Need A Ferrari in Amman. For my wedding. Seriously. | FerrariChat

Need A Ferrari in Amman. For my wedding. Seriously.

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by jhsalah, Sep 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    Ok, so I'm sure I've just served up a nice opportunity for some flaming, but here goes....
    I'm not some 19 year old kid who wants to impress a date with someone else's car and someone else's money. Let's get that out of the way. I'm actually in my 30s and I've already owned a Ferrari (and Alfa, and Porsche and a few other cars).

I'm getting married in Amman in May 2009. My beloved 308 is sold, and I don't think I'll have my 355 by then. I also live in the US, so even if I did have my car, shipping it over for a couple days would be a bit of a hassle, not to mention an expense (and it doesn't make sense to ship my Porsche over). It has been my intent to drive away from my wedding in a Ferrari ever since the concept of getting married began to mean something to me, and I'd like to make this happen.

Sooo..., wondering if I could make friends with one of my fellow F-chatters between now and then enough to have the privilege of "borrowing" your Ferrari for the trip from the Church to the Four Seasons Amman for the reception -- and maybe having it parked outside the reception for a bit, so I could go look at it when the pressure inside got a little too much :D Of course, you'd be my guest at the wedding.

I know, I know. Very cliche, sorry. In any event, I'm throwing this out there just to see what kind (or IF) I get a response. I'm also asking some family friends, so this may ultimately not be needed, but I figured since I was making such an admittedly big request, I'd start early.

Salamat,
    Jawad.

2. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Congratulations Jawad on the marriage........btw., it's not a very wise idea ;), but anyway I wish you all the best and good luck.

I would love to help, but Amman is slightly too far from Cairo. I don't know of any Ferraris in Jordan, but I have a few good friends there and I'll ask them if they no anyone who owns a Ferrari.

I will let you know.

Best regards,

Tarek

3. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    Yeah, all good things must come to an end. The car's really needed so I can make a quick getaway! :D

(Kidding)

Thanks Tarek! I know you'd help if you could :)