New build 488 Spider | FerrariChat

New build 488 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by TR007, Jun 10, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TR007

TR007 Karting

Jun 5, 2018
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trevor Roberts
    I am new to the Ferrari world (moving from a Porsche Turbo S and an Aston Martin Vantage) and getting ready to place my order for a new 488 Spider - Grigio Titanio Metallizzato with nero interior. Stitching on seats and Ferrari crest on seats is Grigio Chiaro. I am attaching the build that I worked up with my Ferrari dealer - welcome any comments or recommendations. Any input and recommendations are much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Nice spec!

Thought about thin white stitch on seats vs what you selected in order to tie in the tack and mats logo white together? I’d go thin vs the thick option. Very tasteful and subtle.

wrs likes this.
  3. TR007

TR007 Karting

Jun 5, 2018
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trevor Roberts
    Thanks .... I am still uncertain about the silver tach and may change it to black.

4. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I’d delete the front camera. The location in the front bumper is unsightly and your eyes are the front camera. I’d also select the sport exhaust which would blend very nicely with the color scheme. Otherwise awesome spec. Good luck.

wrs likes this.
  5. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    I’d delete the front camera too. I’d also be tempted to upgrade the HiFi. I’ve just locked my spec and I went quite heavy on the options. Hoping to have it here by Christmas

wrs likes this.
  6. TR007

TR007 Karting

Jun 5, 2018
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trevor Roberts
    Thanks ! I am giving some thought to deleting the front camera. Also included the upgraded HiFi.....

7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Consider the gold rake seats instead of the standard with a stripe possibly.

Also- the sills below the doors- paint it black or get carbon fiber. The Black helps to “slim” up the car.

I have the upgraded radio and it’s still crap. Save your money.

Also as others have stated, delete the front camera.

8. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I agree with upgrading to the JBL audio system; I did and to my ear it sounds amazing. It was mezzo-mezzo until I switched on the dynamic sound on and faded the sound a touch to the rear. Now it's magnifico!

Shadowfax likes this.
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #9 Shadowfax, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Agree on the HI FI upgrade - the base system is very low rent. I don't mind the silver tach but would personally do the yellow as it works in with the badge on the steering wheel. Black tach is too bland as you have more than enough black going on with the seats and trims. Would agree the central strip on the seat will help break the black look up. The racing seats are the pick imo but if you fit well with the electrics then maybe consider doing the daytona inserts, that way you can add some color there.

Stick with the chrome exhaust tips as they work better with those wheels.....def wouldn't change those to sports black. The black sills and inner lower lip can also be painted or wrapped later at much less cost. Would also consider saving $ on those carbon rear tails and side vents - you can get those off My-Ricambi at half the $. Would also do the full dash (vents) in carbon (do factory though). Also consider doing the carbon inner door sills (kick plates). You can do them aftermarket to save some $ as well.
    Assume you have the electrochromatic mirrors with those full electric seats?
    The rest of the spec looks good.

TR007 likes this.
  10. TR007

TR007 Karting

Jun 5, 2018
    The Woodlands, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trevor Roberts
    Thanks I appreciate the input .... will look again at the tach color.

11. WLFerrari

WLFerrari Karting

Mar 17, 2017
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Congrats, your spec looks great. Since you are asking, I would make a few changes to your spec - (1) change the brake calipers to black (2) get Daytona seats, and (3) get rid the Apple CarPlay -it’s a lot of money and you won’t use it. Btw, I moved into my 2018 Rosso Corsa Spider after many decades of owning Porsches, most recently a 2011 Turbo. The 488GTS is unbelievable - very different from Porsches - it is truly an amazing car. In the futurre, I will likely add a 911 GTS to the family.

TR007 likes this.
  12. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    Yes, Apple CarPlay is a waste. You still get bluetooth connectivity and a USB port to plug in your phone. Both of these will flash up your messages on the dash and allow you handle calls without CarPlay. CarPlay is just odd on a small non-touch screen.

wrs likes this.
  13. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Get rid of Apple Car Play and spend the money on the Daytona seat upgrade, they look better than the plain ones. I wouldn't do any of that CF and would reduce the CF inside to just the steering wheel. With a car as dark as yours the CF will not stand out IMO. I personally don't like CF so the only place to find it on my car is the steering wheel.

14. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    another thing... have you driven a 488 Spider? If you are tall you’ll apprecite the “race seats” as there is more space as there is less padding (but comfier to me).

jm2 likes this.
  15. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Agree totally, except lose the CF on the steering wheel as well. Get option LEDL instead, which is an LED wheel with the LEDs at the top of the rim.

MANDALAY likes this.
  16. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    At $5061 the Carbon fiber steering wheel with LED's is ridiculous enough so curious how much they charged for the LED's on a leather wrapped steering wheel ?

17. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

If I recall correctly $3,055.

18. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    +1
    Upgraded seats are a must...Daytona style with some colored stripe or stiching would look good...

19. Rick Parker

Rick Parker Rookie

May 6, 2018
    My 488GTS is almost here!..when finalizing spec my dealer told me the Apple car play was no longer a valid option for 2018. So that made the decision easy... I moved those dollars into more CF upgrades.

20. cjacks

cjacks Rookie

Jan 1, 2018
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    C Jackson
    Really? I have CarPlay specced in my 488 Spider scheduled for production in July...