New Here | Page 7 | FerrariChat

New Here

Discussion in 'Australia' started by kryten2001, Apr 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Next was 2 goes with the leather cleaner, and after that I gave it 3 applications of the leather treatment (leaving 1 hour between each treatment). The first treatment dried in about 30 seconds, the second about 10 mins, and the third I had to wipe dry - so i can see what you guys meant about drawing in the liquid.

It came up looking really good. Lots of the old dried cracks just disappeared.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Steve355F1, kerrari, greg246 and 2 others like this.
  2. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Then it was onto the door cards. They already looked quite good but the cleaner really drew out some muck that you only realised was there after it was cleaned.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Then I gave all the carpets and mats a good clean with shampoo. This was a bit of of a bugger of a job but it came up really nice once done.

knocker and Cyt like this.
  4. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

kryten2001 likes this.
  5. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

DMWC, Its328, Steve355F1 and 3 others like this.
  6. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

There's still some wear marks here and there but I think I'll probably be able to just get those spot treated. The handbrake boot really does need a total overhaul though. I'll be taking that one in for a dye treatment I think.

7. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Noice!

kryten2001 likes this.
  8. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Geez you're keen!

kryten2001 likes this.
  9. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Yeah I'm pretty tired right now, but there are worse things to do on a Sunday!

I tell ya, 1 month ago I didn't think I'd be doing this :D

Now I'm going to focus on the detail. Calipers need a treatment, as do a few of the buttons on the console. The area near the shifter is clean but a few switches have got the stickies.

Cyt likes this.
  10. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Great work.
    You’ll have to get rid of the extra badges on the interior if you plan on concoursing it. You should replace the HVAC overlay as well. They look much better when not bubbled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kryten2001 likes this.
  11. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    30k trip to the garage wow that’s a bill you only want to see once in a lifetime and remember, all said and done it’s a car and it will run fantastic if it’s driven, try not to leave it in the shed for months, we all try to get together for a drive when possible, it would be great to see your new obsession out and about It looks really nice, well done

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

kryten2001 likes this.
  12. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    You’d cry if you saw My seats

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

kryten2001 likes this.
  13. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Looking good man, I don't have the interest, patience or time to clean cars like this. :)

kryten2001 likes this.
  14. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Yeah it was a big job...

Along with the major it had oil leaks fixed, new engine mounts, rear discs (I just did the front), painted rockers, painted oil reservoir, replaced/repaired the majority of the undertray, new MAFs and had the shock absorbers overhauled. New plugs, idle motors (what are they?), CV Boots, new CV heat shields and a load of other things that I don't even know what they mean..

So the hard work has been done for the time being, I'm hoping.

I did also manage to fix an ABS issue that had been plaguing it for years so I'm pretty happy about that.

knocker and MAD828 like this.
  15. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Yeah sadly I think the Ferrari is the perfect car for me. I'm that guy who obsesses with cleaning and maintenance time.

There are those way worse than me out there I can assure you!... I just like things to be the way they were, it's more of a time capsule that way.

16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Can you tell us more about that please?

17. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    The interior is fantastic with those seats in that colour combination. The seats have been retrimmed in the past from the pics imo. The grain is different and the stitching is not straight. The carbon seats are a lot easier to recover than the stock seats just need to find someone really good who can also emboss their Cavallino correctly.

Overall car looks great. Keep it up.

kryten2001 likes this.
  18. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Looks quite fantastic. Don’t forget the steering wheel.

kryten2001 likes this.
  19. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Yours is a very early car too with the twin fuel filters. You might want to update the power steering reservoir as that old style one is known to leak and be a fire hazard. I swapped mine out. They are a BMW part so just buy one of those instead of the one in the yellow box that costs 4x as much.

kryten2001 likes this.
  20. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Do they look the same? What's the difference?

21. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Sure..

The issue started about 15 years ago (!!) whereby the ABS light would intermittently come on, go off, come back on again. The last owner told me that even though the light came on the ABS would still be working (which I know isn't/shouldn't be the case, but anyway...).

He had been trying to resolve it with 2 different mechanics. The last mechanic told him that it was most likely either the ABS ECU or the main hydraulic block and quoted him $6k to replace the ECU and $15k to replace the hydraulic block. This is the point where he pretty much cracked the shirts with it and gave up trying to fix it.

As retentive as I am I took that on as a bit of a challenge LOL.

I did a heap of reading and discovered that many dodgy ECU readings can be caused by bad sensors.. Checked all those (spun wheels and tested voltage etc), all good.. Then I managed to find an ECU (NOS) for $900 and fitted it. The lights then went out and came back on again a few days later... They did generally stay off more than on however, unlike before. Whether the replacement ECU had any impact, I do not know....

Anyway I then came across a video on YouTube where a dude with a 348 was having the exact same problem. His (The guy on youtube) issue was resolved by pulling apart the diode box near the high pressure pump and replacing a burnt out diode. Mine had the exact same issue!

I needed some help with that (and a few other issues with the high pressure hydraulic pump) that the guys over here in Barbagallo sorted me out with.. Now no dash lights!

Original owner is surprised and I think a bit frustrated it was fixed so quickly after he toiled with it for so long.

Italian electrics huh!

I'm amazed there's such good resources out there. The community really is a godsend.

knocker, kerrari and greg246 like this.
  22. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Cool! Love stories like that. What a head**** it would have been for the previous owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Yeah I think he was pretty surprised. I had it sorted within a few weeks of owning it thanks largely to this community. For a car that only a few thousand still own, there sure is an amazing amount of knowledge and support out there.

greg246 likes this.
  24. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Oh man don't use the word fire and F355 in the same sentence. It just seems to keep on coming up!

Thanks for the tip. Where is the reservoir located?

25. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

You're killing me. My OCD is now on overdrive.