Full Name:
    Victor Villarreal
    If you are talking performance they are very similar beasts. If you are talking expensive relatively unobtainable plaything then they are very different. I have a 355 have had a Maser coupe and recently got a Z06. I have had a deposit for a 430 for several years and keep get put off by the dealer. At the auto show I asked the guy at the Ferrari stand what color the Scuderia they had on the stand was and asked him if it would be available on other Ferraris. Was treated with a certain amount of disdain by the chap. It seems that this is what now distinguishes Ferrari from other makers. Treat your customer badly tease him with very expensive unobtainable cars and watch people get in line and talk about how great your cars are even though a mass marketer now has a car that is a performance equal for 40% of the price

21. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Performance is the only thing they have in common.

22. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Exactly! That is why I will always lust for a ferrari but drive a ZR-1 (2nd in line at my dealer).

23. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Hahahah ouch :D

24. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff

Yeah, but the GTR has all that and THEN SOME. Also useable every day. It's easy to make a sports cars, much harder to make a "daily car" that is also as good as the sports car. Oh..... it's 30K cheaper too.

25. vvvmd

vvvmd F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2003
    close to the Hub
    Full Name:
    Victor Villarreal
    I see no reason you couldn't drive a Z06 as a daily driver. Trunk is huge. Adjustable suspension wont knok your kidneys out. The GTR may have all wheel drive but it had to be one of the uglier cars at the show.