"New" 89 Mondial t - Original accessories list? Post photos, pls. | FerrariChat

"New" 89 Mondial t - Original accessories list? Post photos, pls.

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by JF308, Mar 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Hi all,

Trying to get to know the Mondial t cab as well as I knew the details of my GT4. Would like to get a handle on the original accessories which should have come with the car (eg concours level)

If someone could post photos of the following, that would help me document the original list of items:

> Original keys
    > key fob
    > detailed manuals and brochures
    > manual pouch
    > tool kit and contents (assuming complete)
    > jack kit and contents
    > workshop and parts manuals (I had pdf's of those for the GT4)

anything else I am missing on the list?

Definitely appreciate the help. Real life photos would be really great (I realize that its alot to ask. Thank you.)

Thanks. John

2. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    #2 MondialTCab, Mar 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You can image search on Google for most of this stuff but I would be happy to do so when I get a chance...I have everything on your list. I would also highly recommend the Original Ferrari V8 Restorer's Guide (easily found on ebay...search Ferrari V8) by Keith Bluemel.

Pictures I found in a few minutes of searching...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Both myself and Sherpa have the Bluemel book, other Fchatters probably have it as well. Give me a shout if you'd like to take a look at the Mondial section.

James in Denver

4. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    #4 MondialTCab, Mar 13, 2008
  5. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    #5 JF308, Mar 13, 2008
    Thanks -- I really appreciate your help on this. I've begun to search e-bay, etc. I see some items referenced as "Mondial", but that is no guarantee of authenticity. I have experienced that with my GT4 while looking for an original tool kit, and key fob. You see many styles, all represented as what came with the car as original equipment, but you know that its not. Same for tool kits which often had replacement screwdrivers, and more often a one-piece versus two-piece spark plug tool.

I have the Blummel book, but for the Mondial t, it does not show PHOTOS of the original keys, key fob, contents of the tool kit, jack kit, manuals in photo form.... a photo to compare the ORIGINAL items versus what I have/do not have (and dont know about) with my car would be the best way for me to ensure authenticity and completeness.

>keys
    >fob (keychain)
    >keyless lock fob?
    >tool kit
    >jackkit
    >flat fix
    > manuals
    > workbooks
    > other accessories

FOR EXAMPLE, I FOUND THIS GLOVEBOX TROUBLE LIGHT ON E-bay store from Exotiparts referenced as a 308/328/Mondial.... IS IT REALLY Orig Equipment on Mondials??

Look forward to the photos being posted when you have a chance.

THANKS, John

6. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn

the photo for the keep fob is what is often referred to a s a "mondial" style fob. the original mondial style fob has mondial embossed on the back. i am not certain if this was still true when the mondial t came out, i have a couple of fobs with the mondial embossing, i'll take some photos when i get home

7. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    #7 MondialTCab, Mar 13, 2008
  8. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    As for the trouble light, I have never seen one on a Mondial T...but then again, the glove box was not in a lot of them, either of the two I have owned BTW. It would be worth looking in the parts manual but I don't have the time right now...

9. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    here are the mondial fobs i have. if there is a "t" fob, i have never heard of or seen one before.

you can see the "modial style" fobs, as well. the kind with the wider neck is the current kind that is available, the narrow neck is older

10. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    #10 tx246, Mar 13, 2008
  11. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    I have the keys (one ignition, one door) but no fob. Looks like I will be checking out the one on eBay to have something close to original.

12. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Thanks WSPEER and Mondialtcab for the key, key fob photos. Very helpful.

Any other detailed photos of original Mondial t equipment, manuals, toolkit, jack kit contents would be appreciated.

Thanks John

13. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    #13 MondialTCab, Mar 19, 2008
  14. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    The light you show is an earlier one with a funny euro plug - IF the 'T' had a trouble light it would be the later style with a cigarette lighter plug

The chances are there's a breakdown of the toolkit on the Ricambi or Eurospares site's parts lists - maybe listed under 'equipment'

15. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Actually, some of the Ts came with the "funny" plug...I know as I replaced my 89 with a later OEM style, my 92 was the "normal" one. Simple plug in procedure after dismantling.

16. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Thanks. Which key fob do you think would have come with 89 Mondial t? The "Mondial style"?

17. lusso64

lusso64 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2004
    Simi Valley
    Full Name:
    David
  18. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Thanks. It looks like I am just missing a couple of pieces, specifically the pliers and the plastic bulb holder... This helps me figure out exactly what is missing, so I can begin my search.

19. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #19 SonomaRik, Mar 20, 2008
    all the above look correct, but here are some items missed even though they are NOT necessary [only if collecting]:

1. Transport cover from Factory to Owner: strange device consisting of heavy black canvas like material with leather elastic straps: I have one, you might call Ferrari of San Francisco sales as they had tons just lying about some time ago, and have no need for them and might be willing to just give you one if your friendly and put some shipping their way [actually PM me, I might be that way]. OR the ol ebay thing. Sometimes on ebay unknowing persons list it as a toneau cover, which it is not... actually has no current use than have a 'full set' of T things.

2. Luggage: the most expensive leather set, and the largest normal set issued by Ferrari: $7,000+ Euros minus tax, inport fee and transportation!!! yikes. ===update, Ferrari lowerd its price to $5,900 euros...what a deal at $1.60us:$1euro ==PPS UPdate, noticed they removed one case for now only six] I have a 348 set which I got on the cheap [ < $800 for five pieces ] and which fit into the T, however, ....only use one of them for rags and windex and 'stuff'.

3. Keith's book is great. However, on ebay is also a must have in my mind [other than the original sales release with slides = $50 or the IMP brochure http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-FERRARI-MONDIAL-T-ORIGINAL-IMP-BROCHURE-90-80-94_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ119133QQihZ023QQitemZ360034594808QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW ] is "the Mondial T/348" [can't remember the exact title]. This bound book is a compilation of almost all the mag articles written at the time for the Mondial T and the 348: makes great reading. ALSO, and they do appear on ebay is a sales book where you un-fold a 1:4 sized picture of the T from the top, VERY nice and fun for the coffee table. [don't forget a model like the one I just got: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260218518481 ... not as good as the Mondial 8 series in 1:18 they just released, but doable untill.....]

I had this item and it seems to be original, but not sure.

PS: disconnet your auto-seat retractors....you'll be glad you did....AND check out your fuse box where the wires come into it for warpage and such, and if parking with your top down, take and hide somewhere your cig lighter and cig box insert: damn souvenier hunters....

enjoy, good luck
    rik

20. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The emergency lite is an original option. My car has it.

I think the spare tire was an option as well. Not sure what size the spare is as mine does not have it.

The cloth tonneau cover was an original option as well. The one with the mirror snaps and side clips that hook into the notches in the doors and wheel wells.

Dave

21. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #21 SonomaRik, Mar 25, 2008