needs some help with a question! thanks in advance! | FerrariChat

needs some help with a question! thanks in advance!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ferrarisocal, May 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarisocal

ferrarisocal Rookie

May 21, 2016
    I got asked a question that I have been looking for the answer for almost 5 days now. The question is What are you selling if you are selling something that is really expensive like ferrari? You are not selling the ferrari car. If you are selling a honda or subaru then your selling a car. I answered his question with " your not really selling anything because the car sells itself. He then replied no, thats not what im looking for. Then i gave him another answer "brand, reputation and benefits of the car"? And another no. Gave him another answer "you are selling the status that comes with the purchase". He then said you are on the right track keep going. Then i gave him another answer "would it be self-esteem/sense of accomplishment? He then replied back, "you are on the correct path however, i dont think the words self-esteem are correct. I am looking for anothet word". Then i responded, "supply and demand is one of the reason some things is really expensive. How about social standing? Prestige? Or authority?" He then said, "look inside". Then i replied back with "experience! You sre selling the experience!" After that he tols me that "you need a little work on your end to find out the answer. Not guesses". So i asked him if he can give me a hint and ill get back to him. The hint is "know your self". So what are you really selling? Thanks in advance!

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Try some line breaks/returns once in a while.

3. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    What are you selling?

Meaning.... what is the purpose of this post, and who are you addressing it to?

4. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    OP is apparently not doing a very good job answering the questions posed by "he" and "him." Is this another "Gremlin" or "Ferrari rolling down a hill" thread?

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You forgot proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.

6. ferrarisocal

ferrarisocal Rookie

May 21, 2016

I am not selling anything. I had a conversation with a psychologist, and he gave me that take home question of "if your selling something thats really expensive what are you selling?" and he use ferrari as an example. Im guessing it has to go both ways for selling and buying.

7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Maybe pull a Major Nelson and tell him you are selling an ingot of Phinkilium?

8. ferrarisocal

ferrarisocal Rookie

May 21, 2016
    Lol! I even told him its like "keeping with the joneses" one of the GM at ferrari dealership said that "your noy really selling anything at this price point. Your selling the lifestyle and uniqueness." What you guys think about that? Its related to "status".

9. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    'Tater?? Is that you? <chuckle>

How is it that the OP has 3 posts in this thread yet shows posts "0"?

10. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Posts in OOT do not count towards your post count.

While people's reasons for buying (or selling) a Ferrari may be different, it is still a car that is being bought and sold. Some may care about the history, passion and performance, and some may not care about any of those things at all.

11. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Had no idea, thanks for telling me.

12. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    A psychologist maybe can get it. You wont!

Sales and Women have one thing in common. If you can get laid in a bar, you can sell a Ferrari.