New 348 Owner | FerrariChat

New 348 Owner

Discussion in '348/355' started by David Blakelock, Oct 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David Blakelock

Jan 19, 2015
    Hi, I finally bit the bullet and purchased my dream car, a 1994 348 convertible. Only 25K miles it is in pretty good shape. A few items here and there but overall very good, especially mechanically as it just had the engine out service about 1500 miles ago. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions as I get to know the car, but wanted to introduce myself first. I am in Dallas, so if there are any other 348 owners in the area that would be great. Also, any recommendations on mechanics. I have a few pictures, will post more. Looking forward to being a member of this great forum.

Thanks,

David
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. nismodrifter

nismodrifter Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2008
    YYC/YVR
    Full Name:
    Navdeep
    Love it! Enjoy!

3. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Welcome aboard and enjoy driving it.

4. KevZep

KevZep Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Kevin Bennett
    Looks like a Minter!! You'll have the F119H engine in your car which is nice, bit more power...
    Can you post some pics of the engine? Just curious......

5. David Blakelock

Jan 19, 2015
    Sure thing. I will get some more pictures posted. Thanks for all the nice notes and kind words.

6. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    #6 Husker, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Nice ride! Your go-to mechanic there is Robert Rodgers of Shade Tree Enginetrics. Robert is a two man shop in Nevada just east of Dallas. He can work on your 348 blindfolded.

I had him do full engine-out services on two 348s i owned. When my 360 is due, I’ll be shipping it to Robert from amarillo.

Robert is the man! He lives and breathes Italian racing cars! When you go see Robert, make sure you allow for some time to look at his projects - he’s always got a “basket case” of some sort that he’s working on. One time when I was there, he has a fully stripped down vintage Abarth race car that had just been repainted.

7. David Blakelock

Jan 19, 2015
    Husker - thanks for the information. I will give them a call and go out and see them. Based on their website it sounds like they are an interesting couple and I can totally see how you could spend a lot of time out there.
    Kev Zap - you asked about some pictures of the engine, here you go. I also added a quick shot of the Ferrari luggage that came with the car as well as another shot of the interior.

Really appreciate all of the kind words and help so far.

The car is a blast to drive and I get plenty of attention when I am out and about.

David
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Qavion and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Welcome to 348 ownership; they are just such fantastic big gokarts; love mine. Enjoy.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Congrats!! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric