New Race Series with ALMS- Unlimited Racing Championships | Page 5 | FerrariChat

New Race Series with ALMS- Unlimited Racing Championships

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Andog, Sep 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    That's cool. I'm just sensitive when people dismiss historic racing as anything less than "real racing."

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I agree. made no sense from the word go.

hell for $500k you could buy competitive rides at Daytona, Sebring, Petit, etc and put yourself in the history books.

3. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #103 texasmr2, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
    I dig that man as my only intention was conservation of such historic race cars. Alot (90% of the time) of my original intent is not portrayed via this ^**^^%^ keyboard!!

I appreciate your input,
    Gregg

4. PCA Hack

PCA Hack Formula Junior

May 9, 2008
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    Have a look at these Goodwood videos - its awesome stuff. Hundreds of millions of $$$ worth of GTO's, Shelby Daytona's, 250 SWB's, AC Cobra's etc door to door sliding through corners and generally hammered like they were meant to be.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjs9K59gdHs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoQeHsQJ5t0[/ame]

5. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
  6. PCA Hack

PCA Hack Formula Junior

May 9, 2008
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    It takes a special breed of man to put those cars at risk but as long as they keep doing so I'll continue to watch.

7. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I have seen those shows and video's, awesome :), but those are "gentlemans races" in the context that they are not fighting for a championship such as in F1 etc etc etc and that is all I am trying to say, my point.

Regardless I want too think that the URC would be really cool.

I never meant too discredit anyones opinion and if my responses gave off that impression I apologize as that was never my intent. :)

8. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    I've spoken to competitors like Sandy McN, Ed D and Tony W and they keep saying that as long as it costs no more to fix accident damage on their GTO's than any other rare and unusual car (and as long as they are out with people who want to race hard but don't "lose their minds" out there), they'll keep running them.

No, the Historic Grand Prix crowd doesn't set records or run for millions of dollars in team or TV money, but the guys I've worked with have set competitive times and in places like the support races in Montreal, EVERY modern F1 team principle and crew have been hanging on the fence to watch every time they're out on track.

It's a cool deal.

I just don't think there was anything compelling about the UFC. New cars in old clothes had no allure over old cars in old clothes, the kind that might hurt or kill you if they're not treated with respect.

9. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Certainly you get alot more feeback from owners and know how they actually feel ;) and God Bless the owners of such rare and classic auto's that still allow them too collect racetrack "patina". Imho that only add's too the nostalgia/history of the car so on that note I apologize for my lack of communication earlier as we are all basically on the same page :).