New owner - hello and multi car insurance question | FerrariChat

New owner - hello and multi car insurance question

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by SimonUK1, Apr 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SimonUK1

SimonUK1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Simon D
    Firstly hello to everyone! I’ve finally taken the plunge and bought my first Ferrari so thought it was time to say hello and after spending months reading through posts!

I’ve loved Ferrari’s ever since I remember so it’s a boy hood dream to finally go from poster on the wall to car in the garage! It’s a 458 and I am struggling to contain my excitement!

It’s being delivered Wednesday and I need to get the insurance sorted yet. I was hoping someone might be able to help recommend a decent insurer to cover multiple vehicles? I’ve got an M3 and Range Rover and at the moment I’ve got those on 2 separate policies as that was cheaper than admiral multi car. If I put the Ferrari onto another separate policy then it’ll be at least another grand and I can’t believe there’s not a better way of insuring multiple cars. I’m hoping to add more cars in future so just want something simple and cost effective really so that I don’t have to go through this every time I buy a new car. Any recommendations?

Thanks

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome & enjoy the car - you might want to look at a UK based forum such as clubscuderia or pistonheads to get the broadest advice for multi car - be prepared for it to become an extended discussion of whether decent cars should be insured with general providers such as Admiral !

3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Ferrari Owners Club has a scheme with Locktons, probably worth a try.

Gary Stubbs Cert CII
    Client Manager
    Private Clients Division
    Lockton Companies LLP
    45 Church Street
    Birmingham
    B3 2RT
    Direct Tel: +44 (0)121 232 4583
    E-mail: [email protected]

4. jagmanv12

jagmanv12 Karting

Aug 25, 2010
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
  5. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    I use Mannings, have done since TVR days as they offered track cover. I'm only about £300 for the 348. Possibly because we're both old!

6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Classic line, they do my RR, 812 and Daytona, It worked out a lot cheaper than Loctons and ABI, well for me anyway.

7. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    I use NFU and have 6 ferraris +a few other cars with them for a very reasonable premium.

8. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    I've used both ClassicLine and AiB. Currently for me AiB were by and far the cheapest on two cars I insure with them.

9. Y not

Y not Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    G2
    AiB with a Dual Aurum policy covering multiple cars including whilst in storage, multiple addresses and agreed values on the cars. Had a hiscox policy through them previously. Cheaper than insuring the cars separately and better cover.

10. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Give Aviva a ring, i get my 430 and rav4 on a multicar policy for next to nothing

jam_Uk likes this.
  11. marklintott

marklintott Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    Taipei Taiwan / Somerset UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Lintott
    Bit late to the party but I have 6 odds and sods on a footman James multi car policy. About 500quid including a Ferrari, Alfa and a jag and 1930 Austin. Limited miles and outside London though.

Mark