Need a Valeo ECU - Mondial T | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Need a Valeo ECU - Mondial T

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Dark side of the moon, Jul 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JeffBerlin

JeffBerlin Rookie

Nov 2, 2018
    I fixed (for the first time, maybe it will be broken soon again) that gear poti.

The main question I know have: because I thought that poti, the other poti or maybe a poti somewhere else is making trouble: has anybody of you an idea what type the gear rev sensor is? Mine is supplied by 2,5volts by the ECU, I know that some types need to be supplied by 5V or they are inductive and I should be able to measure a little amount of amperes / millivolts but when it is broken?

2. CCMS LTD

CCMS LTD Rookie

Oct 19, 2018
    Cyprus
    Full Name:
    Evros-ccms ltd
    Hello. I have a 2003 Mondial T. Is there anybody that has the complete workshop manual for the Valeo clutch system. I am literally stuck because the it was running fine and now all of the sudden i cannot engage gears at all. With the manual I will be able to work on it as it is a very rare system. i have tried to find the workshop manual but no luck. All the help will be appreciated. My email is: [email protected]

3. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I sent it to you. Good luck, yasou!

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Impossible to say that. The 355 F1 was built in very large numbers and so we have a large data base to make conclusions from

The Valeo Mondials were all prototype cars built at Valeos request to test the system and all the systems supplied were virtually hand built in very small numbers by Valeo and installation was overseen by them.

5. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    It seems like the electromechanical parts in the Valeo system have proven to be trouble-free over time, but the ECU's in quite a few examples have gone bad. Diodes/capacitors have the tendancy to leak and destroy the circuit board necessitating a rebuild or replacement. I'm not sure if that's a Valeo problem or an old ECU problem as something similar happens to early 3000 GT Mitsubishi ECM's as well.

6. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    So, you get it???

7. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    A common wide-range problem back then. For example, I was an IT Manager at a bank during the early/mid 2000s and our new Dell PCs were going through motherboards like there was no tomorrow. All failures were from leaking capacitors.

alexion likes this.
  8. CCMS LTD

CCMS LTD Rookie

Oct 19, 2018
    Cyprus
    Full Name:
    Evros-ccms ltd
    Hi and thank you. Yes I received the manual but the main problem is that on the island nobody has an SD1 diagnostic. I have searched all over in Cyprus and even in Greece. No luck. All the obvious things like fuses relays are checked. I have pulled the ECU out and opened it up to have a look inside if I can see something that may have blown. It looks very clean, no corrosion nothing burnt or any kind of over heating. I am going to pull the potentiometer out and test the resistance. I have even took the actuator off and opened it to actually look at the gears and the mechanism. All good. This car is becoming a nightmare. I will do some tests on the potentiometers and I will get back to you with what I find. If there is somebody that can actually test all these components and verify if there good I would send them to get checked. I have tried a local electonic engineer and he avoided to even look at it. Thanks again and I will keep you posted.

9. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I wish you luck. You really need an SD1 to connect to and support this system and check the parameters.

My only suggestion at this point would be to reach out to Dave Helms of Scuderia Rampante in Erie Colorado and see if he can recommend anything. He helped me with mine, rebuilt my ECU and has an SD1. Tell him Alex sent you.
    http://****************.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk