NBA off season | Page 4 | FerrariChat

NBA off season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, Jun 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    russ will have to give up scoring. let him run offense, get huge assists and rebounds w maybe 12 ppg avg. then they might accomplish something. if he still dribbles up court and pops for a 22' jumper at 40% they are dead

2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Its interesting that Houston was Westbrook's preferred destination and not Miami. Houston made the right call in getting a younger, MVP caliber PG. CP3's contract would be an albatross after next season. Dont forget he's 34. Also Westbrook is far more durable than CP3 who missed 48 games in 2 seasons and a crucial game 7 that would have sent the Rockets into the Finals against overmatched Cleveland. Obvious to even a casual fan of NBA.

It's Harden's team so Westbrook shoots less which is fine his 3-point shooting isnt as good. Hes still a dynamic playmaker. Give Russ the ball so Harden draws attention away from the ball and let him rest while Russ runs the offense. Harden's catch and shoot 3's will increase dramatically and he's on point with these types of shots. Russ runs pick and rolls with Capela and has Harden, Tucker on the wings. Harden will kill it as an off-guard against unbalanced defenses.

Westbrook is a rebounding fanatic which will lead to more fast-break opportunities. Harden's iso offense obviously isnt the solution.

D'Antoni will stagger their minutes like he did with CP3. Also dont forget D'Antoni coached Russ with Team USA.

Harden said it best. "I know how to play with Russ and he knows how to play with me."

3. JohannGT4

JohannGT4 Rookie

Jul 20, 2019
    France
    I'm not sure the Rockets will be a contender for the title this season, Westbrook will choke if they make it to the playoffs and he's not as good as before.
    However, the Clippers are scary and could beat everyone if Paul Georges and Kawhi Leonard don't get injured.

ShineKen likes this.
  4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Harden knew how to play with Russell as a 6th man. Now he's THE Man. Westbrick is not an efficient catch and shoot player. CP3 was. Ball should be in Harden's hands to orchestrate the offense. He's just more skilled at it than Russell.

They both pad rebound stats. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. Not important though.

I think both the CP3 and Russell contracts were bad. It only made sense they would trade for another. It was their only play.

95spiderman likes this.
  5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Meh, at least Russ stays healthy enough to play during the season. CP3's injury cost the Rockets a place in the finals in 2018, no one can argue against that.

I'd take a healthy Westbrook who might choke over CP3 riding the pine anyday.

CP3's injuries

DATE DESCRIPTION
    01/31/2019 Back
    12/20/2018 Strained Left Hamstring
    11/24/2018 Hamstring
    05/25/2018 Sore Right Hamstring
    03/29/2018 Sore Left Hip
    03/21/2018 Sore Hamstring
    03/14/2018 Sore Left Knee
    01/29/2018 Sore Groin
    12/20/2017 Sore Left Leg
    10/18/2017 Sore Left Knee

TexasF355F1 and 95spiderman like this.
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    What will be interesting for the next season or two is who will come out on top as the best duo? Next season will be known as Battle of the Duos. I'm looking forward to it ). Of course, I'll be rooting for my boy Claw to take it all again.

7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    klaw will take it again.

ShineKen likes this.