New Ferrari buyers can get an exclusive scale model | FerrariChat

New Ferrari buyers can get an exclusive scale model

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Booker, Jul 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
  2. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Whoever wrote the PR for that Motor1.com news piece really needs to get out a bit more if these are the top of what they've seen. "......Amalgam stands out for building the most amazing scale replicas we've ever seen." There have been and still are models that are far more "amazing" in the serious collector world.

3. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker

Your criticism would appear more legitimate if you provided these models you speak of

4. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I appreciate your comment. This is a field that I am intimately familiar with. I have been in the specialty model field, full time, for about 40 years, and have covered, bought & brokered, written about and collected numerous types in all scales. There is far too much to cover & show, but if you'd like to know more, then please send a PM. That said, I'm posting a small assortment of photos here, from twelve(12) different makers, from seven(7) different countries, and in various scales: 1:12, 1:10, 1:8, and 1:5. All but one or two of them does everything the way real model makers always have, which is without the use of 3D scanners and CAD files. Not all the photos are great, but the models are certainly better than great, and truly rate as amazing, even more so when considers the detail, accuracy, and understands how they are made, which is not in any factory in China. Showing F cars first.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Red 27 and jm2 like this.
  5. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
  6. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Yes varied, and as noted in my reply post #4. ".... small assortment of photos here, from twelve(12) different makers, from seven(7) different countries." There was no request to list all the makers, hence not done.

7. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    It’s implied when comparing models to a company that makes models, that you would indeed reveal the company that is better than Amalgam. Otherwise, you have simply cherry picked examples of fine models with zero context as to how they compare with Amalgam. Have you reviewed every model Amalgam has ever created? I would guess not. Did you feature any superior models of the Roma featured in the first post? Clearly no. So we are left with a random assortment of models of random cars from an undetermined company and and unknown year of production. While I understand you are relying on the authority of your identity as a serious model enthusiast, your response leaves much to be desired.

8. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Wow, that was pretty condescending, so I see no point in debating any of this any further. Not sure why such an "attitude." All I can say is that there was ZERO need for your replies to be the way they were. Not a great way to encourage any real conversation. I was not comparing any Roma models, I was clear about that. I was comparing model makers & manufacturers, as I had stated. Yes, I could have given company names, and some info on production runs, and more; and up until now, I would have been fine with providing more info...but the way the 'conversation' has gone, I can see it would be pointless. You could have easily entered into a more polite debate/conversation, or sent me a PM as I had suggested. Why such an "attitude?" Have I done something to offend you? Regardless, I do of course realize that you clearly do not know me, nor know anything about my background, my clients, etc, etc, etc. And that is OK, but in general, there is a lot to be said for a little due diligence. There is a very good and useful saying: "you don't know what you don't know." I should not have wasted any of my time here; I'm done with this.

9. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    cool man, maybe don’t try and start a ‘conversation’ by talking poorly about a company and their products, seeking only establish your personal superiority on the subject, rather than actually inform anyone about the products you claim to know so much about. I don’t know anything about models, nor do I care. I was simply posting an article, and you came in here trying to swing your **** around. Have a good one

10. SmokyDave

SmokyDave Karting

Jul 13, 2015
    England
    I feel like the simple addition of the words 'mass-produced' could've avoided this particular bar-room brawl. Amalgam make some of the finest mass-produced scale models, I'm sure we can all agree.

It takes someone with a real passion for scale models to be able to look at an Amalgam and say 'well, it's good, great maybe, but it's not special'. Even then, what makes a model special varies from man-to-man. I would sell my wife for a Gerald Wingrove GTO, but I could pick up a 'better' replica of the GTO for a fraction of the price from BBR or similar.

I'm very glad that Amalgam continue to produce high-end models in a 1:8 scale. I may not be able to afford one, but boy howdy can I admire 'em.

paulchua and Booker like this.
  11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Amalgam used to be a British workshop ran by dedicated enthusiasts - but I have the (maybe incorrect) feeling that since they've been taken over by a colder, more financial company they've increased their prices and lost some quality.

Booker likes this.