New Scuderia Killer?????????????? | Page 13 | FerrariChat

New Scuderia Killer??????????????

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BIG_DJE, Dec 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Would you buy the ZR-1

1. Yes for MSRP $100K est BEST DEAL EVER.

2. Yes and would pay over sticker for it

3. I would never drive GM JUNK

4. YES but would never tell my friends about it.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ZetteOh6

ZetteOh6 Karting

Aug 16, 2007
    New York City

Please, stfu. Seriously.

2. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005
    Give credit where credit is due... Bang for the buck GM nailed it.. Lots of HP lots of car for a low price... However, your comment on a lot of snobby people here is a bit premature.. There are a lot of Die Hard Ferrari fans here, duh... So they're mostly bias to Ferrari when it comes to other makes... Some appreciate all makes for what they are but something else you should get straight is that Ferrari doesn't compete in the "HP" wars and hasn't for quite some time. They dont' need to. What do they have to prove to GM, Porsche, Lambo etc???? Absolutely nothing!! They are constantly bettering themselves and this is pretty obvious on the track (F1). Something GM wouldnt dare take part in... Also, when it comes to #'s think about the tiny displacement motors that produce immese HP from the Ferrari's.... If you look at GM or dodge (Viper)for that matter, they are using twice the displacement...
    For example - 3.6 liter (Ferrari modena) = 400hp
    6.0 liter (c6) = 400hp
    4.3 liter - (F430) = just shy of 500hp
    7.0 liter - (Z06) = 510 hp
    8.3 liter - (05' Viper) = 500 hp

What i'm trying to say here is that Ferrari's engineering shouldnt be overlooked here... They have put many yrs, time and knowledge and racing experience into these little motors that pack quite a punch!!!
    Needless to say the corvette has made a powerful statement with the Z06 and the new Z model but lets not mix apples with oranges shall we??? This is something that is commonly done in high school.... I think we can all appreciate, what both cars have to offer....

3. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005
    LOL!!! That's because they were typically the only contenders!! LOL :)
    There wasnt too many other competitors in GT1 last year....

4. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

1+

5. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff

Did you see how fast the Nissan laps the Ring???? Almost as fast as a CarreraGT and as fast as the GT2 AND it's practical. IF the ZR1 goes faster by a few seconds, that still does not justify the extra 30k, rubbish interior and no practicality.

6. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    GTR is already on the market, people have already received their first cars. Look at the hp/kg ratio of the ZR1... it's not THAT amazing. Slightly less then a Scuderia.

7. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    I don't think the GTR will be more exotic. It's still just a Nissan and as such basically a hotwheels car, which it also look like ;)

Design have never and will never be a force for the Japanese.

As for sexappeal. I am not sure any supercars build outside Europe have any sexappeal. And even here I think it's limited to Italian cars and Aston Martin:D

8. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Practicality is not an issue when looking into a high performance vehicle like these. You want practicalilty buy a honda but if you want to laugh in the face of your neighbors ferrari you want the vette. Also in my opinion the Nring means nothing to me because not every GTR or ZR1 owner will get the chance to race at that particular track let alone put up the same numbers as tested. not all tracks are like the nring so it doesn't matter, one could put up better or worst numbers than as tested it really depends on the driver.

There's plenty of vettes out there and when I see one its no diffrent from looking at a camaro drive by. The Nissan will be something totally diffrent because america hasn't seen a car like the GTR ever and this will be totally diffrent from the vettes.

What about the Saleen S7?, Mosler? SSC aero, Viper? Ford GT? Its not limited to just euro or italian cars.

9. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Thought I answered the question, but I'll make it a little clearer for ya...............................NO!

10. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Its like dating the fat girl with a "good" personality

Feels good to be with but you know you really cant do much like show it off to your friends.

Antony

11. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    1-

I beg to differ because some fat girls can look better sometimes than those walking skelteons with skin, I can't believe people think girls like Paris hilton are sexy! :D WTF!!!.

It really depends on the persons needs more like it and regardless show it off to your friends :p They don't own gods gift to the road so you ain't got nothing to lose.

My point is everybodys needs is diffrent. :)

12. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    #312 AntonyR, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Wow not sure what to even say on that one. My eyes hurt now.

14. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    #314 Pantera, Jan 22, 2008
  15. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    haha sorry

16. cessnav8or

cessnav8or Formula 3

May 28, 2004
    Louisville, KY
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Well have there been no real competitors the last 8 years. Looking back they have held their own the last 8 years. 2000 had their worst finish of 10th so apparently there were a few competitors then. and they still managed to have a pretty good season. took 3rd and 4th at La Mans that year too. I like ferraris as much as anybody on here. But the Corvette is a nice car too and a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

17. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005

I agree, I like the vette. I love the older ones better but the new ones have come full circle. My previous post indicates this as well. There is much to appreciate in the new vettes and how competitive they have become over the years. However, my post was in remark to a post\argument, stating that Vette is competitive and they dominated last year. Well, thats not much of an arguement seeing as how they were the only competitor last year. Needless to say, vettes are great cars... :)

18. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
  19. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
  20. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #320 Dave328, Jan 24, 2008
  21. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    #321 KENCO, Jan 24, 2008
    Scud Killer? I do not think so, the new Vette is just a fast cushy plastic daily driver.

Now this is a real Scud Killer.............................
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Dude that will terminate anything if built and drivin the proper way :D even beats the Corvettes(C6, Z06 and ZR1) in terms of best bang for the buck deal in my opinion.

The Scud wouldn't be much of an issue to that thing, some of those are more than capable of laughing in the face of the SSC Aero and Veyron as well as a few bikes, tunercars I mean the damn food chain keeps going when you try and match that up against anything.

At the end of the day though its still has a Chevy under the hood so guess what Corvette>Scud :D.

23. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Maybe stupid question. But is that and what are the specs.

24. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Whatever you want it to be. Its a kitcar there are no offical specs on kitcars. As long as your check book permits only god knows what it will make.

25. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
    OK. That is had some specs then. So it could be 1000hp and weigh 1500 lbs then?