new daily driver | FerrariChat

new daily driver

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by lukek, Jul 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I should be wearing a big H on my forehead. I used to hate SUVs (I now own one). I used to make fun of the Boxster as the pretender dot.com car. I just got one (see any boxster people thread)

The rug rats love it. And, yes, it is a TIP. Because of occasional RSI issues I need my daily driver to have the auto option. I will earn my sports car badge with the manual Ferrari...The buttons on the wheel are quite nice, and the gear changes are quick enough. Otherwise, it upshifts too soon, so I keep it in "manual".
    :)

2. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Shame about the TIP, but for a modern car the Boxster is quite wonderful.
    Been a P-car fan all my life (currently have 2 taking up garage space), and the Boxster was the only Porsche that made me want to purchase a new car from the company. I never did bother to buy a new one though, & in the mean time they have water cooled the 911, made an S(tupid) U(gly) V(iolation of all that is sacred)....so I'll probably never own a Boxster, but appreciate the design.

I bet you get many fine years of use from the best looking of the most recent Porsches!!!

Enjoy :)