New 575 Owner | FerrariChat

New 575 Owner

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Joel Delman, May 11, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself... new owner of a 2004 575 (pic attached), formerly owned by another member here (I'd love to say hello, not sure what the protocol is given that I purchased the car on consignment from a dealer?) To say that I've wanted to own a 575 for a very long time would be an understatement, I'm thrilled to be making this post:)

I'm based in Los Angeles, would love to be in touch with owners nearby for club events, cars and coffee etc.

Best,

Joel

Image Unavailable, Please Login

docapl, Il Tifoso, JOEV and 11 others like this.
  2. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Congrats! Beautiful spec.

The ride height looks great, adding some wheel spacers to the rear would really clean up the stance.

brogenville and Joel Delman like this.
  3. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #3 Ferrari55whoa, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    Joel, that is an awesome 575, several of us had been talking about it behind the scenes. I think its fine to discuss it, it was owned by an active F-chatter and I'm sure he maintained it well and used it for its intended purpose (having fun and putting on some miles).

As I recall that one is 134909, was ownd by Doug and has FHP and daytonas. Very well set up car.

I talked with the sales guy about that car and I personally considered it for a short spell. I have always LOVED that color combo (one of my absolute favorites).

Congrats on the acquisition and welcome to the party.

It will be great to hear more of your experiences over time. -- Eric

4. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Thanks Eric, you definitely know the car:) And to be honest, aside from its overall great condition (and yes, that awesome color combo), the former owner and care he took of it over the years was the real selling point for me.

5. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I’m in kindergarten but the professors here say it and it’s true... past owner care matters....more so than miles.

Oh and FWIW there wasn't anything that turned me off about that car, it was very close if not the top of the 575 mountain during my search. The value was there and the color combo and options had me seeing stars.

Joel Delman likes this.
  6. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Absolutely... I've bought a lot of cars over the years, and I'd take one that's well driven and well cared for with 40K miles over a garage queen any day. Made the mistake of ignoring that rule once, and paid for it.

7. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    100% agreed.... your and my miles are right next to each other.

For giggles I opened my spreadsheet (I stopped tracking back in early March) and your new car was in the #1 position out of 37 575's I was looking at back then.

8. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I also made a sizeable mistake when I bought #projecttalladega of not doing a PPI and then got to pay the 5-digit tuition to have the DART 427 rebuilt within 100 miles of buying that car.

9. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    37, wow! That's some amazing research. Interested to hear / see what you decided to go with.

I feel like I didn't work hard enough perhaps. Was looking at only 3 seriously, and when I found this one just had that feeling it was the "right"one. Called Mike Berman in NJ, discussed its ownership, records etc., and he told me to buy it then and there - over another car (same colors) he'd found for me, that had just 1/3 the miles.

10. gstudent

gstudent Karting

Sep 12, 2006
    Westlake Village
    Full Name:
    Gene
    Beautiful choice! I can see by what you do for work that design, art and beauty all resonate with you strongly. I am in SoCal and have sort of a garage queen 575.
    Enjoy your Ferrari experience

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Joel Delman and white out like this.
  11. Mellow_Maranello

Mar 16, 2021
    Dallas / Orange County
    Full Name:
    Alistair
    Welcome and beautiful car! One of the best (ok maybe the best) color combos for the 575. Congrats and enjoy in good health!

Joel Delman likes this.
  12. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Thank you!

13. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Appreciate it, thanks!

14. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Congratulations Joel! The new owner threads continue piling up it's great to see!
    I got mine in February, first Ferrari, and my wife still asks me why I keep staring at it aimlessly whenever we pull into the garage, lol.

IMO that is the finest color spec you can get, but some might say I'm a bit biased. :D
    And looks like you got yourself a really well maintained example that's fantastic.
    Look forward to seeing pics of it on the PCH and hearing about your new ownership experience along the way!

Joel Delman likes this.
  15. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Thank you, and I'm so glad to have found this community... Seems like a great bunch of enthusiasts who are happy to share knowledge and good times around these cars.

rhern213 likes this.
  16. Chrisv123

Chrisv123 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Chris Veit
    Personally drove that car and would have bought without a PPI. Car is a beauty

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Joel Delman likes this.
  17. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Thanks, amazing to hear that... Buying your first 12 cylinder Ferrari can be an intimidating experience, even for a seasoned car guy. It was very much the knowledge that this 575 had been well owned, and well cared for, which helped quell the butterflies as I signed the paperwork (though there was also a recent PPI that supported the service records and my gut feeling that it was a solid car.) The modular wheels were just icing on the cake:)

rhern213 likes this.
  18. SteveVT

SteveVT Karting

Nov 30, 2019
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Love the color combination! Congrats on the purchase!

Joel Delman likes this.
  19. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Gorgeous! almost bought that same color combo about 12 years ago.Good luck!

Joel Delman likes this.
  20. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Get ‘em while you can !

Joel Delman likes this.
  21. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Thanks! What colors did you decide to go with?

22. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Thanks!

23. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Are they getting harder to come by? Seemed there were several to choose from, particularly if you like red... Are you also in Los Angeles?

24. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder Karting

May 23, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Fred Wolf
    looks great, best of luck with it,,, great combo

Joel Delman likes this.
  25. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #25 Ferrari55whoa, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Only about 580 of the 575’s were imported and in 2004 there were only about 127?

2004 included evolutions (I thought I had a note from one of @tazandjan threads that Nov 2003 plus assembly dates are a sweet spot)...plus your options and color combo is #winning

Joel Delman likes this.