New Ferrari Convert | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New Ferrari Convert

Discussion in '360/430' started by SlowScud, Oct 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SignatureJames

SignatureJames Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    I did the same move. The GT3’s sole purpose is to be tracked. Well the 997 generation at least. The 991 with PDK introduced AMG or lateral Lamborghini graduates that love to brag about their options & PTS dealership standings while showing off Pictures of their cars parked in their garages rather than drive it because they’re worried about resale value for when the “.2” Comes out and the allocation game. The track was probably the only time I enjoyed. Maybe a few technical canyon runs. But with my limited free time, I still seek a capable point A to point B enjoyment and i felt the GT3 was underwhelming as it needed to get up to revs to howl with the X pipe. Not to mention the school bus brake noise. But I agree. The GT3 is a sterile German surgical tool to perform consistently for precision required surgical driving. The Scuderia is an eventful opera from idle, low speed to rev pull so you tend to forget the build quality woes that you’ll miss from Porsche. But it still has the pedigree of formula 1 intent for balance & handling. While it may be the perfect girl on paper, but how many times did we all have more fun dating the wrong type of girl?

2. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    Yup! That’s the one.

3. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    Agree. 997 culture is very different than 991 culture. 991s are still good cars but the ownership experience isn't the same. If I ever go back to Porsche it will be 997 and send off to sharwerks guys. Those cars are wild.

SignatureJames likes this.
  4. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I wonder if that’s Stuart’s replacement Scud he bought as a replacement after HARVEY? If so I got his 5400 mile one.

5. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    First off congrats. Enjoy the hell out of it.
    I too was a long time 911 guy--- over 35 years. The last one I had was a wonderful feat of engineering as the last air cooled engine made by Porsche. But with that said the car was almost too predictable and too easy to drive hard. I always felt "safe" on the track. I know that is kind of hard to understand and sounds crazy wrong. But when I got into my Ferrari 360 (traded my last 911 in on it) I was reborn. The drives were visceral and engaging. And while my track days are behind me, I think, for my capabilities, the Ferrari would be a handful on the track unlike the 911 that was precise and so very capable.

Yet, still, I don't miss my 911-- which at first surprised me as I had a lot of anxiety about the move to Ferrari. The Ferrari is a road car for me. And since it will never see the track it is perfect for what I want in my "fun" sports car.

Be safe, enjoy, and rack up the miles.;)

Apollo 11 likes this.
  6. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Appreciate the comparisons. Love it when car guys effuse over driving. And let us not forget (at least not me) that it is precisely that F1 provenance, imperfections and all, that makes owning an F car so special. Practically no other builder can claim this richness of “go fast” character other than perhaps Bruce McLaren and the cars that followed.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Apollo 11 likes this.
  7. NYFAIM

NYFAIM Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2015
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Howard R.
    This pretty much sums up Ferrari to a T.

Borrow’d Mine likes this.