Need some help putting this back together. | FerrariChat

Need some help putting this back together.

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Ak Jim, Jan 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Hi. Sent my column switch off to Verell to be rebuilt. He did a great job. I take a bunch of pictures to help when it comes time to put it all back together but I failed to get a picture of the orientation of the part that operates the self cancelling action on the turn signals. There are two possibilities and I’m thinking the first picture is correct. Just would like to verify. Thanks! Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Jim,

I believe that the first/top picture is correct. The reason is the small little tabs interact with the signal cancelling. Just to make sure... I would test it, but rotate the steering wheel gingerly to ensure nothing gets jammed or broken.

Let me know if you need some pics, as I can take mine apart and snap a few pics.

Cheers,

Sam

3. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Thx. No need to take yours apart. After some informal experimentation if it is oriented like picture #2 then you have to turn the steering wheel almost 3/4 of a turn before the signal self cancels. I won’t be driving the car for quite a while so maybe someone can verify in the next 4-5 months. Anyway I’m glad to see everything including the headlights work!

4. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Jim
    I am a few days away from putting mine back in the car. However, your switch assembly looks different from mine. Where is the ground wire to the horn? Verell had to replace mine. I'll be back to you with some pics.
    Ken

5. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Jim
    This should be the right orientation, see pic. If you put signal in RH direction a lug pops up; rotate disc (wheel) clock-wise the blinker stays on. When you rotate back the disc pushes the lug back down butting the lever back to the neutral position. You can see my horn ground wire in lower right. It feeds thru the hub above in that same location. (Is your horn done differently??) The two big lugs at 12 and 6 on the clock fit into gaps in the hub above. Clear? Ken Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Thx for the conformation.