NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 26 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    This doesn't surprise me one bit. I mean the evidence is there in sf90 - inexcusable. It's like the titanic charging full steam toward an ice berg in full view. Some things cannot be helped.

of2worlds likes this.
  2. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Another exemple idea from the outside. Do you really know how is born the CS ?
    One day , Mr Marin ex CEO of Pozzi dealership call to LCDM and said " Luca, our customers want to go more often on tracks with their 360 but it s not very well adapted, what do you think ? " He said "ok, we will do what it takes..." and they improvise and produce the CS two years later !!!

sampelligrino and of2worlds like this.
  3. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    Since all of you guys profess that you know how to run the most famous car marque in the world better than the current executives. Why don’t you put your money were your mouth is an apply to work at Maranello and then show the shareholders how your genius strategy has sold more cars and bigger profits.

The ultimate folly was to call Ferrari “reactive followers” then talk about the SF90 in the same breathe.

The SF90 sits in an entirely new segment, that has been created by these “followers” that you speak of.

The SF90 is the FIRST regular production luxury hybrid super sports car. It is the FIRST regular production car to have a MGU-K derived straight from an F1 car. This is called innovation, not reactive following. Just look at how AMG are struggling to integrate their F1 tech into their road car.

It is an actual game-changer because suddenly the completion have to go away and design a challenger that would not have been in their business plan. The is called market leadership, not trend following.

Not to mention Ferrari’s performance financially which is incredible, only Bentley have greater profit margins per car sold.

But yeah. Clearly those executives and designers at Maranello don’t know what they are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

x z8, 4re4ever, stavura and 6 others like this.
  4. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    SF 90 is a piece of BS for an enthuasiast who like Ferrari s engine, history, and feed back.
    You have an extorior view, up to date view more precisly

MANDALAY, Shadowfax, LMH and 2 others like this.
  5. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Exactly , it change 3 times by days, but you don t know that...
    If they don t have the badge and history , they don t sell half than they re actually selling

MANDALAY, Shadowfax and of2worlds like this.
  6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    LdM is playing with trains. He should be back at the helm of Ferrari!
    SM was merely good at reading the bottom line but cut corners to get there...

7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    But SM was LdM's boss and fired him

8. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Yes, because he has always refuse the introduction to the stock markets

MANDALAY likes this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    It would seem 'fired' is a rather transitory term. LdM has come and gone from Ferrari a number of times; being hand picked by Enzo Ferrari...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

MANDALAY and Shadowfax like this.
  10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Not up to LdM John Elkann is the owner and SM was his operating chief

11. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Enzo did sell 90% of his company to Agnelli - So middle management are No the ultimate deciders of company direction when it comes to the big picture

of2worlds likes this.
  12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    i respect your insider knowledge and your passion for Ferrari but some of the complaints about LB and BB seem akin to the nostalgia that the 458 crowd holds on to. Everything new bad. Everything old, slow and loud good.

I think SF 90 is interesting for ferrari. I’m more excited about LB and what it has to offer.

13. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Times change. The era of mid-engine NA V8's is over, and now hybridization has come. Eventually it will be all electric, and those cars will perform better than any ICE car. I'm old and uninterested in a hybrid Ferrari, but the younger guys seem to like them. I find the tech interesting but uninspiring, but that's okay. I love my manual 360 and am about to get a manual 456M. And they are very affordable now, so I win. :)

I don't care for the SF90's looks, so I hope LB takes more after the Roma design language. I'm sure it will be an awesome performer.

LMH and F2003-GA like this.
  14. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Anyone have any speculation on what LB could be named or when it could be announced?

15. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Fiero GT ...:D

MANDALAY, F2003-GA and G. Pepper like this.
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    F6

sampelligrino and Shadowfax like this.
  17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :p

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    F6 Electrico

of2worlds likes this.
  19. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Nowadays, it s not the same brand .
    It s not a nostalgia problem, it s more simple, i like mecanics, hadling, sound and history in the most natural concept.
    Actually, natural is leaving and artificial is the brand new standart...
    It was possible for Ferrari making another choices. To many thinks are throw away !
    When you buy a Ferrari, you need to have pleasure for the 5 senses. I m specking about " emotion " and that s why i choose to pay the price.
    I don t need an ego car, and i don t need a car to look more beautiful or successul. I like to drive and today with this kind of disposable products ( SF 90 ) ,this is no longer the case !

20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    They could call it the F6 Sumo.:D

of2worlds likes this.
  21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Some would like to call it the F6 Sucko. Lol

22. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    Maybe because extreme version of already extreme models, for track days it’s Porsche tradition? Not Ferrari.
    Which cars in “culture of the brand” have extreme versions of extreme version?
    360 cs RS? 430 Scud Very Scud? 458 speciale super special?

Ferrari make best cars for real world, roads and streets. And on the roads 458/488/f8 better then gt3, gt2, etc. Pista better then gt2rs on the road and have no ugly wings and air ducts, panda colours.
    And don’t forget about challenge and gt3 cars, if you love track.

and it’s not good for customer. for example you buy AMG GTS. One year, and it’s not good already, now You need AMG GTR, after AMG GTR PRO, and after AMG GTR Black series.

Senna1994 likes this.
  23. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    Ferrari says they making new cars on modular principles. If so, it’s very possible give to customers min 2 versions. 1. Only ICE and rwd, and 2. + electric motors on front wheels = more power + AWD.
    it’s not too difficult to engineer 2 cars. For example Ferrari already have 2 lusso: powerful v12 awd, and light and nimble v8 rwd.
    Also Lambo have rwd and awd huracans, Porsche rwd and AWD Carrera, new m3-m4 rwd and AWD variants, etc.

Senna1994 and 9nb like this.
  24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Those at the top are NOT always right. There are many design fiascoes that have happened around the world, gee look at politics. The outright power explosion that has advanced in the past few years is ridiculous. The emissions are so low that Ferrari could have and should have held of the electric for another 5 years at least. And there you write the thing that's pushing all this in your second sentence " share holders " .STUFFED IT RIGHT UP

Shadowfax and of2worlds like this.
  25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    IMOLA 6 ;)
    ;);););)

of2worlds and 9nb like this.