458 - Need help identifying Wheels Thx | FerrariChat

458 Need help identifying Wheels Thx

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by jedijingle, Sep 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jedijingle

jedijingle Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Sun Diego California
    Full Name:
    John
  2. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
  3. jedijingle

jedijingle Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Sun Diego California
    Full Name:
    John
    Thank you CAS that help tremendously, Now I know the manufacture. I wasn't sure what that symbol on the wheel was. Cheers.
    Jingle!

4. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    There is a 2010 458 listed by a dealership in California with those same wheels.

5. Whan

Whan Rookie

Sep 4, 2020
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    Will
    Sold - to me :). Indeed the wheels are Motegi technomeshes (not sure exactly what model)

6. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    They were Motegi MR130 and are now Rotiform ZMO. They are a low cost cast wheel not a forged wheel.

They weight a ton...like 35 or so lbs each...super heavy, performance robbing stupid heavy is the way it was explained to me.

They are made to look like the wheels the Ferrari Challenge cars use but construction wise they are different. I looked into them and passed.

7. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Congratulations, I hope you got it from the place in San Carlos instead of LA. They both posted same car. I just bought a 13 less then 2 weeks ago too. What city do you live in?

Whan likes this.
  8. Whan

Whan Rookie

Sep 4, 2020
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    Will
    mvga1987 likes this.
  9. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Do you plan on modifying ur 458? I just lowered mine on Novitec and now I need exhaust and wheels. I got the stock wheelw on mine.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Whan

Whan Rookie

Sep 4, 2020
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    Will
    I do quite like the wheels that came on my car, and my car came lowered as well. Wish the wheels were slightly smaller (20 front, 21 rear) but not enough to change it

Similar to you, I think exhaust is likely next. Trying to decide whether I'd be happy with the Forza controller to be able to leave the valves open at lower rpm, or whether I want to spring for an exhaust that gives a higher pitch.

Separately I think I want to get a dealer to add the cruise control / pit speed module. I pretty much drive with cruise control 75% of the time I'm on a highway so have already felt like I'm missing it with my car

Otherwise, I'm probably going to do some cosmetic cleanups. Currently working on cleaning up some of the sticky buttons in the interior haha. There are some rock chips on the hood I'd like to take care of, and maybe get a paint correction done

11. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    I wish my wheels were bigger. I will get 21/22s for mine. Your wheels do look good on it. I dont think mine has cruise control either. Let me know how much that is going to cost.

12. Whan

Whan Rookie

Sep 4, 2020
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    Will
    Will do - probably will see if I can tough it out for a few months, but likely will start asking around if not

13. Whan

Whan Rookie

Sep 4, 2020
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    Will
    In case you guys were wondering, I got a chance to measure the weight of these wheels. Front wheel + tire was 52lb, and rear wheel + tire was 66lb. Looking at the Pirelli P Zero spec sheet with the front tire being 26lb and rear being 36lb, it implies the wheels are 26lb and 30lb respectively.

mvga1987 likes this.
  14. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Good info! I ordered 21/22 inch ADV1 wheels and I will measure them to compare. Also Pirelli tires.

Whan likes this.
  15. Whan

Whan Rookie

Sep 4, 2020
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    Will
    Nice - sounds like they should be sweet

16. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    I will also check the stock ones

Whan likes this.
  17. Whan

Whan Rookie

Sep 4, 2020
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    Will
    Would be interesting for sure - this thread has some stock wheel weights but not the style of wheel currently on your car.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrari-458-factory-wheel-weight-comparison.525346/

I calculated for my car there is a 7lb penalty per wheel+tire for the fronts, and 8lbs per wheel+tire for the rears, compared to the optional 5 spoke diamond cut forged wheels. On the plus side I'm going from a 235 to a 255 in the front and 295 to a 335 in the rear so getting more grip out of it.

The weight penalty for wheels / tires vs. on the body is about 2:1 per the physics calculations, so I'm reasonably content with an equivalent ~60lbs increase in body weight, given the nice appearance of the 21/22s and increased tire widths
    http://hpwizard.com/rotational-inertia.html

18. VelocityTexas

VelocityTexas Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2019
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Whan and mvga1987 like this.
  19. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Looks good, what wheels are those?

20. VelocityTexas

VelocityTexas Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2019
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    COR Forged. I don't remember the model. 245's front 325's rear for reference.

21. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Hello guys so here is the weight on my stock and aftermarket wheels with tires:

458 italia (base wheels) wheels and tires:
    Front: 50.4 lbs
    Rear: 61.05 lbs

ADV1 3 piece 21/22 wheels and tires

Front: 60.2 lbs
    Rear: 69.2 lbs

Tires that I am using on the adv1 wheels are a lot wider then the tires on the factory wheels.
    255/30/21 front
    335/25/22 rears
    So the tires also add weight been bigger and wider. I plan on using titanium lug bolts to shave some weight.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Whan likes this.
  22. Whan

Whan Rookie

Sep 4, 2020
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    Will
    Wheels looks like it'll look great on your car!

mvga1987 likes this.
  23. mvga1987

mvga1987 Karting

Mar 13, 2020
    San Mateo California
    Full Name:
    Marcus Araujo
    Thanks Whan!

24. jedijingle

jedijingle Rookie

Dec 15, 2013
    Sun Diego California
    Full Name:
    John
    Looks awesome. Thanks for info Whan!

Whan likes this.
  25. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    7lbs is a lot. I've read adding 10lbs would slow the vehicle's 0-60 by a half second. There are plenty of articles online about it. If you care about performance or plan on tracking the car, I would ditch those boat anchors.