New evidence in Stepneygate | Page 4 | FerrariChat

New evidence in Stepneygate

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi12, Sep 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    OJ? Are they going to write a book about how they didn't really cheat, but "if they cheated", how they would've done it? :D

~shahedc

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I just had (yet another) crazy thought:

Let's assume McLaren is thrown out of F1 for 2007. That makes Alonso and Hamilton available on the transfer market.

So what if Ferrari picks up Hamilton and puts him in one of its cars for this season? A guaranteed recipe for winning this year's title AND keeping the Brits (including Max Mosley) happy.

3. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    I wish..........I'd pay for cable to broadcast a lot more Int'l content than cr@p we get from the US.... American Idol gag

4. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I don't see Ferrari accepting a "no punishment" verdict again.

5. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    I don't think anyone will want them either, after all it would be foolish to think that Mercedes didn't see the documents as well....hmmmmmm ?

6. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    He already knows the Ferrari setup....should be a breeze after that :rolleyes: <-- thanks PAP

7. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    A popular sentiment ..

In my view the more good teams in it the better

Not to say I agree with the more burdensome aspects of Mclarens underhand play.

But Is all the blame Mclarens..?

8. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    + 100000000000000

9. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    On a lighter note..
    My wife has the idea of creating an alternative site called f-chat'sspouses.com for all the spouses of f-chat members because she is quite fed up with me sitting infront of the screen for hours. She thinks she is not alone on this one.

10. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Maybe Honda should use them. Jenson might be happy about that.

For some reason I get the feeling that if Kimi does win the WDC then whatever enthusiasm and dedication he has for the sport is going to fade and he is either going to hang up his lid or get dropped due to declining motivation. In that case I can really see two new drivers at Ferrari by 2009.

As fo McLaren Mercedes not participating in 2008, I doubt the FIA will go that far as to eliminate one of its top engine manufacturers from the sport due to all the advertising, royalty and ticket sales money that will be lost. The German grands prix would be very hard hit and I don't think the FIA would want that to happen. Perhaps other countries might like to have a GP at another's expense. I think it will only go so far as exclusion from the 2007 WDC and WCC and some sort of major fine like forfeiture of the deposit all teams have to put down with the FIA so McLaren has to come up with the cash again in 2008.

If there was tire data from Ferrari that was used to McLaren's benefit, the next big question that I have is how did Ferrari get such a head start on tire development if Bridgestone was supposed to be providing a spec tire for all teams, unless a) the tire construction was largely the same as last year's tire or b) Bridgestone rewarded Ferrari for their relationship with tire data that was not provided to other teams? It's just an issue that has been bugging me for a while.

11. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Ha Ha . My wife divorced me cause she couldn't stand me WASTING my Sundays watching races.

12. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Fair comment. Quote from Nick Tombazis (Chief designer btw):

"This year the tires were not known to us until very late in the process as Bridgestone had a new specification of tires to supply the whole field and did not want to give any team an advantage by letting them know the specification any earlier."

I don't have the exact date of the quote, but the context of the complete article suggests late May (just after Spain). Unless he's lying, which I doubt, that rules out option (b). As for how close this years wooden tires are to last years I suspect they're different enough that SFM were in the same boat as everyone else.

Cheers,
    Ian

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    im so lost..

15. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    What I would like to really see, is Ferrari kicking McCheater team's arse fair and square this season an THEN McCheater AND its drivers stripped from their points, so they can not say after that that Ferrari got a gift, and still be punished.
    I would leave them in the championship next year so Ferrari would have the opportunity to clean the track with them AGAIN and add insult to injury. But this of course would be in my perfect world and my wife would be an 18yo virgin with 34DD. :0

16. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Bridgestone has to start somewhere with they new tires, they can't just came out of no where with them. So, it is not unreasonable to think that they will draw from previous experiences in the creation of the new spec tires. Ferrari and other Bridgestone teams from 2006 may not have the complete data on the new spec tires, but they must all have some idea as they are probably based on the previous tires, loosely or not. In today's F1, the smallest detail can be the difference in winning, finishing or DNF in a race.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Far Out's post is all you need to know:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137037033&postcount=17

Speculation based on this:
    - Next Thursday the FIA will hang McLaren.
    - McLaren will no longer participate in this season
    - Ferrari's drivers will eventually battle for the title 07 amongst themselves
    - McLaren will sit out the 08 season
    - Alonso and Hamilton become available on the transfer market
    - Prodrive and Richards get a 2nd chance and will become Mercedes new A team for 08

18. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I think we all did see what happened when Alonshole did not share his "Ferrari knowledge" with Hami in Turkey.;)

19. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    ^ Wow, I haven't been following this, but if that post is true then I hope that McCheater gets F'd. I also think that Alonshole has some serious explaining to do whether he was immune or not.

20. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I can't see that, talk about bad for the sport. So now the fight is between 4 cars instead of 6?

What if Ferrari or Renaut have a bad year? The season could be over by the 5th race.

21. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    You mean like in 05?

22. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Is it just me or does it seem kinda sh*tty that the FIA had to offer "free passes" to Alanso, et al, to get them to do the "right thing" and speak up?

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes and no.

If the FIA throws McLaren out of the 07 season, they can no longer fight for the title (unless Ferrari hires them). Punishment enough I'd say.

24. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    But if they just strip McLaren of the WCC points, they could still race and win the WDC... which doesn't seem fair... if they knew/benfitted too, they should be punished too - perhaps tossing McLaren for the 07 season, and not allowing them to race would work though...

25. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    I guess it will end like that....