360 - New first time 360 owner! Car incoming. | Page 16 | FerrariChat

360 New first time 360 owner! Car incoming.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Todd Laing, Jul 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    thank you.. its all good ..after 25 years of CA and FL "winters" im right where i want to be.

tomc and armedferret like this.
  2. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mine cooling down after a nice brisk afternoon drive. Was about 40 degrees before the sun went down! I absolutely love driving with the top down. I have made a pack with myself to only drive with the top down! I know I have said it before but damn the car is such a joy to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If you never put it up you don't have to worry if it decides it doesn't want to go up some day. (it's Italian after all ;)) :D

Kind of like doing the manual top conversion on the 355 but with less labor involved :D

Todd Laing and Need4Spd like this.
  4. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Need4Spd likes this.
  5. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    My first Ferrari was a Grigio Titanio 360 which I bought in 2000, It blew my mind and I have been an avid Ferrari guy for 20 years now, totally absorbed with buying and restoring cars from 1960 thorough the F8 I am waiting for. I love to see fellow Ferrari fans enjoying their cars, Ferrari's never die they just find new caretakers! I recently purchased a CS as the 360 is just one of my favorite cars, I am glad to be behind the wheel of a 360 again.

6. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    That's kinda what I was thinking. I work it up and down every now and then just to keep it going. But I always hold my breath when I push it. LOL

armedferret likes this.
  7. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I would *LOVE* a spider for my first, as I fully intend to drive the pants off and DIY as much as humanly possible maintenance-wise. But I know that obtaining the banker's okay means a compromise at SOME point and removing that potential gremlin from the future will go leaps and bounds toward final approval, so I've reminded myself to keep it to a hardtop and see where that leads. ;)

Few things on the planet are as exhilarating as an open-top F-car on some winding mountain roads. Everyone should be so lucky!!

Apollo 11, Maine57S1 and Todd Laing like this.
  8. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I had always thought I would enjoy top down driving but man it does make a huge difference. It you are not going for ultimate speed or handling( which I have since grown out of) it can not be beat. Nothing like a beautiful day and a nice driving road to calm the nerves! LOL. I'm now looking for a Diablo Roadster to add to the garage next. Got the gated manual bug going bad now.!

9. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Heart reacts only. :D

Todd Laing likes this.
  10. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I used to be afraid of my top until I really got to know the inner workings and replaced the failed and failing components like elastics and seeping hydraulics. Now, the top is in excellent working order and I am not even concerned about operating it.

Like everything in these cars, it's the fear of the unknown that gets you. Once the unknown becomes the known, the fear goes away and is replaced by a much more satisfying emotion.

RedMetal, Stev-o, Ruz1 and 5 others like this.
  11. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That's what I've been seeing more and more as I spend time here. Folks like you, Dan (whattheheck), Scottslaw, and several others have helped me WAY more than you'll probably realize, just in my passing time by going through older threads just to absorb. It's always been in my nature to vacuum up information about something before jumping in (the fewer surprises the better) and I've no doubt topless is in the future. Start in the shallow end and all that. ;)

Todd Laing and EastMemphis like this.
  12. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    I love the blue!! Can't own cars like these and be afraid of service that's for sure. If that's the case the Honda Civic is a very nice reliable ride. LOL. I guess its the old no pain no gain thing. But once the top is down and you are clinking through the gears you don't really care about that stuff.

armedferret likes this.
  13. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
  14. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing

Looks like fun. The wife and I took ours out Saturday as well. Was pretty cold but the heater does a great job of keeping warm even with the top down.! We are still loving the car. So far she runs like a top and never fails to put a smile on my face!! I try to drive her at least once a week more if possible. But with how busy life is its amazing that that can be hard to do. LOL

15. BDM348

BDM348 Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 14, 2020
    Plymouth, Mi
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Hey all- I just purchased my first Ferrari 360 Spider in December. I’ve enjoyed reading this entire thread and I have to say I’m envious of those of you in warmer climates,as you can enjoy your babies now . Unfortunately the weather in Michigan is less than cooperative for a drive in January. I did manage to sneak in a 10 mile run after she came back from the annual service last week, tho! Been spending quite a bit of time in the garage the past few weeks!

16. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing

Beautiful car brother! I love those wheels! And the color is perfect! I know what you mean about staying in the garage! I just about can’t walk by mine without wiping her down just a a little or find my self just going out for a look! Lol! Hopefully the weather breaks so you can get some drive time in!

DiabloTerr and armedferret like this.
  17. BDM348

BDM348 Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 14, 2020
    Plymouth, Mi
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Thanks! Your car looks great, too! I do the same thing when I walk by mine. Always peeking under the cover! This is the longest winter ever. Sun’s out today. Too bad it’s only 20°

armedferret and Todd Laing like this.
  18. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Yeah that’s a little too cold! We have taken her out top down in the 40s(with sunshine) but 20 I don’t think so! Lol

BDM348 likes this.
  19. BDM348

BDM348 Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 14, 2020
    Plymouth, Mi
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Just had to go out and take a look today. Had the challenge grille installed when it was serviced last week. Love the contrast against the silver.

20. Todd Laing

Todd Laing Karting

Jun 15, 2020
    Mena Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Todd Laing
    Looks like you have upgraded air intakes as well! Mine is pretty much stock other than the exhaust! I bet that grill also helps with cooling! Man they put off some heat!

BDM348 likes this.
  21. BDM348

BDM348 Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 14, 2020
    Plymouth, Mi
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    PO installed the Carbonio intakes. Looks sweet, IMO. I’m usually not big on aftermarket mods, but these suit the car, as does the Tubi exhaust!

Todd Laing likes this.
  22. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    Beautiful spec! It should be a fun spring and summer in Michigan, looks like there’s a bunch of new Ferrari 360 owners. Mine still has the tubi as well, But I ordered an S line Exhaust. Looking forward to figuring out which one sounds better. I’ll probably start seeing you at the Michigan Ferrari club events very soon Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BDM348 likes this.
  23. BDM348

BDM348 Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 14, 2020
    Plymouth, Mi
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Thanks! Your car and color combo look great. I like your plate, too. Hope to have my personalized plate soon. I like the Tubi sound on my spider, but have had limited time to enjoy it so far. From reading up on the different exhaust options, seems like they are all nice options, depending on the sound level you prefer. See you soon!

DiabloTerr likes this.
  24. MexicoBlue

MexicoBlue Rookie

Nov 5, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Russ
    #399 MexicoBlue, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    Hey Todd. Beautiful car. I saw that you are in Arkansas. I just purchased a silver 6-speed 360 coupe. Should be delivered to me in Little Rock in about ten days. Would love to meet up some time. - Russ

25. Stev-o

Stev-o Karting

Sep 18, 2020
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    Stev-o de Italiano!
    Where's Todd? Depressed 'cause it's winter and cant drive the Spider?!

Ice storm down here, the Spider unfortunately not leaving the garage this weekend.

BDM348 likes this.