NBA off season | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NBA off season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, Jun 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    can dallas trade for him? or just match nets offer? how porzingus doing there?

2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Seems likely that Kyrie goes to Nets so Russell hits open market. Nets have right to match any offer but wouldn't matter with Irving going to BKN.

I like the idea of Russell going to Utah to pair with Mitchell and Gobert.

Could see the Pacers, Magic, Mavs, Suns all being interested in his services.

3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    talk also of pairing them together which is crazy to me. nets are so guard heavy with levert and dinwiddie already. how can you play 4 of them. they need muscle up front not a ball hog in back court.

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Thats a poor defensive backcourt IMO. Ball and Jrue at least good guard defense. Look at the turmoil with Harden and CP3. One guard is going to sacrifice some touches and baskets to the other. Can create tension.

95spiderman likes this.
  5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    ^^^^completely agree. jrue can easily play the 2 spot also. cannot see how pairing kyrie and dlo helps with anything other than hoping one big name can draw another. or to mistakenly think big name will draw fans. didnt work out last time they tried that w boston player.

6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    one boston player i would love to get to nets is al horford. what is going on with celtics? they were supposed to be starting another dynasty and now top 2 players are bolting. strange

7. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
  8. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    I'm sure we could swing it. We have some players from the Sacramento and Knicks trades we could dispose of, maybe even Kleber too, although I've been a fan of his lately.

9. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    will Cuban do whatever it takes to keep porzingus? I would love to have him on nets. really stick it to knx!

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Durant, Kyrie, and DeAndre Jordan all to the Nets...wow. If Durant comes back at even 75% look out for 2020-21 season.

11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    you guys know im huge nets fan but i dont know what to make of this. its really insane. why does durant leave gsw along with $50m to come here. and whats the love affair with kyrie? yes he hit the shot to win for clev but he ruined his last 2 teams and was a locker room cancer.
    i wouldve preferred they went with someone like tobias or horford to add to what they were building but i do understand their need to create buzz. everyone will be talking about nets now. just have to hope it doesnt turn into pierce and garnett 2.0 which is my fear.

12. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    but it does put dolan and knicks in their rightful place in the toilet. he is the worst team owner in sports history and no one will ever play for him. i was saying knicks would get no one from the beginning.

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Knicks suck...I don't ever see them winning a championship as long as other teams continue to have owners that actually care and want to win.

Butler looks to go to the Heat. Redick to the Pelicans. Horford to the Sixers. Tobias Harris gets a huge contract with Sixers. I remember his days in Orlando...wish my Magic would spend some money but that ain't happening...

14. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Haha serves Dolan right claiming during the regular season that MSG would be the destination for all-star free agents they whiffed on KD and Kyrie. Maybe he still feels the sting from Amare so didnt offer the max contract to KD which is understandable KD may never be 100% and at 75% may not result in a championship. Kyrie is toxic to the locker room but KD will keep him in place. Funny how DeAndre's good fortune is because he is good friends with players better than him.

Will be interesting to see Russell running with Curry and Green but does GSW jettison him when Klay comes back? Russell is too good and expensive to be coming off the bench.

Philly did Ok losing Butler but adding Horford and keeping Tobias. Horford and Embiid frontcourt is going to be a defensive beast. Thought Butler would go to Rockets guess Miami offered more money.

15. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    now that I have had time to digest this craziness, I don't really like nets moves and would've actually preferred they both did go to knicks. I would've liked kemba to replace dlo and/or both tobias and horford. that would've been a nice team. I don't see kd as a good return on investment.

really crazy for gsw to team up curry and dlo in same back court. dlo is a poor mans curry. same unathletic, unlimited range, gorgeous arcing shot with bad defense. they are very similar so how does this work?

just hope kawhi doesn't go to lakers. that would end the season. leb, ad, and kaw are unbeatable regardless rest of roster. clipps would be fun choice or stay in tor

16. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    But that is what 'everyone' said about GS the last 3-4 years.
    Sure, two key injuries killed them this year, so that should be a reminder,
    all it takes is a couple of injuries to the Lakers - just like GS - to kill them, too.

17. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Hope KD and Kyrie doesn't end up like Pierce-Garnett. Celts fleeced the Nets on that transaction and acquired enough good draft picks to set them up for years. Watch Boston have a better record next season with Kemba replacing Kyrie. Lots of supporting stars just need good team chemistry and Celts will be competitive.

18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i can see kyrie turn into daron williams very easily.

19. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    6ers are very interesting team. humongous front court and have simmons at 6'10'' point guard. 'cant teach size' but i think loss of jj will hurt them come playoffs. hes a 1 trick pony but its a great trick when you can do it under pressure. i thought joe harris on nets would out play him in that 1st round and i was way off. need shooters in this version of nba

20. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    JJ's veteran leadership, 3 point shooting and ability to stretch the floor make him worth more than his stats and why he earned a good contract with the Pels. He and Favors will provide valuable veteran leadership for Zion and all the young players.

Nobody talking about Jamal Murray getting paid $170K to stay with Denver, good move he has lots of upside and played well in the postseason.

21. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    never saw him play but that's a lot of money. is he all star?

22. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I never heard of him until I watched the Nuggets in the playoffs but he is pretty good for a young player and def has All-Star potential and runs the offense well with Jokic.

2nd best record in West and 7 game series with Blazers gets rewarded. Not sure about $170K but seems like free agent guards are a premium and Nugs wanted to lock up Murray before his rookie contract expires next summer.

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I was confused for a second. $170k is not even minimum salary. It's $170m. ;)

24. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    My guess is Claw stays in Toronto 1 more year.

25. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    He should stay in tor another year to bask in the adoration, defend his title, get supermax deal in 2020. Go to lakers then and be that much closer to taking over from retired lebron. Bt he's hs own dude and will probably surprise us all by going to twolves, suns, maybe even china.

ShineKen likes this.