Need help vetting FF in Phoenix | FerrariChat

Need help vetting FF in Phoenix

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Apoorv G, Mar 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Apoorv G

Apoorv G Rookie

Jan 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    AG
    Hello All,

I live in California and have negotiated a deal for my first Ferrari, it is a 2015 Ferrari FF. I need someone with Ferrari experience to help me vet the car on Wednesday (March 11) morning. I am new to Ferrari and would greatly appreciate if someone can come along with me Wednesday morning to check out this car and hopefully close on it.

Appreciate the help and I will owe you one.

2. Apoorv G

Apoorv G Rookie

Jan 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    AG
    Oh and if it was not clear the car is in Phoenix.

3. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Sorry, not around to "help" (but then i wouldn't be any help...and 99% of the folks here would not be either. The concerns you are looking for are not skin deep. Bring a paint meter in regard to skin deep anyways).

Looking for an FF I'd say two words for you to look into:

"PTU"

"PPI"

(unless you are loaded and don't worry about unexpected costs after buying a car - and there are some ferrari owners who fit that. So its hard to know where your "diligence" level requirements falls on the spectrum when buying a car for six figures that can have more than one 5-figure repair in its lifetime. For me - with my limited means - I fall on the "get a PPI" level of diligence - along with thorough investigation of ownership and service history and general fleet experience with the car I'm shopping, etc),

4. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    You should have a mechanical inspection done, something to tell you things like clutch life.

5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    It's an ff. Can't measure the clutch.

6. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Man....sorry I missed this. I would have come by and helped. Did you get it taken care of?