New F12 | FerrariChat

New F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by aggiestckl, Nov 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aggiestckl

aggiestckl Karting

Jul 15, 2016
    Doylestown, PA
    otakki likes this.
  2. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Man congrats !!! Love it !

MDS

3. aggiestckl

aggiestckl Karting

Jul 15, 2016
    Doylestown, PA
    Mike aren’t you on screamandfly also?

4. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Great choice, congratulations!

5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Congrats

I think the FF is a wonderful car, but in many ways it also feels quite similar to the F12. I wonder if an FF will either see too little use, or perhaps even dilute the F12 experience if driven often.
    The Lusso is coming diwn in price, and it is much more different than the F12, hence it will create a lot less overlap. Honestly, if the Lusso is out of reach, I'd keep the Merc as I truly feel that an FF as a daily driver will hurt the emotional value of the F12. The Lusso is much better as a GT than the FF. A bit less exciting as it's less raw and more refined, but it's a much nicer cabin which feels a lot more intimate and comfortable.

So if you can swing a used Lusso, by all means. An FF and an F12? Nah.

6. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    Congrats, crazy amount of car.

I was in a similar situation- I originally thought about an FF, got a f12 insteadwhich I love and have an s- class. I am actually thinking about a 488 as the weekend car, as f12 is my daily unless I have meetings or somewhere far to go and will drive the S-class. It is helpful to have all the electronics doodads and a car for pure comfort.

Lastly, consider the new g63amg instead? That is something I am thinking about- nice contrast.

7. aggiestckl

aggiestckl Karting

Jul 15, 2016
    Doylestown, PA
    Good points.. the s550 is pure comfort for sure. It’s definitely a great car in the f12 but I for some reason can’t get ff out of my mind. I almost think I’d prefer it over the Lusso

8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Congrats on the F12. The more I drive the more I love mine.

Well. The FF and F12 are very different IMHO. The FF is bigger, sure footed and moves in a completely different way. The F12 is lighter and pushes you from the rear with a steady hand. It feels very different from the FF. In fact you know how your 488 slams you back in the seat with bang? The F12 is closer to that in a different platform. I never choose between the FF and F12 but I do choose between the 488 and F12.

Lusso vs FF ? Go FF. More raw and more analog. Lusso will be there and cheaper still in 1-2 years.

That’s what I did...... awesome experience. Savor it .

Scott

Bundy, otakki and Thecadster like this.
  9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    FF is a great car, 4 seats, AWD and a V12 with plenty of room for golf clubs. Cant miss.

10. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
  11. Cut2qr

Cut2qr Rookie

Oct 29, 2019
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Maneesh Ailawadi
    Try a quattroporte gts
    Great alternative to the s550

12. aggiestckl

aggiestckl Karting

Jul 15, 2016
    Doylestown, PA
    Maserati is in my opinion the biggest POS auto manufacturer in the world. I’ve had two brand new ones and I’ve been left on the side of the road by two Maserati

$90-$100k for total garbage

Wikdstrate likes this.
  13. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    My friend bought a Ghibli a while ago. Went for a ride with him and came back thinking he made a huge mistake with his purchase.:eek: