NEW FERRARI EVENT IN WILLIAMSBURG VA! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

NEW FERRARI EVENT IN WILLIAMSBURG VA!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by bighitter2, Feb 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCM

SCM Karting

Aug 27, 2007
    Richmond
    Welcome to the local, very informal, Ferrari owners' crew! We've got a couple of morning gettogethers sort of, maybe, (as usual) scheduled for the next couple of months. Send me a PM of your e-mail address, and I'll put you on the list.

2. crinaldi

crinaldi Rookie

May 5, 2010
    Thanks Wayne (and Steve, James, Rex and Jim) for your help, flexibility, company and cars. You guys are AWESOME!!!

3. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Claudia,
    Sorry I missed the show, I tried to come on Saturday, but got a late start and didn't make it. Hope it all went well.

4. jfortner

jfortner Karting

Apr 28, 2010
    Lanexa, VA
    Full Name:
    Joe A Fortner
    Welcome aboard! I am hosting a Virginia Historic Plantation Tour on 28 April. Details are on the FCA-MAR web site or PM me at [email protected] I'd love to have you in the event.
    JAF

Life is good; it's better if you're driving a Ferrari.

5. bighitter2

bighitter2 Formula Junior

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    #80 bighitter2, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    went to the Richmond Motor Trend Auto Show this weekend the Ferraris were awesome and got this picture of 'the lineup' of great looking 'prancing ponies' that were there promoting the Ferraris On The James at Kingmill Resort in Williamsburg in october..any new Ferrari owners in Richmond want to be put on our list for upcoming cars and coffee PM me .Chuck Coli
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. bighitter2

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    Stan, I participated in all 4 of the FOTV events and I cannot think of a negative thing to say about any of them ..not to say they all did not have different flavors..My Experience was the Winery and staff bent over backwards to make the Event special for Us..I find any excuse to take my car out for 'weekend event' of Ferraris and Ferrari owners is a 'Gift' especially having it in my own back yard... after shipping my car back to Monterey for the The Concorso Italiano 5 times since 2001 hell the cost of the whole FOTV weekend won't cover even ONE WAY shipping to Monetery ...I am sorry you had a negative experience...if you come to Kingsmill look me up ..lets hangout and have a glass a wine and look at some Ferraris..Chuck Coli

7. e46m3

e46m3 Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    DC
    Full Name:
    Ravi
    Might have seen your car out in Monterey! I've had the privilege of running out west for the past two years. While I don't have an F-car of my own, got to run around town in a friend's Scuderia for most of Friday and Saturday this year.

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4151/4999982449_a35a662666_b.jpg

i dont know how to delete previous uploaded photos on here, but it won't let me upload anymore d/t the fact I'm not "silver/rossa subscribed." Oh well.

8. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Was that pic taken on Thurs afternoon after the Quail? If so see if you can find a pic of a VW minivan following an F40.

9. MalteseVA

MalteseVA Karting

Oct 7, 2008
    Hey Chuck,

I think you convinced me to bring one of the cars to the Williamsburg event in October.

10. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Now we might have to come down for that!

11. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Please do. :)

12. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    FOTV #1 was in 2009. The winery held the event again in 2010 and 2011, but not this year. That would make three FOTVs, as far as I know. Did I miss one?

A number of us who participated in FOTVs 1 and 2 didn't bother with #3 for a number of reasons, including some negative issues (at least IMO) at FOTV #2. We all have different opinions and perspectives, of course.

13. e46m3

e46m3 Karting

Jul 20, 2006
    DC
    Full Name:
    Ravi
    No, I took that photo in 2010 after Concorso Italiano (F40 Anniversary celebration!!!), which was a Friday. Either way, my friend knew the owner of the F40 with the LM bits and Enkei wheels to fit the LM brakes, who was with us that evening. A Testarossa and F430 moved to different parking spots for Vijay's F40 to fit in on Ocean Ave.

not the best shot, but it's still an F40.
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1731/dsc09104b.jpg

the yellow car in the background is a Vector W8.

this is what was in front of me on the way from Concorso to Carmel. needless to say, I had a pretty good day.
    http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8982/dsc09072.jpg

14. bighitter2

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    Hi Claudia, I will be cleaning the Daytona and getting it ready for 'Kingsmill On The James' any more info on the Event? Thank you Chuck

15. crinaldi

crinaldi Rookie

May 5, 2010
    Hi Chuck! We're getting the weekend package loaded in our system (the first step in any successful event in the hospitality world :)), so I will send out an email to past attendees next week. Can't wait to see you and your car!

16. bighitter2

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    Hi Don,sorry you are correct there were 3 FOTV events not 4..I was at Kingmill last monday and meet with Claudia Rinaldi,she was gracious enough to give Minh and Myself a tour as we had not been there before..it is an empressive Resort ,and where Claudia is planning to place the cars reminds me very much of the times the Concorso Italiano was at the Quail Lodge in Monterey..18th hole in front of the Clubhouse..we will be staying in one bed room apartments with beautiful expansive veiws of the James River, i saw an outdoor pool and indoor pool for the kids.. work out room, at least 3 maybe 4 resturants,shops golf and a Spa for the ladies!A Special Guest is in the works and the itinerary looks Full and Fun..i just sent in my application this morning,we would like to see 50 Ferraris... I hope you come this year it would be nice to catch up!..this appears to be a Fun ,Intimate,Ferrari Only Event that will Cater to US F-Car owners..the most fun i can think of outside of shipping my car to Monterey in august..Chuck

17. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    I was very much so looking forward to this years FOTV event with the theme focusing on the rivalry between Ferrari and Lamborghini. After a long thorough analysis back and forth between a Scud and LP550-2, I went with the Lamborghini. Any chance this event is going to be open to Lamborghini owners as well?

18. Bobbytinvab

Bobbytinvab Karting

Jan 22, 2010
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Full Name:
    Bob T
    Nora and I attended the last two FOTV events and look forward to FOTJ this fall. Kingsmill is a very cool place, great stay and lots to do. We're signed up and ready to go. I hope anyone reading this will take a look at the website and consider attending ... it should be a great weekend.

Bob

19. jfortner

jfortner Karting

Apr 28, 2010
    Lanexa, VA
    Full Name:
    Joe A Fortner
    Kathie and I are already signed up for FotJ. I have some fliers I got from Claudia which I will pass out at Warbirds and Ferraris this coming Saturday.
    JAF

Life is good; it's better if you're driving a Ferrari.

20. bighitter2

May 7, 2005
    virginia usa
    Full Name:
    chuck coli
    Bob, we have signed up also, will be there with the Daytona..Chuck Coli who else is coming?

21. SCM

SCM Karting

Aug 27, 2007
    Richmond
    My wife, Andy, and I will be there too. We look forward to seeing everyone and to having a great time. - Steve

22. crinaldi

crinaldi Rookie

May 5, 2010
    #97 crinaldi, Aug 14, 2012
    Hi Piper -- If you're still interested, we'd love to see you at Kingsmill in October!
    www.FerrarisOnTheJames.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. crinaldi

crinaldi Rookie

May 5, 2010
    #98 crinaldi, Aug 14, 2012
  24. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    ding-dag-nabbit! I have plans that weekend. Would love to get back to the 'burg sometime, but cannot make that weekend.

Maybe for Wm. & Mary homecoming, if anyone will be around then.

25. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    W&M alum, I take it? What class?

Anyway, I'll be there Sunday! I'm really looking forward to it!