Need help picking a DD | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Need help picking a DD

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by indaville, Oct 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Nice buy, it looks good in the pics. It will look better in your driveway, enjoy.

2. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Update?

3. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Beauty, congrats! The rear of the car is very attractive - hadn't seen a picture of the back before.

Enjoy it!!

4. Infidel

Infidel Guest

Jan 19, 2011
    Southeast, USA
    #54 Infidel, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Congratulations on the purchase of a very fine car! I've always had a soft spot for German performance cars in black or silver livery (both of mine are black.)

The SLS is easily the best choice as your DD. A comfortable, genuine grand tourer that delivers all the prestige, comfort and performance you could ever want in a DD. And, in terms of exclusivity, the SLS is arguably more exclusive than a Ferrari, especially in certain parts of the US.

I have been considering the SLS for sometime ... but have been holding back to compare it to the new Roadster. Had MB designed the Roadster with a retractable instead of a rag top, the car would already have been ordered.

Cheers!

You're in fine company, by the way:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    #55 indaville, Dec 6, 2011
  6. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Awesome.

I still think you should have held out for an 8C though. ;) :D

Congrats.

7. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    #57 indaville, Dec 18, 2011
    Here are some better pictures of the car. I am in love with this cars engine, I can not get enough of it! It sounds great and has plenty of power. It is like driving a muscle car at times. The SLS really has it all. Power, comfort, luxury etc. It sits low but getting into my driveway is no problem as long as I take it at an angle. The brakes are probably the best brakes I have ever used. The car gets more attention then what I thought it would. I figured only "car" guys would know what it is, but it seems lots of people like the doors. I washed it for the first time today and the fit & finish is what you would expect. I am very happy with the decision to buy the SLS and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great GT.

Matt

8. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    Wow it's looks very nice, I really like that color. I think the SLS will be a classic much like the first Gullwings.

9. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it :)
    The SLS is a fantastic piece of kit and looks simply fabulous.

10. Reece

Reece Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2010
    MMMMMMinneapolis
    Full Name:
    Reece Mikkelson
    Nice purchase! Does it corner well?

11. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Extremely well ;)

12. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    Thank you! Yes, it feels lighter than it is.

Matt

13. Cool1g

Cool1g Karting

Aug 7, 2006
    Hollyweird, CA
    nice car!

just saw a convertible one a few weeks back here in LA... really good looking as well!

14. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i think you made a great decision on this purchase.

15. ALPINE6SPD

ALPINE6SPD Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2006
    NJ
    Congrats
    I like the coupe a lot more than the roadster. The roadster with the op up does nothing for me and with the top down still doesnt look as good as the coupe. I love the ceramic brakes. Only car I didnt see mentioned with to me would be a perfect daily driver and rare is a V12 Vantage plus it comes with manual. I mention this not to take anything away from your wonderfull purchase but I was just surprised no one mentioned it because if it wasnt the Cali or 8C that would be my choice.