Need help in colorado | FerrariChat

Need help in colorado

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by ls1569, Jan 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ls1569

ls1569 Rookie

Jan 4, 2015
    Full Name:
    marc shutto
    Hello all as I type this I'm sitting in a Seattle airport on my way home to Denver with the biggest grin on my face after buying my first ferrari today (360) the question I have I'm looking for a good, actually great service shop in denver metro that can do clutchs, performance mods, etc. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks

2. rfwf430

rfwf430 Rookie

Nov 3, 2013
    Englewood, CO
    There is only one shop--Scuderia Rampante--Dave Helms and his crew in Boulder. It takes time to schedule and get in the que, but it is worth it in terms of it will be done right; not cheap, but no quality independent FCar mechanic is and parts cost is yet another story--just part of ownership. Dave has been my FCar mechanic since 2000. He will relocate his shop to Erie later this year if everything goes according to schedule.

3. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Marc, Congratulations enjoy your drive. My suggestion is do the work yourself, its a blast and fun to learn and therapeutic, if like me, you work in a stressful office job all week.

If thats not your game, I second Dave Helms, he is well known as the best, and a friendly chap to boot.

Secondly and not based on any personal experience other than hanging out at his shop and looking at his cars would be Concours Motors in Colorado Springs. He has a slew of Ferraris and rare cars he works on however has never worked on mine.

4. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Anyone have experience with Councours Cars in the Springs?

5. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    I have talked face-to-face with the guys and they were friendly and knowledgeable. I believe FalconWing had them do quite a bit of work on his 348 and IIRC it was a positive experience. Hopefully FalconWing will chime in.

6. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
  7. ls1569

ls1569 Rookie

Jan 4, 2015
    Full Name:
    marc shutto
    Thanks jason, I own a restoration business so im definitely not scared to tackle anything like working on the car. I just need to find others who I can learn from. Ive heard of dave helms and good things. The big thing now for me us too meet others to teach things about the car. On my test drive yesterday I couldn't have been more nervous and the sales guy kept looking at me like I was an idiot for driving it under 30mph the whole time with my flashers on.

8. nitro

nitro Karting

Dec 9, 2012
    Snowmass/KenCaryl
    #8 nitro, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    I second maranello motorworks. They are currently working on our ferrari and have been professional and enjoyable to work with. Both Bill and Tom worked at Fod and know what they are doing. I wouldn't trust our car with anyone else.

9. ls1569

ls1569 Rookie

Jan 4, 2015
    Full Name:
    marc shutto
    So just asking my clutch has 55% left (original clutch) 30k mile car not bad I would think last owner never really drove it. What could I expect to.pay at any of the above mentioned shops for a new clutch?? And is there a better made clutch outside of OEM that I should consider buying? ? Thanks guys

10. ls1569

ls1569 Rookie

Jan 4, 2015
    Full Name:
    marc shutto
    So just asking my clutch has 55% left (original clutch) 30k mile car not bad I would think last owner never really drove it. What could I expect to.pay at any of the above mentioned shops for a new clutch?? And is there a better made clutch outside of OEM that I should consider buying? ? Thanks guys

11. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    Hard to say on costs, but you should definitely take it somewhere that they know what they're doing. Bill Evenden, formarly of FoD, with Tom Gautier started Maranello Motorworks and I've already had them do some work on my car. The amount of years and certifications between the two is invaluable not to mention the shop rates were extremely reasonable.

Find a place that's not a black hole of ongoing "expenses" and where you'll get you car back in a timely manner. Years of experience is what you should be looking for along with reputation. Can't beat Maranello Motorworks!

12. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    It's interesting that Maranello Motorworks only opened recently but already has a ton of happy customers. For those that don't know, Bill Evenden of MM has been a Ferrari mechanic since 1986, was one of the first Ferrari Master Techs in the US, and even up through 2013 (his last year at FoD), he was rated the best Ferrari Tech in the North America by FNA and Ferrari SPa via their testing. There is certainly no one more qualified than him and they are a super friendly shop.

The nice thing about Colorado is that you have a few choices (FoD, MM, SR) and I love seeing a healthy Ferrari community here. It's the best place to own a Ferrari.

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    That should say 2014. Bill was the head tech at FoD through 2014 and his latest test was 2014.

14. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    I checked in with Bill here recently and they are doing very well. I know Dave Helms and have nothing but great things to say about him too. You can't go wrong at either place. As for the clutch, plan on spending around 5k to 7k. It should be less, but just in case they find something else while they are in there. That should give you some cushion.

15. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Pm me if you decide to tackle it yourself.

16. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    Jason, I was wondering if it was the F1 or not, need the computer to set the club initial engagement points, etc..

17. jmaz

jmaz Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I've been very satisfied with Scuderia Rampante. I don't have any experience with the other shops discussed here.

18. mebowles

mebowles Karting

Jan 7, 2013
    Western US
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I have had Mark and the crew work on all my cars and can say that Concours Cars is excellent. They most recently did an engine out full mechanical resto on my 246 GT Dino. These guys are first class and have a huge amount of experience with Italian cars. I would not hesitate to use them.

Matt

19. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    They did ~$24k worth of work to my 348. Mark and his staff are very detail oriented and took the time to explain everything they were doing, and why. Whenever I stopped by the shop, Mark personally took me to show me what was going on. I received email w/ photos and status updates often as well.
    Unfortunately, my 348 was murdered (texting driver) before I got much of a chance to enjoy the fruits of their labor!

20. j.waldvogel

j.waldvogel Rookie

Mar 23, 2013
    Denver Colorado
    Full Name:
    j.waldvogel
    Maranello Motorsports. It's a fairly new shop with 30 years experience with Ferrari. Great work and way cheaper than any other shop in colorado. They did the timing belt service in my 308 at a fraction of the usual price

21. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Dave at Scuderia and Bill at Maranello are two of the best in the country. Either would be a great choice. Both have worked on my car since 2001, and both have always done the best possible. I still ship mine to Denver from Alaska because of them. Denver is a great place to have a Ferrari when you need service.

I don't know who FoD replaced Bill with yet, so they are an unknown (to me) right now.