New Ninja 250R $3500! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

New Ninja 250R $3500!

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Akira, Sep 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Whats the difference!? Have you fallen on dirt at 25MPH? It hurts (a lot) especially if the terrain isn't level. "Falling" at 70MPH on level tarmac ain't that bad (but still a painful) unless it was a "High side". Most typical low side injuries will include (but not limited to) road rash and/or bruising. A high side injury is a different story.

2. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I have crashed at 60 mph on the dirt (dirt-tracker style highside) and 15 mph on the street (embarrassing lowside), I'll take the dirt.

3. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    I've highsided at 60 and ended up with a few broken bones (Sears Point, turn 8), low sided at 150 (Daytona banking), and walked away without a scratch (just felt like someone had pounded the crap out of me). Fallen at 15 mph on the dirt, and ended up with a broken Humuris (sp). Bottom line, falling can break stuff and slow speed (under 100mph) is what usually brakes stuff, not high speed.

Art

4. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Dude, I broke my back racing Moto-X trust me it ALL hurts, but getting hit by a 4000# car doing 60 vs. slamming yourself into a berm or casing it on a double or triple, I'll take the dirt! Not to mention if you do more flat tracking type stuff (high sides do SUCK) at least you REALLY get to learn about hanging the tail out and sliding the bike around.

James

5. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    +1 Exactly my point! In '98, I was involved in a very minor (no more than 20KPH) spill that broke my lower right leg in multiple places but the Duc was fine. Then in Y2K, a buch of the Desmo guys and I were on a high speed run. I was "clipped" while doing approx. 185KPH. My 916SP was totalled but I walked away with just a bruised bum and ego!

6. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Im mostly "Titaniumed" myself from both dirt and tarmac. I prefer not spilling at all! I have a KTM Duke and would happily race you sideways, dirt or asphalt! :D Whomever it was considering purchasing the new 250cc bike is probably scared stiff by now! :D:D:D

7. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The next thread will be "Thinking of getting a bus pass"

8. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    ^^^^^

Enjoyed the post just above this one too!

I have people say stuff all the time (since I am in a wheelchair from the accident) like I must hate motorcycles now and stuff like that. Or, could I warn their kids off of them and stuff... I am like NO WAY, as soon as some one puts together a bike for me air shifter and retractible landing gear I am freaking BACK ON TWO WHEELS BABY! I miss my Hurricane like nothing else...well, ok there is ONE OTHER thing that I miss more but this is not the place for that conversation... suffice to say you just have to learn to do things differently when you have a Spinal Cord Injury! ;-)

James
    Austin, TX

9. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    My hero, I salute you sir! :D

10. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well thank you BUT, you need to check out Stuart Goddard out in CA... He has ALREADY DONE IT! I just can't get him to take a few pics of how his engineering friend got it done! He had the set up on a CBR900RR for quite a few years! He was even racing the Aprillia Cup for a year or so! He would qualify mid pack, but his friends would have to hold him up on the grid (no landing gear on the race bike) so he would have to start at the very back of the field. He got taken out in one race and messed him up a bit more than he had been messed up before! SUCK!

I don't need to race a bike... I have already done that...road and dirt, but I would like a 'Busa! Easy to lower so I would have an easier time getting on and off it. If we lengthened it a bit it might make for more room for the landing gear stuff too!

11. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Yes but he's not on FChat! :D I wonder if my other hero Mr. Wayne Rainey is aware of this? Im sure he'd love to get back on a bike too.

12. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Wayne signed his biography for me! What a racer he was!! AMAZING! Yea, Stewart is not here on F/Chat, but I am sure he would enjoy it as much as I have if he were. I would think someone who knows Wayne would have had some exposure to Stewart somewhere along the way...

J

13. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Sorry about your accident. At least you were having fun when it happened instead of getting hit by a bus or something. Have you thought about doing 2 up track days? I'm sure you could find a friend that you could ride with. There may be some trouble getting the organizers to let you on the track but there is a waiver for everything these days. What about a trike for the street. Plenty of room for a wheel chair and the airshifter is easy. I know it is not quite the same experience but still better than driving a cage. (Unless, that cage is a 928) I hope you get back on a bike one way or another. Good luck my friend.

14. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    #64 Pcar928fan, Feb 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks. One of these days I'll get back on a bike! No doubt about it! No rush though. Having fun all the time. The 928's are a ball and I look forward to adding a Ferrari to the fold later this year. I have probably driven 10,000 or more on track I guess now. LOVE IT! Here is a shot of my race car...one of these days I will get a T-Rex too! Those look like a HOOT! Still there is nothing quite like tilting the horizon on a motorcycle. Been tilting it a little in the air, but that is not quite the same either!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    You got a fire hazzard in between the 928GT and the Red C2! :D

16. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yea, you got that right! That is the shop that did the last bit of work on my race car. That is not my garage...I think my garage is bigger actually. Not really, but close! LOL!

James
    Austin, TX

17. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I had a 924 when I was younger and I have always like the P-cars. I have been considering a 944 or a 928 lately but I don't want to take my eyes off the F-car prize. I have the Ducati to keep me entertained for the time being and I don't think my wife will let me have a toy car and a toy bike at the same time. Although she did say she might let me race if I was driving a car instead of the bike.

18. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The new super fun PCA class is the 944 Cup class I think it is called. It is not the stock class so you strip the car out, but you can't jack w/ the motor and suspension changes are very limited. FUN TIME and CHEAP (well as racing goes anyway...though not cheap like Spec Miata or RX7, but getting close!)

928's are GREAT CARS! I currently own 6 of them and just love them! I have '81, '84S, '88S4, '92GTS (Euro, only one in USA), '94GTS, and the race car which is based on an '80 Euro S. I highly recommend them, and if I were to have only one it would probably be an '88 or '89 S4, I think those are the best of the performance to dollar ratio cars and you can get them anywhere from about $13k on up to $30k (VERY low mile '89 S4's) or if you can talk a friend out of his (he also owns a boat load of Ferrari's and other Porsches) a virtually NEW (like 367 miles) '89 928 GT...he would probably sell it to you for $125k! YEOW!

Best,
    James

19. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    A friend of mine hurt his legs pretty bad in a bike accident to the point where he really had almost no movement in them. He could walk very slow with a cane. He had the brakes linked on his bike (similar to the Honda VTX setup) so the front actuated the rear. He also had an up-down airshifter. So all he use his legs for was to steady himself at a stop. I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to do that right? I saw a setup with "training wheels" that came down when the bike was slow/stopped and retracted above 5-10mph. What about something like that? My buddy rode his R1 with the airshift and linked brakes - he was damn fast too!

20. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    Mick Doohan's (past) ride (NSR500) had a thumb actuated rear brake that was developed for him after they re-attached his leg. He lost some movement but eventually regained it after years of therapy. I too had a similar experience (losing mobility) a few months after the implant on my lower right leg. Now it performs just like it did but it took years of major therapy to get to where Im at. Good luck to your buddy man!

21. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    What you describe is EXACTLY what I am looking for! Put that on a lowered Hyabusa (normal sport bikes are just to tall for me to get on...a low rider 'busa might still be to tall...but it is the only sport bike that will be CLOSE, of course I know that will ruin the handling...though that is not really why you get a 'busa anyway but you do what you have to do) and I would be ALL OVER THAT!

James